- Shannox yells: A-hah! The interlopers! Kill them. EAT THEM!
- Shannox yells: Fetch your supper!
- Shannox yells: Go for the throat!
- Shannox yells: Oh, you murderers! Why? Why would you kill such a noble animal?
- Shannox yells: Ohh... the pain. Lord of Fire, it hurts....
- Shannox yells: Riplimb! No... no! Oh, you terrible little beasts! How could you?!
- Shannox yells: Twist in flames, interlopers!
- Shannox yells: Yes, I smell them too, Riplimb. Outsiders encroach on the Firelord's private grounds. Find their trail. Find them for me, that I may dispense punishment!
GainsAfter killing this NPC you will gain:
- 500 reputation with Avengers of Hyjal
- 250 reputation with Avengers of Hyjal
- Overview – Shannox will not appear until you have slain a large number of the enemies in the zone.
Once engaged, Shannox will attack you with his two companions: Rageface and Riplimb. Shannox will throw his spear and lay down Crystal Prison Traps periodically while Rageface attacks players at random and Riplimb must be tanked.
When either Rageface or Riplimb are defeated, Shannox will Frenzy. When Shannox is defeated, both Rageface and Riplimb will gain Frenzied Devotion.
- Immolation Trap – Shannox launches a fiery trap at a random player's location. The trap arms after 2 seconds, then detonates when either a player or one of Shannox's pets steps over the trap. Immolation Trap inflicts 60 Fire damage, 16 Fire damage every 3 sec., and increases the target's damage taken by 40% for 9 sec.
- Crystal Prison Trap – Shannox launches a prison trap at a random player's location. The trap arms after 2 seconds, then detonates when either a player or one of Shannox's pets steps over the trap. The Crystal Prison trap encases the target in a block of magma crystal, preventing all movement and any other action. Destroying the crystal prison frees a trapped player.
- Hurl Spear – Shannox hurls his spear at a location near Riplimb. When the spear lands it inflicts 96 Physical damage to all enemies within 3 yards and 40 Fire damage to all enemies within 50 yards. The spear strike also triggers a cascade of molten eruptions around the impact location, inflicting 65 Fire damage to enemies caught in an eruption.
Riplimb will then break off from combat, fetch the spear, and return it to Shannox.
- Frenzy – When the players defeat Riplimb or Rageface, Shannox enters a frenzy. This increases his Physical damage by 30% and attack speed by 30%. This effect stacks twice.
- Magma Rupture – Once Riplimb has been slain, Shannox drives his spear into the ground instead of hurling it. This attack inflicts 40 Fire damage and increases the Fire damage taken for all players by 40% for 1 min. The spear strike also triggers a cascade of molten eruptions around the impact location, inflicting 65 Fire damage to enemies caught in an eruption.
- Riplimb – Riplimb will attack the target with the most threat.
In Heroic Difficulty Riplimb cannot be permanently slain while his master lives. When his health reaches zero, he will collapse for 30 seconds, and then reanimate at full health to resume fighting.
- Frenzied Devotion – Riplimb enters an unstoppable rage if he witnesses Shannox's health reach 30%. This effect increases Riplimb's damage dealt by 100%, attack speed by 50% and movement speed by 100%.
- Feeding Frenzy – Riplimb's successful melee attacks increase his physical damage dealt by 5% for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
- Rageface – Rageface cannot be controlled, and darts about from enemy to enemy, changing targets periodically.
- Face Rage – Rageface leaps at a random player, stunning and knocking them to the ground. Rageface begins to viciously maul the player, inflicting 0 Physical damage every 0.5 sec. and the damage dealt increases over time. While Rageface mauls the player, all attacks against the beast will be critical strikes.
Rageface will continue the mauling until his target is dead, or until he has taken 6.5% of total health.
- Frenzied Devotion – Rageface enters an unstoppable rage if he witnesses Shannox's health reach 30%. This effect increases Riplimb's damage dealt by 100%, attack speed by 50% and movement speed by 100%.
- Feeding Frenzy – Rageface's successful melee attacks increase his physical damage dealt by 5% for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
- Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Please review our Screenshot Guidelines before submitting!
The Wowhead Client is a little application we use to keep our database up to date, and to provide you with some nifty extra functionality on the website!
It serves 2 main purposes:
- It maintains a WoW addon called the Wowhead Looter, which collects data as you play the game!
- It uploads the collected data to Wowhead in order to keep the database up-to-date!
You can also use it to keep track of your completed quests, recipes, mounts, companion pets, and titles!
So, what are you waiting for? Download the client and get started.