- We like our recent change to a lower cooldown on Avenging Wrath
for Retribution in PvP. We like it so much that we want to make it a baseline change for Retribution and not a set bonus, since many PvE paladins are benefiting from shorter wings today, and our recent DPS testing suggests that Ret needs a DPS buff. However, this does mean changing the existing T14 4pc PvE bonus.
So the list of changes reads like this:
- Retribution has a two minute cooldown on Avenging Wrath
- We are reverting the PvP set bonus change. The Retribution set bonuses remain as they are on live. This line will no longer appear in patch notes.
- We are changing the T14 4pc PvE bonus to +10% damage on Seals and Judgment. We want you to graduate to the T15 set bonus fairly quickly and you won't be losing the shorter Avenging Wrath
- These are in addition to any previous changes, unless specifically noted.
- You can't just apply these to 5.1 numbers. You need to keep the entire suite of changes in mind. I say this because we always get a few players who only see -20% on some ability and get all "Don't nerf me, bro."
- That said, feedback on these changes is always welcome. Numbers are more persuasive than feelings. PTR logs are better than simulations, since the latter are very dependent on the talent and time of the person doing the simming.Death Knight
- Might of the Frozen Wastes
to 20% melee damage, up from 10%.
increases attack speed by 30%, up from 20%.
- Blood Plague
and Frost Fever
- Howling Blast
damage to primary target +23%. Damage to secondary targets remains unchanged. Note: the tooltip for secondary damage says 0.5 but it has been 0.8 for some time.
- Scourge Strike
- Retribution damage was too low, but as I mentioned above, we buffed it through more frequent use of Avenging Wrath
increases damage by 25%, up from 20%.
- We have heard some concerns that Atonement
damage is higher than intended, so we are checking that out, but no changes to announce yet.Shaman
damage by 70%, up from 50%.
now increases spell damage by 15%, up from 10%.Hunter
- Aimed Shot
- Chimaera Shot
- Steady Shot
- Hearing lots of concerns about
in PvP, so we may need a PvP-specific tweak there.Druid
- Reduced damage of Bloodthirst
and Raging Blow
- Yes this is a nerf in a sea of buffs, but the
and Arms Deep Wounds
changes ended up being too much of a buff.Warlock
- Hand of Gul'dan
, Shadow Bolt
and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
- Soul Fire