– Throughout the encounter, Deathwing tries to throw players from his back when he senses that they are all standing on the same side of his spine. During a roll, Deathwing throws off all players and other creatures not attached to his back.
Elementium Reinforced Plates
The glancing strike from the Dragon Soul destroyed one of the large armor plates on Deathwing's back and loosened another three. Players must remove all of these plates to give Thrall a chance to get a clear shot.
Players expose Burning Tendons when they pry up one of Deathwing's armor plates. Destroying these fibrous strands is the key to removing an armor plate.
Seal Armor Breach
– After the players pry up an armor plate, the Burning Tendons rapidly pull the plate closed, protecting the tendons from further damage and preventing the plate from flying off.
Deathwing's Immune System
The creatures that comprise Deathwing's Immune System emerge from the holes left by torn off armor plates. Deathwing defends himself with increasing intensity as more plates are torn off.
– These tendrils sprout from holes in Deathwing's back that aren't currently occupied by Corruption tentacles. The Tendrils grasp any player that wanders too close, reducing their movement speed by 35% and inflicting 5 Fire damage every 0.5 sec. until they move away. This effect prevents players from being thrown off Deathwing's back.
– These tentacles are dramatic physical manifestations of the Old God Corruption that runs rampant through Deathwing's body. They emerge first from the holes in his back left by armor plates, and they seal the wound completely, preventing any other creatures from emerging from it.
– The Corruption coats the victim in the searing blood of Deathwing. The thick blood absorbs up to 200 healing done to the target and causes the victim to cough up blood. The violent coughing periodically inflicts 7 Physical damage every 10 sec.
– The Corrupton grips victims with a whip-like cord of plasma, stunning them for up to 30 sec. and inflicting 53 Fire damage every 3 sec. The corruption must channel to maintain this effect, and players may break the channel by inflicting significant damage to the tentacle. This effect prevents players from being thrown off Deathwing's back.
– These unstable creatures are a patchwork of Elementium Armor fragments and pieces of the former Dragon's body held together by his molten blood.
– These living globs of Deathwing's blood appear fragile, but leave behind an indestructible residue when killed.
– Corrupted Blood explodes when destroyed, inflicting 22 Physical damage to nearby enemies within 200 yards.
– Destroying a Corrupted Blood leaves behind an indestructible residue. It slowly creeps toward the nearest hole in Deathwing's Back where it reconstitutes into a new Corrupted Blood.
The Wowhead Client is a little application we use to keep our database up to date, and to provide you with some nifty extra functionality on the website!
It serves 2 main purposes:
You can also use it to keep track of your completed quests, recipes, mounts, companion pets, and titles!
So, what are you waiting for? Download the client and get started.