BlizzardUpdated January 31, 2016
Patch 7.2 is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms (PTR). Participating on the Public Test Realms allows you to test a patch before it is released on live realms. Once you've had a chance to try things out, visit our PTR Discussion 7.2 forum to discuss the patch. To report issues or errors, use the in-game Submit Bug feature (found under Game Menu -> Help -> Submit Bug) or by visiting the PTR Bug Report 7.2 forum .
New FeaturesDemon Assaults
- More features are coming! New information for 7.2 features that are still in-development will be added soon.
- Please keep in mind that the notes below are not final, and details may be subject to change before the release of Patch 7.2.
- Not all content listed in the PTR Patch Notes may be available for testing. Content may have a limited test window.
The Burning Legion is assaulting Azeroth with renewed determination. Look for Broken Isles zones to come under attack, fight to drive the Legion back, and defend the lands of your new allies.The Broken Shore
Return to the front lines of the Burning Legion’s invasion in this new Scenario. Complete it to unlock a new questing hub with World Quests that make up a new Emissary and faction: Legionfall.Join in a new region-wide, cross-faction effort to construct buildings to fight against the Legion’s stronghold.Class Campaigns
Every class continues its campaign to unify in the war effort. Your Class Hall is the base from which you will embark on a new quest chain, find a new potential Follower, and discover new class-specific World Quests.Pet Battle Dungeon
Something nefarious is going on in the world of pet battles, and it’s up to you to look into it. If you have at least one level 25 battle pet, speak to Breanni in Dalaran to get directions to this new scenario.PvP Brawls
A series of new twists on popular player-versus-player activities are on the way. Starting with “Southshore vs. Tarren Mill” and “Gravity Lapse”, PvP Brawls offer a variety of mode, rules, and scenic changes to the usual Battleground gameplay. Look for the Brawl
option in the Group Finder (default hotkey: i) Player vs. Player tab, under the Casual
selection.Updated FeaturesTransmogrification Sets
A new ‘Sets’ tab in the Appearances UI is where you’ll find this new way of tracking item sets from previous Raids, PvP Seasons, and more.Class Combat Updates
The launch of Legion included many updates to class animations, sounds, and spell effects. These will continue in Patch 7.2 with updates to Hunters, Death Knights, and Balance Druids. More are on the way!Legion Reputation Updates
Reputation earned beyond Exalted will now contribute towards earning additional rewards from Broken Isles faction emissaries.New World Quests
In addition to the new Legionfall and class-specific World Quests, a number of new and interesting World Quests are now offered by NPCs across the Broken Isles.Tab Targeting
In Patch 7.2, tab targeting should feel more natural. While in combat, you will no longer be able to accidentally tab to a target that is out of combat with you. Furthermore, you’re no longer able to tab to a target that neither your character nor your camera can see. This is very much a work-in-progress, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.Professions
- The Obliterum Forge should now always be available to players, and requires no questline.
- All item level 815 crafted end-game gear will now be crafted at item level 835.
- All existing items between item levels 815-830 will retain their existing item level. The first application of Obliterum will bring them up to 840, and the Obliterum cap has been increased to iLvl 875.
- Some World Quests that are related to Professions now reward 1 skill point in their associated Profession.
You can now get Artifact Power from Archaeology.
- New Elite digsites have been discovered in the Broken Isles.
- All enemies summoned by Archaeology can now be killed by multiple nearby players.
- Nomi now provides Prepared Ingredients as part of his work orders, which can be combined to create up to 10 servings of a random recipe known by the player.
- You can now assign a specialization to an equipment set in the Equipment Manager.
- An “Open All” button has been added to the mailbox.
- You can now preview an ensemble set by CTRL-clicking it.
Spells that haven’t been moved to an action bar are highlighted in the spellbook.
- Mousing over a spell highlights it on your action bar, making it easier to locate.
- Pet spells can now be dragged onto the player action bar.
ChangesDungeons and Raids
- Auto Accept: A setting has been added to allow friends and guild members to instantly join your queues without a confirmation. This setting is located in Interface Options -> Social.
- Group tooltips now show the available roles and if auto accept is enabled.
- Right click a Quick Join group to whisper a member of that group.
- Enemies’ damage and health have been increased for all Heroic and Mythic dungeons, and the item levels of gear found in Legion Dungeons has been increased.
- All Random Heroic dungeons now requires 825 item level to queue.
- Lower Karazhan and Upper Karazhan have been added to the Random Legion Heroic list in Dungeon Finder.
- The Arcway and Court of Stars have been added to the Random Legion Heroic list in Dungeon Finder.
- Set tokens for all raids from Serpentshrine to Siege of Orgrimmar have been updated to provide loot for your spec on right-click, in the same manner as newer raid set tokens. The vendor functionality of these items has not been changed.
Player versus Player
Charge (and Intercept) now deals damage on arrival, and its snare begins after you hit your target.
- The honor requirements for leveling through the honor system have been reduced.
The amount of honor required to advance from 1 to 50 at Prestige 0 has been reduced by 50%.
- Broken Isles World Quest rewards now scale to item level 860 (was item level 845).
We’ll outline many more changes and additions to the World of Warcraft Patch 7.2 PTR in the coming weeks.