Random Dungeon Finder
The first iteration of the Wrath Classic random dungeon finder is now available for testing.You’ll see options to queue for individual dungeons as well as Normal Dungeons, Heroics, Defense Protocol Alpha, Defense Protocol Beta, and Defense Protocol Gamma. Please use the random dungeon finder to queue for Defense Protocol Gamma dungeons and let us know what you think.
- For this test environment only, the item-level requirement for using RDF to group for Titan Rune Gamma dungeons is 200. This is intended to streamline testing in an environment with template characters and upgrade vendors available.
This feature is still under development, and there are a few known issues and incomplete functions.Known Issues
- The premade group finder portion of the tool is not yet implemented and is missing from the interface. We intend to add that in a future PTR update.
- The rewards for daily dungeon completion are not yet finalized. Currently all of these activities award 2 Emblems of Triumph and gold.
- When queuing for a Defense Protocol Alpha, Beta, or Gamma, you still must sometimes click the Mysterious Device object to activate Alpha, Beta, or Gamma protocol. In the final release we intend for the desired additional difficulty to be automatically active upon porting into the instance.
- Group chat inside of groups formed via RDF is using Battleground chat instead of Instance or Party chat. At this time, you’ll need to type /bg to speak with your group.
- When the dungeon queue pops and the pre-dungeon ready check appears, the “ready” check marks do not fill in for each group member as they accept the queue. This is a visual bug that will be resolved in a future PTR update.
- There is currently a 15 minute timer for requeuing after doing a Random Dungeon.
We encourage you to please utilize the bug reporter for any other issues you find with Random Dungeon Finder.
Titan Rune Dungeons: Defense Protocol Gamma
The new Defense Protocol Gamma mode is now available for testing. You can find this via random dungeon finder or by manually travelling to dungeons and activating the mysterious device inside and selecting “Defense Protocol Gamma”. For this iteration of Titan Rune Dungeons, creatures inside dungeons deal increased damage and have increased health, and there is a single unified mechanic across all Wrath Classic dungeon “families” to compliment the additional mechanics from Defense Protocol Beta, which are still present. Upon entering a dungeon with Defense Protocol Gamma active, an agent of the Argent Tournament specific to your faction will be present and offer each player a selection of additional beneficial buffs to assist them in the dungeon. Please experiment with these powerful abilities and let us know what you think!Rewards
- Every boss in Defense Protocol Gamma dungeons will drop a Defiler’s Scourgestone currency. This currency may be used to purchase item level 245 Trial of the Crusader 25-player raid rewards from either Korralin Hoperender in the alliance area of Dalaran or Kolara Dreamsmasher in the Horde area.
Developers’ notes: This is a continuation of the Sidereal Essence model we introduced with Defense Protocol Beta and we felt it would be better to award one of these from each boss rather than a single currency from the final boss to encourage players to clear more of the dungeon and not skip as many bosses. Boss skips can cause a lot of friction in groups, particularly in Random Dungeon Finder groups. The Ulduar drops in Defense Protocol Beta are still in place in Gamma, and other than this new currency no additional rewards have been added.
You can expect to be able to earn 5 Emblems of Frost per day doing Defense Protocol Gamma dungeons in the final release, however, this is still a work in progress and Emblems of Frost are not yet awarded for Heroics or Titan Rune Dungeons. We intend to have this updated in our next PTR build.
Please note that these rewards and values may not be final.Defense Protocol Alpha Adjustments
We’ve made an adjustment to reduce the total health of creatures in Defense Protocol Alpha by approximately 25% across the board. Additionally, creatures in Halls of Lightning and Halls of Stone now also deal less damage.
Additional Known Issues
- Achievements related to Defense Protocol Gamma are not yet implemented.
- The Emblem of Frost rewards for daily completion of a Titan Rune Dungeon are also not yet fully implemented. You will be able to earn up to 5 Emblems of Frost a day for completing a Titan Rune Dungeon similar to how it works now in the Call of the Crusade update with Triumph Emblems.
- There is an issue in Utgarde Keep that can sometimes cause players to become permanently stuck in combat.
- The Macro interface is currently broken and has many visual and functional issues in addition to causing interface errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.