Blizzcon 2017 World of Warcraft - Blizzard Gameplay and System Panel
03.11.2017 um 17:56
At BlizzCon 2017, World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth was announced and Blizzard is hosting a gameplay and systems panel to give a more in-depth look at Azerite, island expeditions, warfronts, social features and the Heart of Azeroth. On stage is Matt Hoss, Jeremy Feasel and Russ Peterson.
Watching the convention from home? Check out
to discuss BlizzCon and get the
for all BlizzCon 2017 news alerts!
BlizzCon 2017 Coverage
This Article is part of our
BlizzCon 2017 Coverage
If you are interested in knowing more about Battle for Azeroth Panels, check one of the articles below
World of Warcraft What's Next Panel
World of Warcraft Q&A
You can also see our full coverage in our
Azerite and Island Expeditions
- Azerite is hemorrhaging from all the battles over time. It is incredibly powerful and crystallizes over time.
- It has the power to be incredibly destructive.
- The Gnomes and Goblins have developed technology to identify which islands are filled with Azerite.
- Because you befriended the Kul Tirans / Zandarali, you use their ships to go to the islands and have to fight its denizens in order to acquire their Azerite.
- Island Expeditions are 3-player scenarios and are role agnostic -- you are able to queue with 3 tanks if you want to
- Only takes 15-20 minutes
- You can find Azerite in nodes and chests, creatures and questgivers and bosses
- Island expeditions are intended for dynamic replayability
- You can find shrines on the island which come with a buff, but also with a negative effect which cannot be removed until the buff expires.
- The same island can have two completely different experiences due to rare spawns, creature types and time of day!
- Island Expeditions are randomly generated and can differ in these ways: Creatures, capture points, chests and Azerite nodes, quest givers, consumables and shrines, start location, caves, ships and more!
- You're also racing against three AI faction champions from the other faction!
- Creatures AI is generally well known. Melee mobs will generally walk to you and punch. If you walk too far, it'll go back to it's spawn.
- They're trying to beat the players at their own game.
- The AI will try to have tactical ability usage. It may try to Polymorph or Sap your healer.
- The AI will have a good sense of map objectives; where are the big bosses? Where are the Azerite nodes?
- The AI will have a greater sense of strategy; it may polymorph you and then just walk away as it has better things to do.
- AI will likely have personalities such as a rogue named "Sneaky Pete" that notices that you pulled too much, Sap your healer and then burst you down.
- They want to have a wide variety of islands.
- One of the maps have two parts and halfway through the map the second portion will open.
- Un'gol Ruins is the first map and is in a dense forest filled with stone ruins and jungles.
- Havenswood is the second map and takes place in an old fashioned town.
- There will be four difficulty levels to play Island Expeditions: Normal, Heroic, Mythic and PvP.
The Heart of Azeroth
- You'll carry this around throughout the expansion.
- When the Heart of Azeroth gets close to Azerite, it will level up and gains power to awaken latent powers in other things.
- When you open an item, you can see that there are four rings with some possible powers to unlock through the Heart of Azeroth.
- The Heart of Azeroth is the source of the Power, not the piece of gear. When acquiring a new piece, you won't have any setback.
- Each item has it's own specific layout, there is no RNG. You'll be able to see it in the Dungeon Journal but a higher item level piece will have stronger traits.
- As an example, a character has level 20 heart of Azeroth.
- Hypothetically, level 20 is enough to choose the first two rings. But player needs 21 for the third ring.
- In a dungeon it levels up to level 21 (there's nothing to click!), a player can immediately choose a trait in the third ring.
- The traits are intended to be competitive against another. They don't want to put lightning bolt damage against fishing skill.
- For example, Ghost Wolf could be put against Astral Shift for shaman. Defensive traits will likely be matched with Defensive traits and offensive traits will be matched with offensive traits.
- These is a 20 player cooperative mode that occurs on the home front
- It's an all out war; Horde vs. Alliance, Human vs. Orc, Red vs. Blue
- The Alliance have control of the Eastern Kingdoms
- Undercity lies in ruins
- The fight will continue in the Arathi Highlands
- The first Warfront will be
- The first thing you're going to do it establish a base
- After that, you have to gather resources and take territories
- Then you can build your base - You can build an armory, a barracks and more! They want to keep the tech tree as similar to the original Warcraft III tech tree.
- Players will collect their own resources and can deposit it in the building they wish to build. When the building has enough resources, it will automatically be built by Peons.
- You then have to create an army and you need to lead that army into battle to take down the opposing Commander.
- You'll need to both attack and defend in order to win.
- Different Commanders may have different upgraded troops: A dwarven commander may have upgraded Rifleman, but a human commander may have upgraded Knights.
- There's also random events like a Goblin merchant who may offer to pay some materials.
- Battle.net voice is being integrated into the game
- This is the same voice chat that Overwatch uses
- It uses party and raid UI and works across game sessions
- You will be able to join multiple communities in addition to your current guild.
- It has a roster of members, simple role management, quick join, voice integration and text chat history.
- Auto-maintained calendar invites are also coming
- Guilds will also be getting text chat history, voice integration and auto-maintained calendar invites.
Wowhead Premium bekommen
2$ pro Monat
könnt ihr eine werbefreie Seite genießen, Premium-Features freischalten und die Seite unterstützen!
Zeige 0 Kommentare
Verstecke 0 Kommentare
Anmelden um Kommentar zu erstellen
Schreibe einen Kommentar
Ihr seid nicht angemeldet. Bitte
meldet Euch an
, um einen Kommentar einzusenden.