Hey everyone, I made a video guide on how you can set up your TSM crafting for inscription & jewelcrafting, allowing you to do the following:
- Get accurate mass prospect/mass mill profits- This part walks you through setting up the item value of the mass mill/mass prospect crafts so that you can see the true profit/loss on them.
- Find the cheapest crafting cost of pigments, gems and essences (including by milling/prospecting them)- This part walks you through setting up custom material prices using Bilis Onyxia's method of valuing pigments, which I've modified for SL Jewelcrafting and Inscription.
- How you can use either custom sources in your tooltips or macros to quickly find out which herb or ore is the cheapest to destroy to get those materials- This part has two methods with their own pros and cons, but in general you'll be able to find out what the best way to source your materials. For example, you'll be able to tell what the cheapest herb to mill for Luminous Pigment is, at any given time, at a glance.
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeF7K_5WVWQ
The video will cover everything in detail, and I've prepared a few spreadsheets you can use so that it's as easy as possible to get it going:
- Setup spreadsheet
- Macros spreadsheet
It's a pretty lengthy video but I tried to do as much of the legwork so you can just plug and play, but I've also allowed some room for customisation on the spreadsheet. You can change the price sources that will be used in the calculations, as well as the mill and prospect rates if you disagree with any of them. You can even use a weighted average blend of two sources. This will automatically update all the strings you need to use. Remember to file > make a copy!
This is my first video and guide I've made, so let me know if you have any comments or questions!
Lots of people are always interested in knowing more about TSM, so I've finally gotten into it.
In this first video, I go over everything I use on a regular basis - Auctioning, shopping, crafting, tooltips, ledger, mailing.
This is not so much a guide as it is a showcase for the addon.
I try to keep it as simple
as possible and give you an idea of everything that you'll have to go through to get it working, and to show you lots of things you can get done, once you do configure it.I will be making individual guides on each section of the addon
, going as in-depth as I know how to, soon(TM).
Here it is: https://youtu.be/F-ZpGgAhidc
Next part: Auctioning
My plan is to stick to 2 fundamental ideas:
Keep it simple
Teach how to get there, not spoon feed groups and hope you get it right
Let me know what you think. I tried to be as clear and basic as possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if I failed here and there.
Also let me know what you'd like to see in future guides.
Draft plan on guides:Tooltips
- setting them up and taking advantage of them.Auctioning
- posting, cancel scanning. Groups, auctioning operations. Simple general auctioning price strings. (this will probably be a massive video. Ideas on how to separate this into smaller sections?)Shopping
- simple operations for shopping. Short and sweet.Crafting
- how to set up crafting operations. Different restock numbers and why. Talking about profit. Talking about crafting costs.Mailing and logistics
- setting up operations, ideas on how to min-maxing characters.
Find me on: Twitter