As you progress through your Covenant’s story, you’ll build Renown and increase the amount of trust your character has earned within the Covenant. Renown is earned by performing worthy actions through the Covenant Campaign, returning Anima to the Sanctum, and by rescuing souls from the Maw.
Increasing your Renown will grant specific rewards at each Renown Level, including:
- Unlocking a new row of power for a Soulbind character.
- Increasing the item level of items you receive from World Quests.
- Increasing the maximum potential level of the features within your Sanctum.
- Earning legendary recipes for the runecrafter in Torghast.
- Earning unique Covenant-themed cosmetic items such as mounts, pets, a title, back attachment transmog, and transmog armor.
Each week, you will pick up two quests in your Sanctum. Each of these quests will award you a Renown level.
- The first quests ask that you deposit a certain of Anima into your reservoir in your Sanctum.
- The second weekly quests send you to the Maw to recover souls from the clutches of the Jailer.
Completing each chapter of your Covenant Campaign will also provide an additional Renown Level, so these will be quests that you want to focus on.
Note: If you fall behind or are leveling an alternate character, you’ll be able to earn additional Renown from endgame activities such as dungeons, raids, PvP, and Callings until you’ve reached the current maximum.