RygariusNew Raid: Siege of OrgrimmarSiege of Orgrimmar
supports the following difficulty modes: Normal, Heroic, Raid Finder, and (new) Flexible Raid.New Feature: Flexible Raid Difficulty
New Area: Timeless Isle
- This is a new raid difficulty designed for pre-made groups of 10 to 25 players or any number in between. This means it's possible to have raids of 15 or 22 players! Difficulty will adjust automatically based on the number of players present with encounters intended to provide a challenge roughly between Raid Finder and Normal difficulty.
- Flexible Raid difficulty requires a pre-made group to join but has no minimum item level requirements or role restrictions. Both BattleTag™ and Real ID friends are eligible to participate.
- Loot quality will be between Raid Finder and Normal difficulty and awarded through a personal loot system (similar to Raid Finder). Bonus rolls and loot specialization will also be supported.
- Player spells with different target limits depending on raid size will gradually increase their limits based on the number of players in Flexible Raid difficulty.
- Players will be able to earn raid achievements just like in Normal or Heroic difficulty.
- Flexible Raid difficulty has a lockout that is separate from Raid Finder and Normal difficulty.
- To learn more about Flexible Raids, please visit our blog titled: A Raid for All Seasons: Flexible Raid Preview.
New Feature: Proving Grounds
- A mysterious island, lost for millennia to the currents of time, has emerged from the mists off the eastern coast of Jade Forest.
- Players seeking to explore the Timeless Isle should visit their faction's shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- The Timeless Isle is inhabited by all manner of strange and powerful creatures that will test the mettle of solo explorers, but great rewards await the brave and skillful: epic loot, bind-to-account gear, Mogu Rune of Fate, pets, mounts, fun toys, and much more.
- The Isle is filled with secrets and mysteries, many of which dynamically become available to explorers. Keep an eye on your minimap while on the Isle for information on nearby events!
- The Timeless Isle is home to five new world raid bosses! Players may face each of the four Celestials in a trial of combat.
- Heroes who have earned the legendary cloak from Wrathion may access the sanctum of the fiery Yaungol demigod Ordos, atop the Timeless Isle.
New Feature: Connected Realms
- Proving Grounds is a new feature where level 90 players can test their mettle and undertake trials designed for Damage, Tank, or Healer roles to test and improve their combat skills in a safe, controlled environment.
- To access the Proving Grounds, speak with an NPC in the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit or a class trainer.
- Each trial is available in four separate difficulties: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Harder difficulties include more difficult and varied enemies.
- Endless mode allows you to test your mettle against increasingly difficult enemies. Compare your best scores to friends and guildmates!
- Learn more about this feature in our blog titled Proving Grounds Preview.
Redesigned Arena System
- Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamlessly “linked.” Players on the same Connected Realm will be able to trade, send and receive mail, join the same guilds, access a single Auction House, run the same Raids and Dungeons, and join other adventurers to complete quests.
- To make Connected Realm feel seamless, player’s home realms won't be indicated in the game world. In certain places, such as chat, the players' home realms will be displayed next to their name.
- Learn more about this feature in our Patch 5.4 Feature Preview: Connected Realms.
The Legendary Quest Continues
- Players no longer need to create or join an Arena team to compete.
- Similar to the Rated Battleground system, players in a party of the appropriate size (cross-realm groups are supported) may queue for an Arena bracket of the same size (2v2, 3v3, or 5v5).
- Each player will have a personal rating that increase or decrease based on victories and defeats against other rated opponents. Opponents will be selected based on the average Match Making Rating of the party.
- Conquest cap, requirements on gear and enchantments will be based on the player's personal rating.
- The Arena ladder will no longer be sorted according to Battlegroup. Just like Rated Battlegrounds and normal Battlegrounds, all Arenas will now be region-wide!
- At the end of an Arena season, the top players in a region will still earn titles and mounts.
- For more details about the change to Arenas, please see the blog titled: Patch 5.4 Arena Update.
- Wrathion’s final quests are now available for dedicated heroes who have fought on his behalf throughout the pandaren campaign. He’s waiting at the Tavern in the Mists in the Veiled Stair.
- Complete Wrathion’s final tasks on the Timeless Isle and upgrade your celestial cloak to Legendary quality!
- Only players equipped with a Legendary cloak can reach the Sanctum of Ordos atop the Timeless Isle. (This privilege extends account-wide.)
- Vol’jin and his forces move beyond gathering supplies and into a full assault on the Horde capital. As such, the Battlefield: Barrens weekly quest will no longer be available once the invasion on Orgrimmar begins in 5.4.
- Ravika, the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster, will no longer be available.
- Latent Kor'kron armor tokens will no longer drop or be available for purchase. Players who still have a Radical Mojo will continue to be able to combine it with existing Latent Kor'kron armor tokens.
- Gahz'rooki's Summoning Stone and Raptorhide Boxing Gloves are now available as a rare drop from Kor’kron, and other associated creatures in Northern Barrens.
- All fear and horrify effects can no longer cause targets under the effects of a movement speed buff to move faster than normal run speed.
- All taunt type abilities now increase all threat generated against the target while the taunt is active by 200%.
- Vengeance has received several changes.
Characters in a tanking specialization now generates 40% more threat.
- Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
- Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
- Vengeance gains from being critically hit have been reduced by 50%.
- There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
- So as not to affect Challenge Mode leader boards, the above Vengeance changes will not apply there. For Challenge Modes, Vengeance will continue to work as it did in patch 5.3.
Area knockback effects now all share a diminishing return category. After a player has been moved by one of these spells, the player will be immune for 10 seconds. This new category applies to: Fellash
, Gorefiend's Grasp
, Glyph of Explosive Trap
, Ursol's Vortex
, and Whiplash
- Death Gate now returns the Death Knight to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in Ebon Hold.
- Icebound Fortitude no longer costs Runic Power.
- now deals 100% weapon damage (down from 150% weapon damage).
- Rune of Razorice now causes 3% extra weapon damage as Frost damage (up from 2%), and each stack of Frost Vulnerability now causes the target to take an additional 3% damage from the Death Knight's Frost attacks (up from 2%).
- Soul Reaper's initial damage component has been increased by 30%. If the target is below 35% health after 5 seconds the amount of Shadow Damage dealt has been increased by 20%.
- Unholy Presence now grants a flat 10% Haste to all things, up from Haste for melee (attack speed and Rune regeneration) only. The movement speed buff remains unchanged.
- is a new passive ability learned by Blood Death Knights at level 76. When the Death Knight dodges or parries any attack, they gain 75% of their Parry and Dodge as additional bonus to Critical Strike for 20 seconds.
- Glyph of Dancing Rune Weapon no longer costs Runic Power.
- Sanguine Fortitude no longer reduces the cost of Icebound Fortitude.
- Scent of Blood now also has a chance to activate when the Death Knight dodges or parries a melee attack.
- now reduces the cooldown of Raise Dead by 60 seconds.
- Ghoul's Leap and Gnaw abilities are no longer on a global cooldown, and no longer cost Energy.
- Unholy Might now increases the Death Knight's Strength by 25% (up from 10%).
Glyphs Major Glyphs New Minor Glyphs Bug FixGeneral
- Anti-Magic Zone has been redesigned. The talent now reduces magic damage taken in the area-of-effect by 40% for 3 seconds, and the ability no longer scales with strength.
- Death Siphon had its damage increased by 10%.
- Plague Leech now tries to convert 2 fully-depleted runes (up from 1) into a Death Rune based on specialization.
Blood: Restores 1 Frost Rune, 1 Unholy Rune
- Frost: 1 Frost Rune, 1 Unholy Rune
- Unholy: 1 Blood Rune, 1 Frost Rune
- Bear Form now increases Stamina contribution from cloth and leather items by 40% (up from 20%).
- Cyclone no longer has a 20-second cooldown for Feral Druids.
- Faerie Fire now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 40 seconds).
- now restores mana based on the Druid’s Spirit.
- Teleport: Moonglade now returns the Druid to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in the Moonglade area.
- Wild Mushroom for Restoration Druids now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing.
A single mushroom now heals for as much as what 3 mushrooms combined healed for previously.
- The amount of healing stored on a Wild Mushroom is now reduced by Battle Fatigue.
- Wild Mushroom and now have a shared 3-second cooldown.
now deals 10% more damage, but has its mana cost increased by 50%.Balance
- Eclipse now energizes the Druid for 50% of their maximum mana when triggered, up from 35%.
- Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.
- Shooting Stars now has a reduced chance to activate for each additional target affected by the same spell (Moonfire and Sunfire are tracked separately).
- Starfall now deals 10% more damage.
- Starfire now deals 10% more damage, but has its mana cost increased by 50%.
- Starsurge has its mana cost increased by 50%.
- Genesis is a new Restoration spell learned at level 88. Genesis targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the casting Druid's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Costs the same amount of mana to cast as Rejuvenation.
- Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health and will no longer be consumed if the target is already at full health.
- Swiftmend's area-of-effect healing effect is now called Wild Mushroom.
- is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Natural Healing or Mastery: Harmony.
- Astral Communion now defaults to generating Lunar energy towards a Lunar Eclipse when used after being resurrected or zoning into a new area (used to default to generating Solar energy).
- Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects. Benefits now varies by specialization.
Balance: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of the Druid's next Eclipse by 25%.
- Feral: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage for the Druid's next two melee abilities by 30%.
- Guardian: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Increases the critical strike chance of Mangle (Bear) by 10% and critical strikes of Mangle (Bear) have a 40% chance Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms. Instant cast version of Healing Touch now benefits from Attack Power instead of Spell Power.
- Restoration: Causes Wrath to deal 20% more damage and heals a nearby friendly target for 100% of the damage done.
- Feral: Treant summoned by the Feral version of this talent now deals less melee damage, but will cast Rake and Entangling Roots instead of Bash.
- Guardian: Guardian Druids now gain when their Treant takes damage.
when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids. Mass Entanglement
no longer has a limit on the number of targets that could be affected, up from 5. Nature's Swiftness
is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Balance and Restoration Druids at level 30.
- New talent: Ysera's Gift. Ysera's Gift replaces Nature's Swiftness, and heals the Druid for 5% of their maximum health every 5 seconds. If the Druid is at full health, it will heal the most injured friendly target nearby instead.
when activated, now increases all damage and healing done by 12% (up from 10%), and causes single-target healing spells to trigger an additional heal on a nearby ally for 25% of the amount healed. This is in addition to the existing effect where it damages a nearby enemy target for 25% of the healing done. Soul of the Forest
has been partially redesigned to make it more attractive to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids.
- Balance: Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge casts have a 8% chance to cause the next Astral Communion to grant 100 Lunar Power or Solar Power instead of activating the next Eclipse.
- Guardian: Increases Rage generation from Mangle (Bear) by 30% instead of an additional 3 Rage, and this talent now also applies to the Rage generated by Mangle (Bear) when it triggers Primal Fury.
- Restoration: Now causes the Druid to gain 100% haste (up from 75%) on their next spell after casting Swiftmend.
- Major Glyphs
Charred Glyph will now cause Faerie Fire to interrupt when used on targets that are immune to silence effects.
- Charred Glyph now causes Ferocious Bite to heal the Druid for 2% of their maximum health for each 10 Energy used (up from 1%).
- Charred Glyph now increases Frenzied Regeneration's cost to 50 Rage (down from increasing Rage cost to 60).
- Charred Glyph now causes Innervate to give both the Druid and the target 60% of the normal effect of the spell if it's cast on a target other than the Druid.
- Glyph of Lifebloom's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Charred Glyph.
Charred Glyph increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Wild Mushroom healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.
now reduces the mana cost of all shapeshifts by 100% (up from 90%). Charred Glyph
now reduces the cooldown of
by 45 seconds (up from 30 seconds). Glyph of Rake
now increases the range of
by 8 yards (up from 3 yards). Glyph of Skull Bash
now increases the duration of Skull Bash
's interrupt by 2 seconds, and increasing the cooldown by 5 seconds (down from a 4 second interrupt and 10 second increase to cooldown).
Glyph of the Moonbeast's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Glyph of Untamed Stars
. New Minor Glyphs HunterGeneral
- The following Hunter pet abilities no longer cost Focus to use: Dash, Dive, and Charge
- Arcane Shot now deals 125% ranged weapon damage (up from 100%) and had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%.
- Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.
- Deterrence now has a 3-minute cooldown (up from 2 minutes) but has 2 charges.
- Disengage now has a cooldown of 20 seconds (down from 25 seconds).
- Explosive Trap had its overall damage decreased by 30%. Proportionately, more damage has been removed from the initial damage than the periodic effect.
- Hunter's Mark now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 30 seconds).
- Readiness has been removed.
- Revive Pet no longer requires the Hunter to have line-of-sight to their pet.
- Stampede damage dealt by pets when the ability is used outside of an Arena or Battleground is no longer reduced by 75%
- Aimed Shot now deals 450% ranged weapon damage (up from 350%).
- Binding Shot is no longer a Marksman Hunter ability and is once again a talent.
Glyphs Major Glyphs
- A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage.
- Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.
- Glaive Toss no longer initiates auto-attack.
- Lynx Rush's damage has been increased by 30%.
- Narrow Escape's root effect is now a nature spell (was a physical spell).
- is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.
- Spirit Bond now regenerates 3% of total health every 2 seconds while the Hunter's pet is active (up from 2%).
- Wyvern Sting now has a range of 40 yards (up from 35 yards).
- Glyph of Mend Pet now has a 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from the Hunter's pet on each tick (up from 50% chance).
- Charred Glyph now speeds up the periodic effect of Mend Pet to restore health to the pet every 1 second doubling the total amount healed over 10 seconds.
- Glyph of No Escape now increases the ranged critical strike chance against targets affected by the Hunter's Freezing Trap by 100% (up from 20% chance).
- Combustion on targets affected by the Mage's Ignite now deals additional damage equal to 20% of Ignite's damage per tick (down from 50%).
- Mastery: Frostburn has been replaced by Mastery: Icicles. When the Mage damages an enemy with their Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt (16% + 2% per Mastery) of the damage done is stored as an Icicle for 15 seconds. Mastery: Icicles also increases the Water Elemental’s Water Bolt damage by (16% + 2% per Mastery). Up to 5 Icicles can be stored at once. Casting Ice Lance launches all stored Icicles at the target.
- Frostbolt now deals 10% less damage and no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead.
- Water Elemental
Waterbolt damage has been increased by 25%.
- Frost Bomb now deals 70% damage to players (up from 60%).
- Ice Floes now has 3 charges (up from 2 charges), and has a 20-second cooldown (down from 45 seconds).
- Living Bomb now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
- Nether Tempest now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
- Rune of Power now has an increased effective range. The Mage can remain up to 8 yards away from their Rune of Power and still receive benefits to mana regeneration and spell damage (up from 3 yards).
- Temporal Shield now also reduces damage taken by 15% while active in addition to existing effects.
- Major Glyphs
Charred Glyph now increases distance travelled with the Blink spell by 8 yards (up from 5 yards).
- Glyph of Ice Lance has been renamed to Glyph of Splitting Ice.
Glyph of Splitting Ice causes Ice Lance and Icicles to hit 1 additional target for 50% damage.
Glyph of Invisibility has been replaced with Glyph of Rapid Displacement
. Glyph of Remove Curse
now increases the damage dealt by 15% after successfully removing a curse (up from 10%). Glyph of Spellsteal
now heals the Mage for 5% of their maximum health after successfully stealing a spell (up from 3%). New Minor Glyphs General
- Spinning Crane Kick now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
- Mana Tea is now consumed at an increased rate of 1 stack per 0.5 seconds (up from 1 stack per 1 second).
- Revival's healing has been reduced by 30%.
- Mastery: Bottled Fury has been redesigned. Bottled Fury now gives a chance to generate an additional charge of Tigereye Brew when the Monk gains one normally.
- Storm, Earth, and Fire now deals 70% damage (up from 60%) with one Spirit summoned and 55% (up from 45%) with two Spirits summoned.
- Tigereye Brew received an adjustment.
It now increases amage by 6% per stack, (up from 1% per stack) but is no longer increased by Mastery.
- A charge of Tigereye Brew is gained for each 4 Chi consumed through use of abilities and attacks (up from a charge for each 3 Chi consumed).
- Chi Brew now restores 2 Chi, has a 45-second cooldown (down from 1.5 minutes), and generate stacks of Brew/Teas based on the Monk's specialization.
Brewmaster: 5 stacks of Elusive Brew
- Mistweaver: 2 stacks of Mana Tea
- Windwalker: 2 stacks of Tigereye Brew
no longer requires a target. It now travels as a 40-yard line in front of the Monk. Healing Elixirs
will no longer activate if the Monk is already at full health, and activate automatically when the Monk has less than 35% of their maximum health. Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
now has a pet control bar for Xuen, and the talent is no longer on global cooldown for all Monk specializations.
- Brewmaster Monks now gain when Xuen takes damage.
will now activate from the following Chi generating abilities; Jab, Expel Harm
, Spinning Crane Kick
(when it hits at least 3 targets), Crackling Jade Lightning
, and Soothing Mist
. Ring of Peace
has a new visual effect that properly depicts its area-of-effect, and now disarms both enemies and those attacking allies within the Ring of Peace
's area-of-effect for 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds); the silence effect for casting spells remains unchanged at 3 seconds. Rushing Jade Wind
has been redesigned and replaces Spinning Crane Kick
- Rushing Jade Wind: The Monk summons a whirling tornado around them, dealing damage to nearby enemies (heals nearby allies for Mistweavers). Rushing Jade Wind has the same costs, Chi generation, and periodic rate as Spinning Crane Kick, but, deals 80% of the periodic damage or healing, lasts 6 seconds, is instant, and not channeled.
now deals 15% more healing and damage.Glyphs
Glyph of Expel Harm
has been replaced with Charred Glyph
Glyph of Retreat has been replaced with Charred Glyph
- Charred Glyph causes a healing sphere to be summoned near the Monk at no cost when their health falls below 25%. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.
Glyph of Stoneskin has been replaced with Glyph of Detox
. Glyph of Detoxing
now causes Expel Harm
to heal for 50% as much when used on other targets. Glyph of Transcendence
now reduces the cooldown of Transcendence: Transfer
by 5 seconds (used to increase the range by 10 yards).
Glyph of Uplift has been replaced by Glyph of Detoxing
. Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug that caused the damage of some abilities for Brewmasters with to scale incorrectly.
- Mastery: Illuminated Healing no longer activates from periodic healing effects.
- no longer reduces the amount of healing done, and now restores mana based on the Paladin’s Spirit.
- (Holy) now has a cooldown of 3 minutes (down from 5 minutes), and summons a guardian that heals the ally that the Paladin healed for 100% (up from 10%) of the amount healed, but no longer heals nearby friendly targets.
- Holy Insight now increases the effectiveness of Eternal Flame, Light of Dawn, and Word of Glory by 50%. Effectiveness of other heals are still increased by 25%.
- Holy Radiance now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
- Holy Shock's mana cost has been reduced by 50%.
- Judgment for Holy Paladins now costs 12% of base mana to cast (up from 5% of base mana).
Talents Eternal Flame
- Guardian of the Ancient Kings (Retribution version) now has a reduced cooldown of 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes, and the maximum number of stacks has been reduced to 12.
- Inquisition now lasts 20 seconds per charge of Holy Power consumed, up from 10 seconds.
's periodic heal-over-time effect now heals for 40% more. Execution Sentence
will now immediately damage the target for 5 times the amount of damage that had been dealt by Execution Sentence
most recent periodic effect when dispelled.
Hand of Purity
- Stay of Execution will now immediately heal the target for 5 times the amount of healing that had been dealt by Stay of Execution's most recent periodic effect when dispelled.
now reduces damage taken from harmful periodic effects by 80% (up from 70%) and reduces damage taken from harmful periodic effects that cannot be prevented by immunities by 40% (up from 0%).Light's Hammer
now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability. Sacred Shield
- Holy: Sacred Shield now applies its damage absorption shield immediately, can be active on more than one target at a time, but the talent now costs mana and has 3 charges with a 10-second recharge.
- Protection: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.
- Holy: Sanctified Wrath now also increases the critical strike chance of Holy Shock by 20%.
- Protection: Sanctified Wrath now causes Judgment to generate 2 Holy Power instead of 1 while Avenging Wrath is active.
in addition to its current effects, now also causes Judgment
to generate a charge of Holy Power for Holy Paladins. Stacks of Selfless Healer
now reduce the cast time, mana cost, and improve the effectiveness of Holy Light
, Flash of Light
, and Holy Radiance
. Unbreakable Spirit
has been simplified. It now reduces the cooldown on Divine Shield
, Divine Protection
, and Lay on Hands
by 50%.Glyphs Major Glyphs Charred Glyph
now increases damage for the next Shield of the Righteous
by 10% per stack (down from 20% per stack). Glyph of the Battle Healer
has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight
to no longer heal the Paladin. Instead, a nearby raid or party member will receive healing for 30% of the amount the Paladin would have received from Seal of Insight. Glyph of Burden of Guilt
has been replaced with Glyph of Burden of Guilt: New Minor Glyphs General
- now prefers to target healers when it grants mana. Healers will always be picked before non-healers, regardless of how much mana they have.
- Leap of Faith no longer has a facing requirement.
- Shadow Word: Death now deals 15% more damage.
- Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% more damage.
- Grace can no longer be dispelled.
- Rapture now energizes the Priest for 100% of the mana cost of Power Word: Shield/ When the shield is fully consumed or is dispelled (used to energize the Priest with mana equal to 150% of their spirit). This is the modified mana cost for Power Word: Shield, after being reduced by Rapture’s passive effect.
- Spirit Shell duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds), and the damage absorption shield's effectiveness can now be reduced through Battle Fatigue.
- Holy Word: Sanctuary mana cost reduced to 3.8% (down from 6.3%), and now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
- Lightspring is now baseline for all Holy Priests and the ability has been renamed to Lightwell.
- Serendipity's mana cost reduction has been increased to 20% per stack (up from 10% per stack), and no longer displays a spell effect when in the UI when it's active.
- Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.
- Shadowy Apparitions now creates a shadowy version of the Priest that floats towards the target and deals damage. The apparitions are now treated as a missile, and is no longer an attackable creature.
- Vampiric Touch now deals 20% more damage.
- Angelic Feather now increases allies' movement speed by 80%, up from 60%, and feathers placed in the world have a duration of 10 minutes (up from 5 minutes).
- Cascade's effect can now bounce up to 4 times (up from 3), and its effect should no longer bounce between minor guardians (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.).
- Divine Insight for Discipline Priests now has a 100% chance to activate its effect after using Penance, up from 40% and now displays an effect in the UI when it's active.
- Divine Star’s healing is no longer affecting by diminishing returns when used on multiple targets.
- Surge of Light
Discipline, Holy: Now also has a chance to activate its effect on cast for these following spells; Penance, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, and Prayer of Healing.
- Shadow: Now has a 20% chance to activate its effect for Shadow Priests (up from a 15% chance).
’s healing is no longer affecting by diminishing returns when used on multiple targets. Mindbender
now deals 10% more damage, and mana return has been increased by 20%.
no longer benefits from Haste and its health has been reduced by 75%, but fixed a bug where
wasn't being affected by base Resilience. Twist of Fate
's damage and healing threshold to activate has been increased to 35% (up from 20%).Glyphs Glyph of Fear Ward
now reduces the cooldown on Fear Ward
without reducing its duration.
Glyph of Lightspring has been renamed to Glyph of Lightwell
Glyph of Lightwell has been renamed to Glyph of Deep Wells
. Glyph of Purify
now causes Purify
to heal the target for 5% of their maximum health after successfully dispelling a magical effect or disease (up from 3%). Charred Glyph
now causes Power Word: Shield
to reflect 70% of the damage absorbed (up from 45%). New Minor Glyphs Class Armor
- Discipline/Holy PvP 2-piece set bonus' (4-piece set bonus pre-Season 12) Holy Spark effect can no longer be dispeled.
- Shadow PvP 4-piece set bonus is no longer an area-of-effect and only affects the character that dispels Vampiric Touch.
- Ambush damage has been increased by 12%.
- Evasion now increases dodge chance by 100% (was 50%), cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes (down from 3 minutes), and duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Eviscerate now deals 10% less damage.
- Fan of Knives damage has been increased by 25%.
- Recuperate now restores 4% of maximum health every 3 seconds, up from 3%.
- Sinister Strike deals an increased 240% of weapon damage (up from 145%), but now costs 50 Energy (up from 40 Energy).
- Assassination Rogues should no longer be eligible for any other weapon types except daggers in situations where loot is automatically awarded(Raid Finder, Bonus Rolls, Heroic/Normal Scenarios, and the upcoming Flexible Raid difficulty.)
- Dispatch now deals 645% weapon damage (up from 460%).
- Mutilate now deals 280% weapon damage (up from 200%).
- New passive ability, Ruthlessness: This passive ability is learned by Combat Rogues at Level 32. The Rogue gains a 20% chance per combo point (100% chance at 5 combo points) to immediately regain 1 combo point while performing a finishing move.
- Killing Spree targeting has been changed. If Blade Flurry is not active, Killing Spree will now hit the Rogue's target 7 times or pick the closest eligible target if none had been selected. Killing Spree will continue to work as it has while Blade Flurry is active.
- Revealing Strike now deals 160% weapons damage (up from 125%).
- Vitality now increases Attack Power by 40% (up from 30%).
- Backstab now deals 380% weapon damage (up from 275%).
- Hemorrhage now deals 160% weapons damage (up from 140%); 232% weapons damage if a dagger is equipped (up from 203% for daggers).
- Sanguinary Vein now increases damage against targets with bleed effects by 25% (up from 20%).
- Burst of Speed's cost has been reduced to 15 Energy (down from 30 Energy).
- Cheat Death now reduces damage taken by 85% after activating (up from 80%).
- Cloak and Dagger now allows the Rogue to use Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot from 40 yards away (up from 30 yards).
- Nightstalker now increases damage dealt by abilities while stealthed by 50%, up from 25%.
- now stuns the target at 4 applications of the poison (down from 5 applications).
- Shadowstep now has a reduced cooldown of 20 seconds (down from 24 seconds).
Glyph of Blind
- Major Glyphs
Glyph of Adrenaline Rush's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Charred Glyph.
Charred Glyph now reduces the cooldown of Redirect by 50 seconds (down from Redirect no longer has a cooldown).
now only removes damage-over-time effects that would cause Blind
to break. For Rogues that also have the Dirty Tricks
talent, this means Blind
will no longer remove the Rogue’s poison or bleed effects.
Glyph of Crippling Poison has been replaced with Charred Glyph
- Charred Glyph now causes Fan of Knives to also damage the armor of its victims, applying 1 application of the Weakened Armor effect to each target.
Glyph of Debilitation has been replaced with Glyph of Recovery
. Charred Glyph
now increases the healing of Recuperate
by an additional 1% (up from 0.5%).
Glyph of Sap has been replaced with Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins
. Glyph of Shiv
now reduces the cooldown of Shiv by 3 seconds (was 2 seconds). New Minor Glyphs Class Armor
- Rogue Tier-15 4-piece set bonus (Item - Rogue T15 4P Bonus) now causes to reduce the cost of all abilities by 15% (down from 40%).
- Fixed an issue where certain conditions can cause Blade Flurry to not deal damage to additional nearby opponents.
- Chain Heal's effectiveness will no longer decrease with each jump (up from a 30% reduction to healing with each jump).
- Earth Elemental Totem's summoned Greater Earth Elemental will no longer taunt off players that are in a tanking specialization.
- Fire Elemental Totem's summoned Greater Fire Elemental now deals 10% less damage.
- Healing Rain's healing has been reduced by 30%, and the area-of-effect has been increased to 12 yards (up from 10 yards). In addition, Healing Rain now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
TalentsEcho of the Elements
- Restorative Waves now increases the healing done by Healing Rain by 100% in addition to the ability's current effects.
- now has a duration of 30 seconds (up from 15 seconds).
- Riptide's mana cost has been reduced by 25%.
' spell duplication effect can no longer occur more than once every 4 seconds when used on friendly or hostile players and player pets or guardians. Healing Tide Totem
is no longer a talent and is a baseline ability for all Shamans. Additionally, this totem will now heal 12 raid members (up from 5) when used in a 25-player instance. Stone Bulwark Totem
's initial damage absorption shield now absorbs an additional 33% in damage.
Totemic Restoration has been replaced with a new talent, Totemic Persistence
- New talent: Totemic Persistence. Summoning a second totem of the same element no longer causes the first totem to be destroyed. Only one non-Fire totem can benefit from this effect at a time.
Glyphs Major Glyphs New Minor Glyphs Class Armor
- effect now applies to the Shaman, not the target.
- effect now increases Lightning Bolt damage by 30%, up from 20%.
- Elemental Shaman 2-piece PvP set bonus (Improved Lightning Shield) has been changed. It now allows Lightning Shield to be triggered once every 1.5 seconds instead of once every 3 seconds.
- Enhancement Shaman 4-piece PvP set bonus (Frostflame Weapon) now causes the Shaman's to also reduce the target's movement speed for 3 seconds.
DemonologyDestructionTalents Grimoire of Sacrifice
- Agony damage has been increased by 16%.
- no longer energizes Soul Shards from the pets and guardians of players and now deals 34% less damage. If other periodic Affliction damage effects are triggered by , they now deal 60% of their normal damage (down from 100%).
- Haunt now deals 50% more damage, and increases damage done by all of the Warlock's damage-over-time spells against the target by 40%.
- Drain Soul now deals 34% less damage, and causes all of of the Warlock's other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
- Nightfall now gives Corruption a 10% increased chance to generate a Soul Shard (up from a 5% chance), but the increased chance only works on the most recently applied Corruption.
- Soul Swap no longer does any damage, and now copies damage-over-time effects instead of just moving them without needing a glyph. Copied effects now once again preserve their power and duration. Duration has been reduced to 3 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
- Unstable Affliction damage has been increased by 21%.
no longer affects Drain Life.
- For Affliction Warlocks, Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the power of various single target spells by 20% (down from 30%).
no longer replaces Drain Life
. Harvest Life
is now a passive talent that increases Drain Life
's damage by 50%, and healing by 150%. The talent no longer turns the ability into an area-of-effect spell. Howl of Terror
is no longer a talent and is now a baseline skill for all Warlocks.
- is a new talent replacing Howl of Terror. The Warlock sends out a cone of Shadow damage, snaring targets, has a 20-second cooldown.
no longer reduces movement speed, and will now allow the Warlock to cast Incinerate
, Drain Soul
, and Shadow Bolt
while moving. Mannoroth's Fury
is no longer a passive ability. Mannoroth's Fury
now has a duration of 10 seconds with a 60 second cooldown, and increases the area of area-of-effect by 500% and increases damage by 100% for Seed of Corruption
, and Rain of Fire
. Soul Leech
can now also activate from Shadowburn
, and caps out at 15% of the Warlock and their pet's maximum health (down from 100%). Soul Link
now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet, and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet. This ability is always active while the Warlock's pet is active.Glyphs
Glyph of Everlasting Affliction has been replaced by Glyph of Eternal Resolve
. Charred Glyph
no longer causes Fear
to have a cooldown. Glyph of Imp Swarm
now summons 4 Wild Imps (down from 5 Wild Imps).
Glyph of Shadowflame has been replaced with Glyph of Unending Resolve
Glyph of Soul Swap has been replaced with Glyph of Havoc. Class ArmorBug Fix
- Fixed an issue where Blood Horror was not working properly while Metamorphosis was active.
- Battle, Berserker and Defensive Stance now have a 1.5-second cooldown (down from 3 seconds).
- now also increases the damage of Thunder Clap by 50%.
- Deep Wounds damage has been increased by 65%.
- Enrage now also triggers on critical hits from Devastate and Shield Slam.
- Hamstring is no longer on a global cooldown.
- Intervene now also breaks roots and snares when used.
- Shattering Throw no longer costs rage.
- Shield Wall no longer requires a shield. If the Warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield.
- Spell Reflection no longer requires a shield. If the Warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield.
- Mortal Strike now deals 215% of weapon damage (up from 175%).
- Seasoned Soldier now also reduces the cost of Thunder Clap by 10 Rage.
- Slam now deals 25% more damage, but the Rage cost has been increased by 25% as well. While Sweeping Strikes is active, Slam will deal 35% of damage dealt against the primary target to all other enemies within 2 yards, and targets affected by Colossus Smash receives 10% more damage.
- Revenge now generates 20 Rage (up from 15 Rage).
- is a new passive ability learned by Protection Warriors at level 76. When the Warrior dodges or parries any attack, they gain 75% of their Parry and Dodge as an additional bonus to Critical Strike for 20 seconds.
- Ultimatum now activates from critical hits with Shield Slam instead of a flat 20% chance, and the ability will make the next Heroic Strike or be a critical hit in addition to costing no Rage.
- Bladestorm's cooldown has decreased to 60 seconds (down from 1.5 minutes).
Arms: Bladestorm now deals 180% of weapon damage (up from 120%).
- Protection: Bladestorm now deals 160% of weapon damage (down from 240%).
's snare and bleed effects are now two separate debuffs. Clearing one of the effects will no longer remove the other. Enraged Regeneration
now instantly heals the warrior for 10% of their total health (up from 5%), and an additional 10% over 5 seconds (up from 5%). Impending Victory
now heals the Warrior for 20% of their maximum health at all times (up from 15% on attack and 20% on kills that yield experience or honor). Storm Bolt
now has a duration of 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds), and has an off-hand attack for Fury Warriors. Vigilance
no longer transfers damage to the Warrior. The talent now reduces amount of damage the target takes by 30% for 12 seconds. Warbringer
now roots the target for 4 seconds instead of stunning them for 3 seconds. The 50% reduction to movement speed snare effect for 8 seconds remains unchanged. Glyph of Blitz
will now cause Warbringer
to root an additional 2 nearby targets.Glyphs New Minor Glyphs Bug Fix
- Intervene should no longer incorrectly trigger a cooldown when there isn't an allied target for the Warrior to intervene to.
: Fixed an issue where players may sometimes not receive credit for defeating Hei Feng.Creatures
Pet Battles Pet Battle General
- Bonus Roll change: Players that don’t have a coin or elect to not use a Bonus Roll when defeating one of the world bosses (Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak, and Oondasta) can come back later that same week to use the Bonus Roll. The limit has not changed and remains one attempt and one bonus roll per boss, per week.
- H.A.R.V.E.Y. and D.E.N.T. have returned to their posts. The mechanical auctioneers will once again allow Engineers to access the auction house from the Shrine of Seven Stars and Shrine of Two Moons respectively.
- Stone Trogg Berserker now drops trivial items and can no longer be pickpocketed.
- Stone Trogg Geomancer now drops trivial items and can no longer be pickpocketed.
- Brawler's Guild
Fixed an issue where Mingus Diggs was not resetting properly between fights.
Battle PetsBattle Pet Abilities
- A new pet battle tournament is available on the Timeless Isle, more details coming soon!
- Round timers in PvP Pet Battles will now get progressively shorter for a player who takes more than 15 seconds to issue a command during their turn.
- Players are now able to trade in any 3 of the same family specific Flawless Battle-Stones for a single Marked Flawless Battle-Stone.
- Viewable pet battles will now display working health bars.
- Battle Pet levels are now only shown on the map if you are tracking Battle Pets.
- Aquatic type's passive effect now reduces damage from damage-over-time effects by 50%, up from 25%.
- Critter type's passive effect now makes critters immune to roots, stuns, and sleep effects.
- Dragonkin type's passive effect now activates after an attack brings a target's to below 50% health, up from 25%.
- Elemental type's passive effect now only affects negative direct effects of weather. (E.g. Sandstorm's accuracy reduction won't be applied, but the damage reduction will.)
- Magic type's passive effect now caps damage taken at 35% of maximum health, up from 40%.
- Battle Pet Training cost and the price of pets sold by Battle Pet Trainers have been greatly reduced.
- Battle Pet abilities with a component that increases in damage every time it hits will no longer reset when an opponent's pet gets swapped. (Arcane Blast, Frog Kiss, etc.)
- Accuracy now affects the entire team.
- Call Lightning's duration has been reduced to 5 rounds (down from 9 rounds), and cooldown has been increased to 5 rounds (up from 3 rounds).
- Dark Simulacrum has been replaced with a new ability, Rot. Rot deals Undead damage and temporarily turns the enemy pet's type into Undead.
- Death Grip cooldown increased to 4 rounds (up from 3 rounds), damage has been reduced by 50%, and hit chance has been reduced to match similar abilities.
- Nether Gate damage has been reduced by 33%.
- Sandstorm's duration has been reduced to 5 rounds (down from 9 rounds), and cooldown has been increased to 5 rounds (up from 3 rounds).
- Sweep damage has been reduced by 33%.
- Trihorn Charge damage has been reduced by 11.5% and now has a 1-round cooldown.
- Trihorn Shield now displays the correct amount of damage reduction.
Raids, Dungeons, and ScenariosRaidsDungeons
- Players who obtain a realm-best time in a Challenge Mode dungeon (group must contain at least 3 people from the same realm to qualify) will receive a temporary title specific to each dungeon (e.g. Siegebreaker for Siege of Niuzao Temple, Darkmaster for Scholomance, etc.). This title will persist for as long as a player retains the top time on the realm. Holding a realm-best time at any point will also confer a permanent Feat of Strength to record the accomplishment.
- Heroic Scenarios no longer have a minimum item level requirement to enter.
- Base Resilience now reduces damage players deal to others players by 72% (up from 65%).
- Battle Fatigue now reduces healing for players that are engaged in PvP combat by 55% (up from 45%).
- Season 14 Grievous gear is now available.
- Elite versions of Season 14 Grievous are now available as a mark of prestige for players that are able to attain a personal rating of 2000 and earn 27,000 Conquest Points in the current season. Pricing per piece remains the same but the previous piece requirement has been removed.
- Season 13 Tyrannical gear can now be purchased with Honor Points.
- Season 12 Malevolent gear can now be crafted.
- Equipping any pair of PvP trinkets from Season 12 or later will now grant a 10% reduction in damage taken from other players.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- All non-gladiator gear in Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas will be scaled down to an item level ceiling of 496.
Grievous Gladiator gear is exempt from this item level ceiling.
- The item level ceiling will increase at a rate of 1 item level point per week until it reaches a maximum of 512.
Strand of the Ancients
- Conquest Points rewards for winning a random or call-to-arms Battleground match has been increased.
First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
- Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
- Bombs are no longer an item held in the player's inventory and will now do considerably more damage, 4500 (up from 1250).
- Players carrying a bomb now have a button that allows them to place it with a spell effect over their heads.
Placing a bomb takes 2 seconds, and can be interrupted like a Battleground capture point.
- Disarming a bomb takes 2 seconds, and can be interrupted like a Battleground capture point.
Demolishers will no longer have the Ram ability and only one will spawn at each stage.
- For Arena matches lasting longer than 15 minutes, one of the teams will receive a buff called The Crowd Chose You!!! that increases damage, critical strike chance, stealth detection, and reduces damage taken. The buff is awarded based on the following criteria.
Team with the largest number of players alive.
- Team that brought an enemy player closest to death (lowest health).
Arena Rating scaling in the 2v2 bracket has been tuned to be consistent with the 3v3 bracket.
- A number of new cooking recipes have been added, including new foods that give +300 to a primary stat and noodle carts. Some of these new recipes can be learned from drops in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, others from quests.
- Players who have learned the first recipe in each of “the ways” can discover a questline that starts on the Timeless Isle: Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten. Heroes will search for a long-lost pandaren recipe allowing them to build and run their own noodle cart. The all-new questline will revisit some old zones and dungeons, culminating in a solo scenario with a unique time-management mini-game.
- The noodle cart allows a player to set themselves up as a vendor and distribute powerful noodle soups to their faction.
- Many new glyph techniques have been added, and some existing glyphs have been changed. Some of the new techniques can be obtained from creatures anywhere in Pandaria, while others can only be found on powerful creatures that reside on the Timeless Isle.
- A new technique to create Crafted Malevolent Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity can be found as a world drop.
- All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. This means all enchantments can now be applied to heirloom items.
High level enhancements applied to items equipped by low level players have their power scaled down to be similar to enhancements intended for that level range.
- Low level enhancements applied to items equipped by high level players do not grow further in power beyond their intended level range.
Adjustments have been made to Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters.
- Epic quality (purple) Valor Points items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Points cost reduced by 34%.
- Epic quality (purple) Valor Points items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost Justice Points instead of Valor.
- Rare quality (blue) items have their Justice Points cost reduced by 75%.
- No changes for items that require an Exalted reputation.
Drinking a duplicate flask with less than 15 minutes remaining will now extend the duration of the new flask by that amount.
The conversion rate for Justice Points
to Honor Points
have changed. The conversion rate is now 500 Justice Points
per 250 Honor Points
(up from 375 Justice per 250 Honor).
Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances for those effects have been adjusted to compensate will now be displayed on their tooltip. Capacitive Primal Diamond
, and Legendary melee cloaks (Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
and Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen
) now have a 40% reduced chance to activate its effects for characters that are in a tanking specialization. Indomitable Primal Diamond
's effect now grants a 20% damage reduction to all damage taken (up from only physical damage), and its activation rate has been doubled.
- The vestigial Use Hardware sound option has been removed.