in your browser.
Protection Paladin Macros & Addons - Shadowlands 9.0.5
2021/03/09 at 1:09 AM
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Macros and Addons provide many quality-of-life improvements in WoW, allowing players to improve how information is displayed in-game or automate decision-making to optimize performance.
In this guide, we will go over useful Protection Paladin macros for , explain how to make your own macros, and cover some of the best Protection Paladin addons for both hardcore raiders and general players alike. Whether you're looking for specialized Protection Paladin macros to help you gain a competitive edge, or creating a custom user interface to expand your view of the game world, this page will help get you started with some of the most popular choices within the Protection Paladin community.
For details on specific community tools and addons, please visit our
Macro and Addon Guide Section
NEW Best Covenant
NEW Twisting Corridors
NEW Night Fae
Rotation, Priority, and Abilities
Macros & Addons
NEW Castle Nathria Tips
About the Author
This guide was written by Lincoln. He is a moderator for the
Hammer of Wrath Community
where he helps players on a daily basis get better at playing Protection. Feel free to message him questions, comments or concerns about what you read in the guide.
You can find him posting random opinions on
Talent Swap Macros
These macros will allow you to have one button that functions for whatever talent or spell you have selected.
Repentance / Blinding Light
/cast Repentance;Blinding Light
Holy Avenger / Seraphim
/cast Holy Avenger;Seraphim
These macros are useful in any situation!
Casting / Canceling Divine Shield
#showtooltip Divine Shield
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield
Casting / Canceling Blessing of Protection
#showtooltip Blessing of Protection
/cancelaura Blessing of Protection
/cast Blessing of Protection
Blessing of Freedom Mouseover
#showtooltip Blessing of Freedom
/cast Blessing of Freedom; Blessing of Freedom; Blessing of Freedom
Cleanse Toxins Mouseover
#showtooltip Cleanse Toxins
/cast Cleanse Toxins; Cleanse Toxins; Cleanse Toxins
Flash of Light Mouseover
#showtooltip Flash of Light
/cast Flash of Light; Flash of Light; Flash of Light
Word of Glory Mouseover
#showtooltip Word of Glory
/cast Word of Glory; Word of Glory; Word of Glory
Lay on Hands Mouseover
#showtooltip Lay on Hands
/cast Lay on Hands; Lay on Hands; Lay on Hands
Blessing of Sacrifice Mouseover
#showtooltip Blessing of Sacrifice
/cast Blessing of Sacrifice; Blessing of Sacrifice; Blessing of Sacrifice
Build your own Macros
Use this to build your own macro....
Casting at your
if you have one otherwise at your current target:
Useful for abilities like:
Hand of Reckoning
Addons are powerful tools that can be used to both customize your gameplay experience, ranging from graphical overlays, replacement action bars, and unit/raid frames, to performance enhancements such as rotation helping spell reminders, buff/debuff tracking, popup reminders, and boss warnings. Here are some of the highly recommended and commonly used Prot Paladin addons, which are certainly not required to play, but can go a long way toward increasing the information available to you in combat or simply make for a more pleasant viewing experience.
Unlike Macros, managing Addons is done outside of the game, but our
How to Install and Maintain Addons Guide
will take you step-by-step through the process.
: These addons will show you timers of upcoming boss abilities and will warn you if you are standing in fire. I would personally recommend going with BigWigs and not to forget the dungeon module LittleWigs.
: WeakAuras 2 is an all-round addon that lets you track buffs, debuffs or dots and a lot of other things. You can even make a fury bar for example. I highly recommend it. You can easily import auras from other players.
There are so many varieties of WeakAuras that you can choose from but based on the most popular auras on
for Paladins. You can learn more about some of the most maintained and popular auras on the WeakAuras page.
: Details is the perfect addon to let you check the damage you and your raid member do. This addon is also useful to track interrupts, dispels or deaths.
You can use the
to manage your Addons.
- Very popular all-in-one UI overhaul.
- Highly customizable action bars which can be moved and organized however you like.
- Replacement chatbox addon, with custom themes, fonts, and functions.
Deja Character Stats
- Adds more stats to the character panel, with customizable filters.
Elkano's Buff Bars
- Replaces the standard buff/debuff icons with ordered lists, including names and bar graph-style durations.
- World map enhancement which adds coordinates, icons, and more.
- Allows any part of the default UI to be moved around.
- A specialized radial menu style actionbar, very useful for condensing less frequently used spells that don't always need to be on your main bars.
- Makes your minimap sexy!
Shadowed Unit Frames
- Customizable player, target, and raid unit frames.
- Customize nameplates styles and add various information including buffs, debuffs and casting indicators
World Quest List
- Attaches a sortable list of active world quest lists, filtered by zone, to the edge of your map.
Combat and informational
- A lightweight, open source raid encounter addon.
Deadly Boss Mods
- A more robust encounter addon for dungeons, raids, PvP, and more.
- A highly customizable damage and healing meter
Exorsus Raid Tools
- Modular addon containing raid coordination tools for raid leaders and officers.
- Threat meter
- Helps you find gear upgrades when combined with a string from SimulationCraft
- Simplifies simming your character by generating an in-game script to paste into SimCraft or Raidbots
- A very powerful addon that can display a massive variety of information including procs, casting indicators and raid boss warnings.
Of course, these recommendations are not the only useful addons out there; there are hundreds to choose from, of every type imaginable. If you're looking for something a little different, search through
to find the right Prot Paladin addons for you.
Our Prot Paladin guides are always updated with the latest information from in-game experience, simulations, and logs; make sure to check our changelog to this page, by clicking on
at the top of the page. If you are interested in more in-depth Prot Paladin guides for , make sure to browse the
below, and our list of
just beneath the
Table of Contents
Would you like to quickly find this guide using Discord? You can do it easily using
here to add Jeeves
to your Discord server.
Thanks for reading our class guides! If you have any feedback about the guides, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and we will reply as quickly as possible. If you'd like to talk with any of our writers directly you can do so by joining our
and finding them there!
Share your comments about this guide in our Paladin forum!
Get Wowhead Premium
As little as
less than $1 a month
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte