Welcome to the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta!The team has been working hard to get Northrend ready for you to jump in and begin your adventures, and we’re excited to have you join us! Over the coming weeks we will post notes and updates in this forum with each new update to the Beta.
Beta Test Release Build 44930Testing Updates
August 3, 2022
- Talent Preview Mode is now active. It can be turned on in the Game Menu → Interface → Features menu.
- The Eye of Acherus, Mind Control, and similar possession interactions now use the proper action bar.
- Northrend story capper quests now have items/Emblems of Heroism to reward players for completing storylines in each zone.
- This build includes functionality for Battleground, PvP, Raid, and Dungeon weekly/daily quests, available from Archmage NPCs in Dalaran.
- This build includes functionality for random Battleground rewards with daily wins. Please note: these are not final reward values.
- Level 60 Onyxia should be available once again.
- Alterac Valley NPCs should now be the correct levels for all brackets. Also resolved some issues where Drek’thar and Vanndar could sometimes fail to spawn.
- Gathering profession nodes should no longer be able to fail.
- Spell and melee haste ratings are now providing the full intended benefits.
- Items with Mana Regeneration now correctly applying the proper amount of regen as intended.
- The tank icon on the LFG tool is no longer distorted.
- The LFG tool now has options to list world PvP activities.
- Fixed an issue preventing all dungeon portals from being accessed in Eastern Kingdoms.
- Fixed a LUA error when attempting to copy a character to the Beta realms.
- Players should no longer need an additional 1% Hit above the intended 8% to hit-cap against Raid-level enemies.
- Creatures now begin landing Crushing Blows at +20 weapon skill above player defense skill, as intended.
Shadowmeld now properly drops combat.
- Death Knight
Raise Ally now works properly.
- Ammo is no longer consumed when using Arcane Shot and Explosive Shot while Lock and Load is active.
- Spore Cloud from Sporebats no longer stacks with other armor debuffing abilities like Faerie Fire.
- Volley now correctly ticks a full 6 times when used near maximum range, as intended.
- Paladins can no longer incorrectly cast certain abilities while Forbearance is active.
- Sacred Cleansing gives the proper spell resistance bonus.
- Characters are no longer knocked out of stealth when healed by Healing Stream Totem
- Demon Armor and Fel Armor will no longer provide extra bonuses from the talent, Demonic Aegis, when the player changes specializations or activates dual specialization.
- Summoning a Felguard will no longer generate an error message.
Dungeons and Raids
- Taste for Blood will now properly allow the usage of Overpower.
- Critical Block correctly gives the chance to critically block.
- In the Culling of Stratholme, it is no longer possible to kill Mal’Ganis at the start of the instance, which would prevent players from completing the dungeon.
Fixed an issue where the doors to the Four Horsemen encounter would sometimes not open after a group wipes.
- Extra enemies should no longer attack alongside Instructor Razuvious when engaging him in combat.
- Fixed an issue with Heigan The Unclean where his slime waves would not properly spawn during the dance.
- Sapphiron’s Frost Aura should no longer affect players in Iceblock.
- Engineering Enchants now properly override one another.
- Glyphs can now be linked inside of chat channels.