GainsAfter killing this NPC you will gain:
- 25-player Raid Finder
Tooltips and dungeon journal reflect ability values for one encounter version. Please refer to "Effect" section on spell pages to see values for all raid sizes and difficulties.
Ji-Kun's young are located throughout the roost and progress through different stages of life. After a period of incubation Young Eggs of Ji-Kun will hatch into Hatchlings. When fed by Ji-Kun, the Hatchlings then mature into Fledglings. Both Fledgling Eggs and Mature Eggs will hatch into Juveniles.
- Young Egg of Ji-Kun – Eggs in the lower nests located around Ji-Kun's roost will periodically hatch. Once the egg hatches, a Hatchling will emerge.
- Hatchlings – Hatchlings will call for Ji-Kun to feed them shortly after spawning. If a Hatchling senses food nearby, it will attempt to feed. If a Hatchling successfully feeds, it will mature into a Fledgling.
- Cheep – The Hatchling yells with all their might at their current target, inflicting 5400 to 6601 Physical damage.
- Mature Egg of Ji-Kun – Mature Eggs of Ji-Kun take longer to incubate and spawn a Juvenile when the incubation process is complete.
- Nest Guardians – On Heroic difficulty, some of Ji-Kun's nest are defended by Nest Guardians, which will attack any players attempting to disturb their nest.
- Talon Strike – The Nest Guardian strikes with both its talons, inflicting Physical damage to all enemies in a 180 degree arc.
- Screech – If not actively engaged in melee combat Nest Guardians will Screech, inflicting 16200 to 19801 Physical damage and interrupting the current spellcast of all players. Mana-using players will have their casting speed reduced by 30% until they successfully cast their next spell.
- Infected Talons – Whenever Ji-Kun successfully strikes a player with a melee ability the victim suffers 3600 Nature damage every 3 seconds for 10 sec. This effect stacks.
- Feed Young – Ji-Kun spits up globs of food for her young. If a Hatchling has called out for food, Ji-Kun will aim this ability in their direction; otherwise the food will land at random locations around Ji-Kun's platform. When the food lands on the ground, it forms a Feed Pool.
While a glob of food is traveling through the air, players with Flight can intercept it to prevent a Feed Pool from forming. Doing so afflicts the player with Slimed, but also grants Primal Nutriment.
- Slimed – After intercepting Ji-Kun's food globules the player suffers 6000 Nature damage every 5 seconds for 15 sec. This effect increases the damage of the next Slimed by 10% when it expires. The increased damage effect stacks.
- Feed Pool – Feed Pools that form on the main platform will inflict 12000 Nature damage to all players within them each second. If a player stands in a Feed Pool for 3 seconds they will absorb the Feed Pool and become Slimed.
- Primal Nutriment – Successfully catching one of Ji-Kun's food globules mid-air increases the player's damage by 100% and healing by 30% for 30 sec. Primal Nutriment increases damage and healing by an additional 10% each time it is applied, up to a maximum of 200%.
- Talon Rake – Ji-Kun uses her talons to pierce through the armor of her current target. Talon Rake inflicts 175% weapon damage as Physical damage and increases the damage received by the victim from future Talon Rakes by 50% for 1 min.
- Quills – Ji-Kun sends her quills about the entire roost, inflicting 7605 to 7995 Physical damage to all players every 1 sec for 8 sec.
- Down Draft – Ji-Kun flaps her wings violently, pushing all enemies on her platform outward. Down Draft persists for 8 sec.
- Caw – Ji-Kun cries out at 1 random player, sending piercing sound waves at their location. When the waves reach their destination they inflict 32400 to 39600 Physical damage to all targets within 8 yards of the impact.
- Caw – Ji-Kun cries out at 3 random players, sending piercing sound waves at their locations. When the waves reach their destination they inflict 32400 to 39600 Physical damage to all targets within 8 yards of the impact.
- Daedalian Wings – When an egg or hatchling from the lower nests located around Ji-Kun's roost is slain it leaves behind a feather for players to loot. This feather grants the player Daedalian Wings. Daedalian Wings grants the player an extra action button that allows players to take flight for 10 sec.
In Normal difficulty, feathers grant 4 charges of Daedalian Wings. Players can have up to 4 charges at any time.
In Heroic difficulty, feathers grant 3 charges of Daedalian Wings. Players can have up to 3 charges at any time.
- Flight – Players who have the Daedalian Wings buff can take flight for 10 sec.
In the Normal and Heroic versions of the Ji-Kun encounter, using Flight consumes one charge of Daedalian Wings.
- Lesson of Icarus – After acquiring a feather, players must wait to acquire another.
In Normal and Heroic difficulties, players cannot gain further charges of Daedalian Wings for 1 min.
In Raid Finder difficulty, players can pick up (and only need) one Feather of Ji-Kun.
- In-game screenshots are preferred over model-viewer-generated ones.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Be sure to read the tips & tricks if you haven't before.
It serves 2 main purposes:
- It maintains a WoW addon called the Wowhead Looter, which collects data as you play the game!
- It uploads the collected data to Wowhead in order to keep the database up-to-date!
So, what are you waiting for? Download the client and get started.