Blizzard EntertainmentWorld of Warcraft PTR Patch 5.2
New Raid: Throne of Thunder
New Daily Quest Hub: The Isle of the Thunder King.
Here players can join the assault to conquer Emperor Lei Shen's island stronghold, unlock new questlines and daily quest hubs, participate in special events, earn the right to visit the fabled Treasure Room, lay claim an arsenal of powerful Mogu artifacts for their faction, and more.
- Each faction's finest are spearheading the assault: the Kirin-Tor Offensive led by Jaina Proudmoore and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by Lor'themar Theron. Earning reputation with these new factions offers heroes the opportunity to receive new quests and reputation rewards, including powerful items and an intimidating new mount.
- After both the Alliance and the Horde have eked out a foothold on the isle, players can choose to perform quests that are PvE or PvP focused. PvP quests will direct players against opposing faction NPCs, but slaying opposing players will grant credit as well.
- As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.
- Players on the PTR can teleport to the Isle of the Thunder King at their faction shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. While the Isle of the Thunder King will be unlocked progressively by each realm based on participation in the war effort, initially only some of the Isle’s features will be unlocked. Future updates will include the Shipyard and the Main Courtyard. Some features, including the Treasure Room, will not yet be available.
The Legendary Quest Continues:
- Emperor Lei Shen, the Thunder King, has returned to wreak his vengeance on Pandaria. It falls to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to stop the newly resurrected tyrant and his Zandalari allies in the massive new raid: Throne of Thunder.
- Throne of Thunder is a sprawling citadel housing 12 new raid encounters, and players that defeat Emperor Lei Shen in Heroic mode can earn the opportunity to face an additional 13th foe.
- The Raid Finder version of the Throne of Thunder will be divided into 4 different wings.
- Join the Shado-Pan Assault in their singular drive to see Lei Shen, The Thunder King defeated once and for all, and gain access to impressive Valor reward items. Reputation with this faction can be earned only within the Throne of Thunder raid dungeon.
- Please note: During the 5.2 PTR, this raid dungeon will only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on our PTR Discussion Forum for details.
New World Bosses: Nalak, the Storm Lord and Oondasta
- Wrathion must know the origin and source of Mogu power, and Azeroth's mightiest heroes will aid the Black Prince in finding out what it is. The search for information will take players into the depths of the Thunder King's Palace, and pit them against trials of perseverence and skill. Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new legendary metagem, the Crown of the Heavens.
Please note: Initially this quest is not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
- Nalak, the Storm Lord
After the Isle of the Thunder King has been conquered, the gate guardian of the Thunder King's citadel will appear: Nalak, the Storm Lord. Players will frequently have the opportunity to test their mettle against him.
Buy The Farm
- Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.
New World Boss System
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Farmer Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour in to the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work orders will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
- Please note: The new Sunsong Ranch features are not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
- All world bosses are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week, but bonus rolls apply. Bosses will now respawn more frequently as well.
- Death Knight
Death Siphon now heals for 150% of the damage dealt (was 100%).
- Conversion now costs 5 Runic Power plus 5 per second thereafter (was 10 Runic Power plus 10 per second).
- The Bloodworms summoned by now have 200% more health and heals for triple the amount.
- Strangulate's cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds, up from 120.
- Asphyxiate's cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds (was 1 minute)
The Frost and Unholy tier-14 2-piece set bonus has reduced to 4% (was 10%) increased damage on Frost Strike, Obliterate, and Scourge Strike.
The Frost and Unholy tier-14 4-piece set bonus now increases the chance to trigger Sudden Doom and Killing Machine by 30%. This note is incorrect, as the change applies to the tier-15 set being released in 5.2.
- now also applies to .
- Summon Gargoyle no longer costs Runic Power.
- Gargoyle Strike now deals Shadow and Nature damage (was Nature only).
- now causes to inflict , in addition to its other effects.
's range has been increased to 30 yards (was 20), and it now has a 20 second cooldown for Feral Druids. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.
Shattering Blow now has a 1.5 second cast time to align correctly with the Warrior version of this ability.
has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl. Cenarion Ward
now grants 100% increased healing. Frenzied Regeneration
now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power. Tooth and Claw
now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power.
now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating. Rejuvenation
now costs approximately 9% less mana.
Revive and Mark of the Wild
now cost 55% less mana.
can now snare more than one target at a time. Mass Entanglement
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 2 minutes). Typhoon
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
The Treants summoned by
now deal more damage and healing, and the
tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets. Soul of the Forest
- Balance: Now generates 40 Lunar or Solar energy upon leaving Eclipse.
- Feral: Unchanged.
- Guardian: Generates 3 additional Rage per Mangle.
- Restoration: Now grants 70% Haste on the next spell cast after the Druid casts Swiftmend.
now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).
- will no longer strike targets that are affected by crowd control effects.
- Thick Hide now reduces critical strike chance from all types of attacks made against the Guardian Druid, instead of just melee.
- : This new passive learned at level 10 by Restoration Druids increases all healing done by the Druid by 10%.
- Wild Mushrooms will now gain 75% of the overhealing performed by the Druid’s Rejuvenation effects, up to a maximum of 100% of the Druid’s health in bonus healing, and growing larger as they do so. When is cast, this bonus healing will be divided evenly amongst targets in the area of effect.
Balance/Restoration Druid PvP Gloves: Bonus now increases Cyclone duration by 2 seconds (previously increased Cyclone range by 5 yards).
Feral Druid PvP Gloves now also increases the duration of Bear Hug by 1 second.
Feral Druid PvP 2-piece bonus, in addition to the Savage Roar effect, Thick Hide reduces the wearer's chance to receive critical strikes by 20%.
Feral Druid PvP 4-piece bonus also causes successful interrupts with Skull Bash to reset the cooldown of Enrage. Hunter
- Aimed Shot cast time has been been reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 2.9 seconds)
- Bestial Wrath may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
- now has a 24 second cooldown (was 20).
- Binding Shot no longer has a Focus cost.
- Wyvern Sting no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
- New Glyph: Charred Glyph. This glyph now causes Disengage to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.
- now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active.
- Greater invisibility now has a 90 second cooldown (was 2.5 minutes).
- cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
Improved Counterspell has been removed.
- Glyph of Fire Blast has been replaced with Glyph of Inferno Blast. Glyph of Inferno Blast causes damage over time effects spread by Inferno Blast to spread to 1 additional target.
- Charred Glyph will now increase the movement speed bonus provided by Blazing Speed's by an additional 50%
- Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will, provides root/stun immunity, and has a 15sec cooldown (down from 25). This ability replaces Blink.
- now heals the Mage for 15% of maximum health when used (was 30%).
- Ice Floes now has a 45 second cooldown (was 1 minute) and its duration have been increased to 15-seconds (was 10-seconds).
- Scorch now costs 3.5% of base mana (was 0.1%). Scorch cast by Arcane Mages now deals 40% less damage but can now be affected by Arcane Charges.
- from can no longer be dispelled.
Arcane Blast's mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
- s now stacks up to 4 times (was 6), increases damage by 50% (was 25%), and increases mana cost by 150% (was 75%).
- Fingers of Frost now has a 15% (was 12%) chance to activate from Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt and Frozen Orb, a 5% (was 4%) chance to activate from Blizzard, and a 10% (was 9%) chance to activate from Scorch.
- Charred Glyph now causes Ice Lance to deal 50% damage to one additional target (was 40%).
- now deals 24% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent damage.
- Water Elemental
Freeze no longer does damage, and only provides Fingers of Frost on a successful freeze.
- New Level 60 Talent: Ring of Peace
Ring of Peace forms an 8-yard sanctuary around a friendly target for 8 seconds, disabling enemy player auto-attacks in PvP, and causing all enemies (both players and NPCs) in the area of effect to be disarmed for the duration. In addition, enemies that cast a damaging spell while within the area of effect will be silenced for 3-seconds.
New Windwalker and Brewmaster ability added at level 30:
removes all stun, fear, and root effects, and reduces the duration of those effects if they are re-applied by 60% for 6 seconds. It has a 2 minute cooldown. Chi Wave
now does 100% more damage and healing, and no longer costs Chi, but now has a 15 second cooldown. Zen Pulse
now has a limit of 2 (was 1), now detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Zen Pulse
is dispelled, and no longer costs Chi. Chi Burst
now does 100% more damage and healing, no longer costs Chi, and now has a 30 second cooldown.
Path of Blossoms has been removed.
Deadly Reach has been removed. Paralysis
is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards. Tiger's Lust
and Touch of Karma
no longer have a Chi cost. Tiger's Lust
can no longer be used on targets that have other temporary speed increases active.
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 60 seconds). Dampen Harm
can now be used while stunned, and its cooldown will now begin when used, not when the effect ends.
Healing Elixirs now heals the Monk
for 15% of maximum health (was 10%). Chi Torpedo
now deals 15% more damage.
s now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gust of Mists
now have a duration of 30 seconds.
- Life Cocoon can no longer be dispelled.
- Zen Focus, the 4-piece Mistweave set bonus, is now more responsive.
- It is no longer possible to use Thunder Focus Tea while silenced.
- s will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
- Xuen will now fixate on the Monk's original target.
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery now heals for 25% of the damage done(was 50%).
- heals for 12.5% per stack of damage done(was 25%).
- Teachings of the Monastery now provides additional benefits.
damage increased by 100% and restores 1% of max mana.
- Crackling Jade Lightning damage increased by 100%.
- now hits 4 additional nearby targets for 50% damage.
: A new Mistweaver passive activated by a successful Jab or damaging at least 3 enemies with Spinning Crane Kick
. Upon gaining
, damage of the next
is increased by 200%.
- New Level 75 Ability: Storm, Earth, and Fire
The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monk's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable, or they're killed (they can be targeted and have 10% of the Monk's health).
When using Fist of Fury, the stun effect will only apply from the Monk (not the spirits).
Spinning Fire Blossoms’ damage has been adjusted to scale from weapon damage rather than attack power.
Combo Breaker is now a passive ability granted at level 15 that grants a 12% chance to make the Monk
's next Blackout Kick
or Tiger Palm cost no Chi.
New mastery: Mastery: Combo Strikes
-- Increases the damage bonus provided by
by .2% per Mastery per stack.
now increases damage by 1% per stack (was 2%), but is now improved by Bottled Fury.
now gains 1 charge after spending 2 Chi (was 4 Chi).
Tigereye Brew now gains 1 charge after spending 3 2 Chi (was 4 Chi).
will now stack to 20, but only 10 charges can be consumed per activation.
A user interface alert now displays upon reaching 10 stacks of
Mastery: Elusive Brawler
- Black Ox Statue
The damage requirement to activate has been increased by 100%. The spell tooltip has been updated to reflect the change.
now provides 25% more Stagger per Mastery rating.
Windwalker Monk PvP 2-piece bonus now also increases the range of Keg Smash
- now reduces all incoming damage by 10% in addition to its other effects.
- 's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.
- Judgment now costs 5% of base mana.
- Repentance now has a cast time of 1.7 seconds (was 1.5 seconds)
- Sacred Shield's absorb effect can now be dispelled.
- Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60% (down from 33/66/100%),
and can be activated by Holy Shock (in addition to Judgment).
Blinding Light now has a 1.8 second cast time for Holy Paladins. It remains instant cast for Retribution and Protection.
- The 4-piece PvP set bonus now grants Holy Power when casting Flash of Light (was Word of Glory).
- The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.
- now increases Flash of Light by 100% (up from 30%).
The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath to have a 40% chance to make the Paladin’s next Divine Storm deal a Lightning Strike for 255% weapon damage as Nature. This note is incorrect, as the change applies to the tier-15 set being released in 5.2.
- Halo will no longer hit enemies that are in stealth
- Angelic Bulwark's Spirit Shell can no longer be dispelled.
- For Shadow, this ability causes Mind Flay to gain the Insanity effect when it's cast on a target with 3 Shadow damage-over-time spells on them. Insanity causes Mind Flay to deal double damage for the duration.
- now deals its damage evenly through its duration.
- Mind Control now has a 1.8 second cast time (was 2.5 seconds).
- Angelic Feather now has a 6 second duration (was 4 seconds).
- Body and Soul now has a 3 second duration (was 4 seconds).
- Focused Will is now a passive for Holy priests as well as Discipline priests.
- Flash Heal's healing has been reduced by 30%. A new passive (available at level 10) increases Flash Heal's healing by 43% for Holy and Discipline Priests.
- Power Word: Solace has been replace with a new talent: .
For Holy and Discpline, Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage, and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.
- For Shadow, this ability causes Mind Flay to gain the Insanity effect when it's cast on a target with 3 Shadow damage-over-time spells on it. Insanity increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per Shadow Orb consumed.
only works from Mind Spikes that aren't instant casts from Surge of Darkness.
Glyph of Desperation has been replaced with Charred Glyph
. Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit can now always be cast while stunned.
New Glyph: Charred Glyph
applies Binding Heal
a third nearby friendly target, but costs 35% more mana.
Glyph of Inner Focus has been replaced with Charred Glyph
now always grants 5 seconds of immunity to Silences, Interrupts, and Dispels.
New Glyph: Charred Glyph
reduces the duration of Weakened Soul by 2 seconds. Charred Glyph
has been redesigned. It now increases the range of Holy Fire
, and Power Word: Solace
by 10 yards.
- Focused Will now reduces damage taken by 15% per stack, with a limit of 2 stacks.
- Spirit Shell no longer benefits from Mastery, and now properly includes the benefits of Divine Aegis and critical effect chance.
- Penance damage and healing has been increased by 20%.
- Rapture now reduces the cost of Power Word: Shield by 25%
50% and provides mana equal to 150% 250% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short-duration bonuses.
- Divine Aegis is no longer guaranteed when Prayer of Healing is cast. The effect now procs when the spell crits.
The 2-piece Holy/Discipline PvP set bonus is now the previous Item - Priest PvP Set Discipline/Holy 4P Bonus
4-piece bonus, instead of Holy Spark
The 4-piece Holy/Discipline PvP set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Chakra by 25 seconds. When Spirit Shell
is active the mana cost of Flash Heal is reduced by 50%. Rogue
- is now a baseline ability learned at level 68.
- Versatility has been removed.
- New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death
Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.
New Level 60 Talent:
Burst of Speed
- Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.
now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy), can be used in Stealth, and always grants increased movement speed in addition to breaking snare effects, but no longer breaks root effects. Shuriken Toss
now causes the Rogue to throw ranged shurikens coated in Lethal Poison instead of auto-attacking for up to 10 seconds if the enemy is farther than 10 yards away. Deadly Throw
can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4, and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively (was 5 combo points and 6 seconds). Smoke Bomb
now reduces damage taken by allies in the area of effect by 20% in addition to current effects. Nerve Strike
now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 10% (was 25%). Shadow Focus
now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%).
PvP set bonuses have been changed:
- Vigor is now the 4 piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 30 (was 10).
- Deadly Brew is now the 2 piece set bonus, and its effects remain unchanged.
- Combat Potency now increases attack power by 30% (was 25%).
- Blade Flurry has been changed. It now strikes up to 4 additional nearby targets for 40% of normal damage.
- now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%).
- will now deal the same damage to subsequent targets as it does to the first.
- Lava Beam's damage now increases with jumps. Each jump increases the damage by 10%.
- Master of the Elements now has a 90 second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- is now available to Elemental Shamans as well as Enhancement Shamans.
- no longer requires that the target be within the area of effect of Healing Rain.
- now increases spell haste by 5% and melee haste by 10% (was 5%/5%).
- Charred Glyph now adds a 6 second cooldown to Purge.
- Stone Bulwark Totem now absorbs 25% more damage.
- Flametongue now increases damage by 20% (was 30%), and Lava Burst damage by 10% (was 0%).
- Primal Earth Elemental and Primal Fire Elemental now deal 20% more damage.
- now has a chance to increase the caster's Agility for Enhancement Shamans.
- Charred Glyph has been redesigned. This glyph now causes the Shaman to heal for 50% of the damage dealt by .
- 's duration has been increased by 25%.
now lowers the cost of shocks by 90% (still lowers the cost of other “beneficial, instant, damaging and totem spells” by 75%).
The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now grants 2 charges of Maelstrom Weapon every time the Shaman uses Stormstrike. This note is incorrect, as the change applies to the tier-15 set being released in 5.2.
- Fel Armor now reduces damage taken by 10%, instead of increasing the Warlock’s armor.
The Felhunter ability Spell Lock is now an interrupt, and no longer applies a 3 second blanket silence.
- has been redesigned. This ability is now cast on the Warlock, and causes melee attacks that strike within the next 60 seconds to fear the attacker. When cast, the ability has 1 charge, costs 5% health to activate, and has a 30 second cooldown.
- has a new visual and sound effect, and has a visual and sound effect when the proc occurs.
- Burning Rush now also prevents movement impairing effects from reducing the Warlock’s movement speed below 100% of normal, in addition to its other effects.
- The Imp pet ability Blood Pact has been removed.
- now increases Stamina in addition to Spell Power.
- Soul Leech now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
- Dark Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
- is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
- The passive damage from no longer has a visual effect.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
- Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
- Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.
- New Glyph: Charred Glyph. This glyph increases the healing gained from by 33%, but the health is restored over 10 seconds.
- New Glyph: Charred Glyph. This glyph increases the healing gained from by 30%.
- Charred Glyph changed. This ability now reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 25%.
Unstable Affliction’s backlash effect is now always a critical hit, and deals approximately 15% more damage.
- The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes to incresae the duraton of Haunt by 4 seconds (instead of the previous Nightfall modifier).
- The benefit of Haste from items and consumables has been increased by 100% for all Warriors.
- Bladestorm can no longer be disarmed.
- Vanguard now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).
- Unwavering Sentinel now improves the damage reduction of Vanguard by 10% for Protection Warriors.
- Shockwave now has a 40 second cooldown (was 20 seconds), striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
now causes a Warrior that has been reduced to 35% health or lower to regenerate 2% of their health per second (was 3%), and now generates 15 Rage over 10 seconds (was 20 Rage).
- Second Wind now generates 15 rage (was 20) over 10-seconds and the health regeneration effect will pause while the Warrior is stunned.
- Warbringer now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP) in addition to its other effects. The 3-second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.
- now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Storm Bolt now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).
- now costs 30 Rage (was 60).
- Deadly Calm has been removed from the game.
- Charred Glyph now increases the duration of Die by the Sword by 1-second each time Overpower is used.
- Charred Glyph no longer increases the damage dealt by Heroic Leap.
- will now heal the Warrior for 15% of maximum health when they have not slain an enemy (was 10%).
has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage, 1 stack when the target dodges, and no longer interacts with . It now requires level 20 (was level 50).
- Slam now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%) and had its cost reduced to 20 rage (was 30).
- Overpower now costs 10 rage.
- Sudden Death now has a 25% chance to activate from Overpower instead of a 20% chance from auto attacks. In addition, using Execute makes Overpower free for 10-seconds.
- now reduces the Rage cost of Furious Slash by 30 (was 20) and its duration has been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- The base damage of Shield Slam and Revenge has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Warlocks can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Warlocks determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on the fabled The Codex of Xerrath.
- Upon reaching level 20 and level 60, characters will automatically receive a new quest directing them to visit the racial riding trainer and mount vendors.
- Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, The Jade Forest, and Kun-Lai Summit. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Zandalari Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
- Galleon now respawns much more frequently, but players can only receive loot from him once per week.
- Fite spectral porcupine fite! Three new spectral porcupine spirit beasts have appeared across Pandaria as tameable beasts, though taming them may provide quite a challenge.
- s have been added as a tameable species for Hunters that have learned the required skill. Aspiring owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.
Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- Reflection has been replaced with Deflection, an ability that always attempts to go first and causes the pet to avoid all attacks for that round.
- Thunderbolt has been redesigned. It is now a powerful team-damage spell.
- Mr. Bigglesworth's Prowl has been replaced with a new ability, Ice Barrier, which blocks two attacks.
- Fluxfire Feline's Wind-Up has been replaced with a new ability, Flux, which deals damage to the enemy team.
- The Tuskarr Kite has a new set of abilities that's more appropriate for a Tuskarr Kite.
- Pets that had been affected by a crowd-control ability will now be granted Resilience, making them immune to crowd control for a short while.
- Arcane Explosion’s damage to back-line pets has been increased by 20%.
- Supercharge now provides a 125% damage bonus (was 150%), and its cooldown is now 4 rounds (was 3).
- Frost Shock now properly chills targets of 2 rounds (was 4).
- Deep Freeze now has a cooldown of 4 rounds (was 3).
- Blocking abilities that last for 2 turns like Decoy, now have a cooldown of 8 rounds.
- Feign Death now has a cooldown of 8 rounds (was 5).
- Prowl now lasts for 2 rounds.
- Crystal Overload now lasts for 2 rounds.
- Focus Chi now lasts for 1 round.
- Sprite Darter Hatchling and Nether Faerie Dragon– Evanescence and Arcane Blast have swapped ability positions.
- Nether Roach is now a real roach and can now survive the apocalypse.
- Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
- Battle-Stones now have a chance to be awarded from PVP Pet Battles.
- Pets whose color schemes change each time they are summoned have returned. Older pets with this behavior now have it back, as well as some newcomers.
- Pet levels will now only display on the map when pets are tracked.
- Taming the World now lists its reward correctly in the Achievements pane.
- Level capped players will now have a chance to each Lesser Charm of Good Fortune after winning a pet battle versus a Pet within 5 levels of the highest level pet on their team. Higher level pets will offer a better chance to earn a Charm.
- Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest level pet will now award player experience.
- Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team.
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting.
- Any pet that has been killed in a pet battle will now never respawn.
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including Rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
- Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. The Beasts of Fable taming quest will now become available from Gentle San or Sara Finkleswitch once Aki the Chosen has been defeated. Defeating all of the fabled beasts will award the new Red Panda pet, while completing the associated daily quest has a chance to award the rare brown, white, and orange variants.
- Please note: Many of these changes have not yet come to the PTR, but will be available soon.
- To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.
- You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day. You can select which reputation you choose to champion by selecting it from the reputation panel on the character screen. When you queue for a dungeon or scenario, the UI will remind you which reputation you are championing and allow you to change the reputation from there. (You cannot change that reputation once you are in the dungeon or scenario.)
- The chance of getting personal loot in Raid Finder and the chance of a successful bonus roll in Raid Finder have been greatly increased for the 5.0 raids.
- Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.
- Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 Justice Points per boss. Gold drops for those bosses have also been changed from a static 50 gold to a 40-60 gold range. Less gold will drop in groups consisting of less than 5 players.
- Scenarios now award 50 Justice Points, up from 25.
- A new vendor has been added offering to sell Conquest PvP gear for Honor to characters that have earned 27,000 Conquest during the season. They could be found near existing Pandaria PvP vendors.
- Tyrannical Elite items have been updated so that they have the same un-budgeted PVP Power and Resilience values as standard Tyrannical items.
- Mists of Pandaria Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s PvP gear can now be purchased with Honor Points instead of Conquest Points, including weapons.
- All newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s armor, offhands, and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.
- Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0%). Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power and 0% damage from PvP Power.
- PvP trinkets that clear loss-of-control effects will now also clear these effects from the player's pet as well.
- For casters and healers, PVP Power is now split evenly between main-hand and off-hand in a manner similar to a dual-wield melee class. This change is retroactive, affecting Season 12 Malevolent and Malevolent Elite items. There should be no net change for any character already using a main-hand/off-hand combination.
- PVP Caster weapons in Season 13 cost 2250 (down from 2500) and shields/off-hands cost 1250 (up from 1000), to reflect the increased value of the off-hand slot for classes that use it in this manner. This change is not retroactive and applies only to Season 13 items.
- Characters that have attained requisite title levels (Centurion, Knight-Champion, Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.
- Players in low level battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.
- Rated Battlegrounds now award conquest to the losing team based on their final score. The losing team can earn up to 200
- Transmogrification rules have been broadened for several weapon types.
Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
- The ethereals that offered to upgrade items using Valor or Justice points have departed Azeroth for the moment. They may yet return in a future patch.
- The cost of Valor Points gear introduced in patch 5.0 has been reduced by 50%.
- The cost ofValor Points gear introduced in patch 5.1 has been reduced by 25%.
- Skyshards are now Bind on Account.
- Seed bags have been added, that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
- Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
- The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
- Running the Master Plow across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
- Wild Crops will now occur less often.
It is no longer possible for a weaker application of to overwrite a stronger one.
- It is no longer possible to refresh Inquisition to a lower duration.
- The cooldown of Cauterize will now properly reset upon entering an Arena.
- Fixed an issue that would cause command-left-click to occur as right-click while using trackpad functionality.
- The Logitech LCD applet for G19/G15 keyboards will now launch with the 64-bit client.