HotfixesNOVEMBER 28, 2022Achievements
- Evokers are now included in the achievement That Takes Class.
- Death Knight
Fixed an issue with Insidious Chill not properly slowing auto-attack speed.
Fixed an issue with Unholy Aura rank 2 not correctly increasing the damage of your summons by the intended amount.
Burning Wound’s Immolation Aura damage bonus reduced to 40% (was 50%).
- Know Your Enemy critical damage bonus reduced to 40/80% of your critical strike chance (was 50/100%).
- Any Means Necessary damage bonus for affected skills reduced to 80% of your Mastery: Demonic Presence bonus (was 100%).
- Fixed an issue that prevented Charred Flesh from benefitting from its second rank.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the global cooldown incurred by Soul Carver from being correctly modified by Haste.
Fixed an issue that caused Lifebloom’s bloom to not be increased by Mastery while talented into Budding Leaves.
Fixed an issue that caused Disintegrate to not fully benefit from Iridescence: Blue if two Disintegrate casts were chained together.
- Fixed an issue where Burnout could trigger more often than intended with certain talent combinations.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ignite to spread to targets under the effects of crowd control.
- Windwalking, Close to Heart, and Generous Pour should no longer fail to reapply in certain very uncommon circumstances.
- Of Dusk and Dawn has been adjusted:
Blessing of Dawn now increases damage and healing by 5% (was 6%) and duration increased to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Blessing of Dusk duration increased to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Seal of Order now increases the healing and damage of your Holy Power spending abilities by 8% during Blessing of Dawn (was 10%).
- Word of Glory healing increased by 40%.
- Light of the Titans healing increased by 40%.
- Fixed an issue causing Moment of Glory to only trigger from auto-attacks.
- Fixed an issue where Blessed Hammer’s damage reduction was not applying correctly.
- Fixed an issue causing Grand Crusader to trigger at a rate higher than intended.
- Fixed an issue with Righteous Protector’s interaction with free casts from Divine Purpose, Shining Light, and Bastion of Light.
- Fixed an issue causing spenders cast with Bastion of Light to consume Divine Purpose triggers.
- Fixed an issue causing Words of Glory cast with Shining Light to not consume Bastion of Light stacks.
Fixed an issue causing queued spells to not increase the damage of spells when buffed by Twilight Equilibrium.
- Fixed an issue causing Power of the Dark Side procs to grant a Holy damage buff instead of a Shadow damage buff when casting Penance with Twilight Equilibrium talented.
- Fixed an issue causing Divine Aegis to consume damage buffs from Twilight Equilibrium.
- Fixed an issue causing a queued Penance to not grant Harsh Discipline following a Smite cast that would normally have granted the buff.
- The duration of the Harsh Discipline buff effect has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
Fixed an issue that prevented Envenom from consuming Amplifying Poison if it had exactly 10 stacks.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Rupture’s duration from benefiting from Animacharged combo points (via Echoing Reprimand) when casting Rupture on an enemy afflicted by Deathmark.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Deathmark’s effect from being displayed on enemy nameplates.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some weapon poisons from being applied at a guaranteed rate by Poisoned Knife.
- Fixed an issue with the tooltip of Restless Blades which incorrectly had Sepsis listed as an affected ability.
- Dispatch damage reduced by 5%.
- Dreadblades duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds) and Energy cost reduced to 40 (was 50).
- Fixed an issue that prevented Silent Storm’s buff from being consumed by Shuriken Storm when cast via Shuriken Tornado.
- Fixed an issue where Shadow Dance’s recast cooldown was always 8 seconds, regardless of its duration. Recast cooldown now correctly matches duration.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Shadow damage dealt by Secret Technique’s Shadow Clones from being correctly modified by talents that increase Shadow damage.
- Fixed an issue where Inquisitor’s Gaze would not attack dummies.
Fixed an issue where Grimoire: Felguard would not correctly apply 5 applications of Fel Sunder.
Seasoned Soldier now also grants 10% reduced damage to area effect damage.
- Battlelord now also increases the damage of Overpower by 25% at all times.
- Martial Prowess increases the damage of Mortal Strike by 30% per stack (was 25%).
- Exhilarating Blows chance to reset Mortal Strike or Cleave increased to 20% (was 15%).
- Fatal Mark damage increased by 20%.
- Fueled by Violence now heals for 65% of the damage dealt by deep wounds (was 50%).
- Mortal Strike damage increased by 3.5%.
- Onslaught’s Rage generation reduced to 25 (was 30) but it is now again correctly affected by Recklessness causing it to generate 50 Rage while under Recklessness.
- Odyn’s Fury’s damage over time effect no longer incorrectly displays for other players on nameplates.
Player versus Player
- Fixed an issue that prevented Unnerving Focus from affecting several abilities.
- Brace for Impact’s tooltip clarified to state it increases block value rather than percentage amount blocked.
- Enduring Alacrity now correctly modifies your Armor.
- Focused Vigor now correctly modifies your Armor.
- Execute damage increased by 30%.
- Several spells that were persisting between Solo Shuffle rounds will now be cleared properly.
Recuperator effectiveness is no longer reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
- Echoing Reprimand damage is no longer reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
- Reverberation damage is no longer reduced by 33% in PvP combat.
Killing Spree damage is no longer reduced by 20% in PvP combat.
- Pistol Shot damage is no longer reduced by 16% in PvP combat.
NOVEMBER 23, 2022Achievements
- Mastery: Executioner effectiveness is no longer reduced by 20% in PvP combat.
- Fixed an issue where Alliance players attempting to complete Pilgrim’s Peril were unable to get credit for sitting in the Undercity Bountiful Table in past Tirisfal Glades.
- Demon Hunter
Fixed an issue that prevented Infernal Armor’s damage value from increasing with its second rank.
Fixed an issue where Orbital Strike and Goldrinn’s Fang would always critically strike when affected by Balance of All Things.
- Quell can no longer be used while hexed.
- Resolved an issue causing Lightning Shield, Water Shield, and Earth Shield to be removed when logging out, entering instances, or when dying.
- Lightning Shield now lasts 60 minutes (was 30 minutes).
Items and Rewards
Fixed an issue where Fel Sunder could not be applied by multiple Demonology Warlocks.
- Fixed an issue where Evokers were not eligible to roll on many legacy items.
- Adjusted the sell value of some items to better reflect their values before the recent item level adjustments.
NOVEMBER 22, 2022Classes
- Fixed an issue where Shadowlands enchants could not be applied to Enchanting vellums.
Developers’ note: This fix will temporarily prevent enchants that were available prior to Shadowlands from being applied to Enchanting vellums. This new issue will be fixed shortly after the release of Dragonflight.
Fixed an issue where Wild Mushroom’s damage would sometimes be delayed.
- Fixed an issue where Lunar Eclipse increased the damage of Wild Mushroom.
- Fixed an issue where Balance of All Things (Arcane) increased the crit of Wild Mushroom.
- Soar can no longer be cast while rooted.
Gift of the Ox healing increased by 60%.
- Celestial Brew healing increased by 40%.
- Pretense of Instability duration increased to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds) and Dodge bonus increased to 15% (was 10%).
- Discipline, Shadow
Fixed an issue causing Surge of Light to not reduce the mana cost of Flash Heal for Discipline and Shadow.
- Harsh Discipline now triggers every 8 / 4 casts of Smite (was every 10 / 5 casts).
Fixed an issue that unintentionally allowed a Rogue to consume Amplifying Poison stacks applied by another Rogue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some offensive abilities with energy costs from being correctly affected by Adrenaline Rush’s reduced global cooldown modifier. Affected abilities were: Ambush, Blade Flurry, Echoing Reprimand, Sepsis, and Shiv.
NOVEMBER 21, 2022Classes
- Resolved an issue causing Elemental Orbit to double the mana cost of Earth Shield when cast on the Shaman.
Fixed an issue causing Recall Cloudburst Totem to be immediately usable after summoning a Cloudburst Totem.
- Death Knight
Fixed an issue with Bonestorm not activating Icy Talons.
- Epidemic now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
- Bursting Sores damage is reduced by 10%.
- Fixed an issue with the Coils of Devastation not applying to enemies within Battlegrounds and Arenas.
- Immolation Aura now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
Fel Rush now deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
- Protector of the Pack talent now stores 5% of damage/healing (was 10%). The maximum stored amount increased to 160% of spell power (was 140%).
Developers’ note: Protector of the Pack was reaching its cap too quickly to be a satisfying build up. The slower build up and increased cap should result in a better pacing for this talent.
- Tear Open Wounds now deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
- Lunar Inspiration’s Moonfire damage cast in Cat Form reduced by 40%.
Developers’ note: We want to keep Lunar Inspiration’s value as a ranged DPS option and cheap combo point generator, but bring its output more in line with other talents at its location in the tree.
- After the Wildfire now heals a maximum of 5 nearby targets.
- After the Wildfire is now affected by the Astral Influence talent.
- Fixed several incorrect interactions between Berserk and Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc.
- Fixed an issue that caused Regrowth’s healing to not be increased properly by Soul of the Forest while using the Undergrowth and Rampant Growth talents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Overgrowth to not consume Soul of the Forest.
- Fixed an issue that caused Flash of Clarity to not increase the healing of Regrowth in all circumstances while using the Rampant Growth talent.
- Fixed an issue where Soar would persist after being summoned.
All damage dealt increased by 10%.
- All damage dealt increased by 5%.
- Fixed an issue where Wildfire Bomb would incorrectly generate Focus when talented into Coordinated Kill without Coordinated Assault being active.
Ignite damage reduced by 12%.
- Master of Flame now increases Ignite’s damage by 15% (was 18%).
- Frozen Orb damage reduced by 15%.
- Blizzard now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
Stormstout’s Last Keg’s bonus damage reduced to 20% (was 30%).
- Charred Passions’ bonus damage reduced to 50% (was 100%).
- Blackout Kick damage increased by 6%.
- Spinning Crane Kick damage increased by 5%.
- Rising Sun Kick damage increased by 25%.
- Tiger Palm damage increased by 30%.
- Bonedust Brew now copies 50% of damage or healing for Mistweaver Monks (was 40%).
- Awakened Faeline now causes Spinning Crane Kick to heal 3 nearby allies (was 5) for 50% of the damage done (was 25%).
- Fixed an issue that caused copied Blackout Kicks from Teachings of the Monastery to deal 20% less damage than intended.
- Resonant Fists now deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
Bulwark of Righteous Fury damage bonus reduced to 20% (was 30%).
- Judgment damage increased by 10%.
- Avenger’s Shield damage increased by 15%.
- Blessed Hammer damage increased by 10%.
- Crusader Strike damage increased by 10%.
- Hammer of the Righteous damage increased by 10%.
The mana cost of Power Word: Radiance has been reduced by 15%.
- Flash Heal healing increased by 30%.
- Mind Sear now deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
- Psychic Link now causes Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike to deal 30%/60% of their damage to all other targets affected by your Vampiric Touch within 40 yards (was 15%/30%).
Indiscriminate Carnage cooldown reduced to 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Fatal Flourish chance to restore Energy reduced to 60% (was 65%).
- Shuriken Storm damage increased by 10%.
- Shadowstrike damage increased by 10%.
- Black Powder damage increased by 5%.
- Secret Technique damage increased by 5%.
- Shadow Blades cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- Fixed an issue that prevented Secret Technique’s built-in cooldown reduction from benefitting from Echoing Reprimand’s Animacharged combo points.
All damage dealt increased by 5%.
- Fixed an issue where Demonic Circle: Summon and Teleport would continually get added to the action bar between Specialization swapping.
Malefic Affliction now causes your active Unstable Affliction to deal 8/13% additional damage (was 5/10%), up to 24/39% (was 15/30%), for the rest of its duration.
- Dread Touch now causes your target to take 30% additional damage from your damage over time effects for 6 seconds (was 20%).
- Doom Blossom damage increased by 15%.
- Dreadbite now deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
- Rain of Fire damage increased by 15%.
Executioner’s Precision now grants 35% increased damage per stack to Mortal Strike (was 30%).
- Bloodsurge now triggers 10% of the time (was 7%).
- Bladestorm damage increased to 60% (was 50%).
Dungeons and Raids
- Odyn’s Fury now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
Items and Rewards
- Enemy difficulty has been adjusted to increase relative player power in all Legion raid encounters.
- Tome of the Tranquil Mind and other similar tomes are now gray items and are no longer usable.
- Fixed an issue where Shadowlands professions could not be trained before level 48 in Timewalking Campaigns.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to fish while seated if a fishing pole is equipped.
- Fixed an issue where using Intruder Alert! during “Brought to Light” would not reveal Horde saboteurs.
NOVEMBER 18, 2022Classes
- Fixed an issue where Evokers could not gain reputation with certain legacy factions.
- Fixed an issue where Healers’ Cleanses were going on cooldown incorrectly.
Hover will no longer cancel when the Evoker is struck by crowd control effects.
Lifebind now only shares the Evoker’s healing between bonded allies, instead of sharing all healing received.
Developers’ note: We are happy with Preservation’s tuning overall but had concerns about the very high healing throughput of Lifebind when other healers were casting healing spells onto the Evoker during Lifebind.
- Beast Mastery
Corrected an issue where the Hunter’s Prey talent does not properly reset the cooldown of Kill Shot when activated.
Fixed an issue that caused Brain Freeze to not trigger from Ebonbolt if Brain Freeze was already active.
Fixed an issue causing Improved Flametongue Weapon to be removed upon death.
Fixed an issue where Malefic Affliction would not be removed at the end of combat.
Creatures and NPCs
- Fixed an issue where Demonic Cores would be granted without knowing Demonbolt.
Items and Rewards
- The Experience Eliminators now allow players up to level 59 to disable XP gains.
- The Escaped Wilderling’s great escape has come to an end, and it can correctly be recaptured again.
- Fixed an issue where the Underlight Angler fishing rod could not gain Artifact Power.
- Fixed an issue where Unstable Elemental Confluence was incorrectly dealing Holy damage instead of Nature damage.
- The Large Green Bags that Evokers start with can now be sold to vendors.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t craft legacy profession recipes that required special objects to craft them.
- The Battle for Azeroth Allied Race unlock quests are now correctly available at level 50.
- Evokers should now be able to accept the quest “From Within.”
- Fixed an issue where Evokers were not able to loot some required items for the Tarecgosa’s Rest legendary questline.
NOVEMBER 17, 2022Classes
- Dracthyr can now correctly gain reputation with the Sha’tari Skyguard and The Tillers.
Temporal Anomaly will no longer occasionally fail to apply its absorb to full health targets.
- Using Temporal Anomaly with Resonating Sphere will no longer replace a full strength Echo.
Items and Rewards
- Fixed an issue causing Rhapsody to be removed at the start of dungeon encounters.
- Fixed an issue where Evokers were unable to roll Need on certain off-hand weapons and trinkets.
- Fixed an issue where Bone Fishing Pole and Seth’s Graphite Fishing Pole incorrectly had combat stats on them.
NOVEMBER 16, 2022Achievements
- Fixed an issue where legacy quests were not correctly identifying Dracthyr.
- Fixed an issue where Evokers were not eligible to complete the Tarecgosa’s Rest questline.
- Fixed an issue where Storm Huntress Suhrakka would not appear while progressing through the Vashj’ir introduction if players had accepted the quest “Call of Duty.”
- New Dracthyr should no longer cause multiple chat messages about achievements.
Dungeons and Raids
Fixed an issue causing newly created Evokers to be unable to enter Iron Docks and Grimrail Depot dungeons.
- Fixed an issue where spells could be cast while in Soulshape.
- Resolved an issue where Evokers were unable to purchase Eternal Aspirant or Eternal Gladiator Armor pieces.
Items and Rewards
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
The dungeon should now show up in the Dungeon Finder under World Events during the pre-expansion Tempest Unleashed event even if the player is low item level.
- The drop chances for Son of Galleon’s Saddle, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, and Solar Spirehawk have been greatly increased.
- Fixed an issue that caused the creation of some bind-on-equip items to be the incorrect item level.
- Fixed an issue where Return to Karazhan Mythic+ end-of-run chests contained incorrect item level loot.
- Fixed an issue where some enemies and game objects appeared at max level for characters below level 60 in Shadowlands max level dungeons.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Fixed an issue that prevented opposite faction players from being able to earn a chance at loot for defeating Fire Revenant, Lava Elemental, Earth Revenant, Air Revenant, and Water Elemental.
- Quaking Spikes during Earth Storms will no longer hit flying players.
- Fixed an issue where the level requirements for heritage questlines were incorrectly scaled.
- Fixed an issue where users on lower graphics settings were having difficulty locating Talon Kethahn during the “Awaken, Dracthyr” quest.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the Forbidden Reach.
- Fixed an issue where the objectives of the quest “To Be Prepared” were phased out once the pre-expansion quests were completed.
- Dracthyr can now accept and complete the quest, “The Archon’s Answer.”
Player versus Player
Fixed an issue where pets were not properly benefiting from resilience.
NOVEMBER 15, 2022Items and Rewards
- The PvP rating calculation has been adjusted to provide a continuous, modest increase of MMR for the rest of the season.
Developers’ note: We’ve been monitoring players’ rating distribution, and the percentage of players who have reached the rating requirements is much lower than we want it to be.
- Fixed an issue where optional Dragonflight reagents could drop during the Uldaman Prologue.
- Fixed an issue where Aquabombs in Ice/Water Storms could instantly kill players.
- Players who have reached level 60 and have completed the Shadowlands level up campaign on a different character will be able to choose the “Threads of Fate” option, allowing them to skip the level up campaign to begin the endgame of Shadowlands.
Developers’ note: The Threads of Fate system is still no longer available for any characters who haven’t already entered it prior to the recent update.
The hotfix notes for the previous patch can be found here