The TBC pre-patch also implements changes to normal and epic ground mounts, which make them easier to acquire when leveling up new characters. The normal (blue) 60% mount can now be purchased at level 30 rather than level 40. This greatly accelerates the leveling process from 30-40, which was a historically difficult leveling range for new players.
In addition, combined riding skill + mount costs are going down. The amounts listed below are for players who have achieved Friendly reputation with the appropriate faction; you can further reduce prices at higher reputation levels.
|Expansion||Riding Skill||Normal Mount||Riding Skill||Swift Mount|
|Classic|| (Lvl 40)||-|
|BCC Pre-Patch|| (Lvl 30)|
In addition to introducing the new 血精灵
races, the TBC pre-patch implements a number of changes to racial abilities for the existing vanilla races:
- The 人类 锤专精 and 剑专精 racials are changed from weapon skill bonuses to Expertise bonuses.
- The 人类 人类精魂 racial is buffed from a 5% to a 10% Spirit increase.
- The 矮人 枪械专精 racial is changed from a weapon skill bonus to a critical strike bonus.
- The 侏儒 逃命专家 racial is now instant cast, but has a longer cooldown.
- The 兽人 斧专精 racial is changed from a weapon skill bonus to an Expertise bonus.
- The 兽人 坚韧 racial is nerfed from 25% to 15% stun resistance.
- The 兽人 血性狂暴 racial from vanilla is split into three separate spells for physical DPS classes, Warlocks, and Shamans.
- The 巨魔 弓专精 and 投掷专精 racials are changed from weapon skill bonuses to critical strike bonuses.
Raid Composition Changes - New Buffs and Debuffs
Due to talent and mechanical changes in the pre-patch, hybrid DPS specs receive a massive boost in viability, and it will be optimal to at least bring one of each in a balanced raid. This does not come from the raw DPS of these specs, which remains very sub-par relative to "pure" DPS classes, but from highly impactful party buffs and raid debuffs provided by each class. An optimized 纳克萨玛斯
raid group will bring at least one of each of these utility specs, among others:
These specs were never brought to competitive raids in Classic due to their very low personal DPS, but the insane utility provided by their new buffs and debuffs makes these specs essential in a high performance pre-patch raid group.