Hello again, Hunters.
We wanted to discuss some adjustments coming to your talents in a future build, and briefly mention a few thoughts.
The current design intentionally has almost all utility above the second gate, which means you have 11 points that will almost certainly be spent only on throughput choices in PvE situations. We like having a bunch of abilities located past the second gate that were previously locked to individual specs. This has also created a situation where there’s a lot of bloat of extra abilities and cooldowns that feel mandatory because they are available and likely worth pressing. The last 3 rows of the tree have been shuffled around a bit and will continue to be adjusted to try to prevent most hunters from feeling obligated to acquire multiple extra active buttons.
- Barrage and Explosive Shot are now a choice node.
- Stampede now replaces Chakram in the choice node vs Death Chakram.
- Chakram has been removed from the talent tree.
- Nesingwary’s Trapping Apparatus has been lowered to 2 points.
- Bloodshed and Murder of Crows is now a choice node, and is where Dire Beast previously was.
- Dire Beast has been moved to where Murder of Crows was.
- New Talent - Bloody Frenzy - Barbed Shot has a chance to apply a second stack of Frenzy to your pets. This is located in the second gate area.
- Beast Cleave has been lowered to 2 points, and Beast Cleave’s duration is now 3/6 seconds depending on your rank.
While Rapid Fire is not a required ability, we’re trying to integrate it to the tree where it would make sense. Marksmanship has very limited passive Focus generation, and Rapid Fire should ideally help with that. We want to avoid situations where you drop Steady Shot entirely while doing prolonged combat.
- Deathblow has been made a 1-point node. Rapid Fire casts (not damage events) can now also activate this. The chance for activation is different for Aimed Shot vs Rapid Fire.
- Razor Fragments now also works with Deathblow procs, rather than being tied solely to Trick Shots.
- Bombardment’s design has changed - Every 6/4 (2-rank node) Arcane or Chimaera Shots causes your next Multi-Shot to grant you Trick Shots, regardless of how many targets it hits.
- This will likely be changed to a 1-point node, or adjusted to also boost Multi-Shot damage per rank. The location of this also needs to be adjusted as you can currently select this without Multi-Shot.
- Lone Wolf’s spot in the tree has been moved to above the first gate.
- More things connect to Lock and Load’s talent node.
- Some redundant node connections have been removed.
- Legacy of the Windrunners and Serpentstalker’s Trickery node locations have been swapped.
- Unerring Vision’s design has slightly changed to also increase critical damage while Trueshot is active.
Spearhead and Coordinated Assault are competing for some space in the tree. We’re hoping to identify a set of abilities to that each augments in a way that feels good, and also would prefer a design that doesn’t encourage you to stack both of them at the same time. Some adjustments are being made to these abilities to try to focus on different parts of your ability sets in a manner that lets both Coordinated Assault and Spearhead hopefully feel both distinct from each other, while still feeling powerful on their own.
- Mongoose Bite should actually replace Raptor Strike now.
- Predator returned to 25%, rather than 8%. This was a data error when changing from a 3 point node to a 1 point node.
- A connection between Lunge and Frenzy Strikes has been removed to prevent a dependency problem.
- Deadly Duo renamed Quick Shot, and redesigned. When Kill Command’s cooldown is reset, you fire a free Arcane Shot at your target.
- Coordinated Assault is back to 2 minutes.
- Coordinated Assault no longer modifies Carve. Instead, your pet’s special attack increases the initial damage of your next Wildfire Bomb.
- Birds of Prey will likely be adjusted in a future build to more directly work with the design tweaks of Coordinated Assault.
- Bonded Companion renamed Deadly Duo, and redesigned. While Coordinated Assault is active, Wildfire Bomb’s cooldown is reduced by 25/50%, Wildfire Bombs generate 5/10 Focus when thrown, and Kill Shot can be used on any target regardless of the target’s HP.
- Coordinated Kill redesigned, and is now 2 points. While Spearhead is active, Raptor Strike and Mongoose Bite Focus Cost is reduced by 5/10, and Kill Command resets increase the duration of Spearhead by 1/2 sec.