The World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight
alpha test has begun! Over the course of the test, we’ll be inviting community veterans, press, fansites, and friends and family to check out the upcoming expansion and give us feedback.Players selected to participate* will receive an email invitation directing them to download the game client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Dragonflight
Alpha license attached (under Your Game Accounts).For the latest content playable in the alpha, visit this forum post
Getting StartedIf you’ve been selected to participate in the alpha test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games.
- In the Game Version drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Dragonflight Alpha (listed under In Development) option, then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, click Play and select any of the available Test Servers.
- Create a new test character (character copy is unavailable at the moment and will come in future tests)
- Enter the game and test the content.
If you have issues installing and operating the Dragonflight
alpha, please check our Common Technical Issues and Solutions to begin troubleshooting.Providing FeedbackKeep an eye on the WoW Community Council forums
to follow the discussions on the Dragonflight Alpha.*Accounts must have an active World of Warcraft subscription or game time to be eligible for alpha access selection.