Hello!Thank you for all of your continued feedback on Mage
changes in Shadowlands. Below, you'll find the latest changes in the Alpha, which includes reverting Shimmer
to 2 charges, further talent tuning, and the removal of the short lived Frost and Fire Ward
.There has a been a lot of great discussion in this thread and we hope to see it continue!Mage
- Shimmer charge count increased to 2.
- Shimmer cooldown Increased to 25 seconds (was 20 seconds).
Developers' notes: After listening to feedback and more playtesting, we are returning both charges of Shimmer at a slightly higher cooldown cost. Our goal with the change was to bring more it inline with the other talents on the row, but in doing so, Shimmer lost a lot of its identity. If the other talents on the tier continue to underperform, we'll look at ways we can enhance them to be more attractive options while up against Shimmer.
now also grants the caster 1% Intellect, stacking up to 8 times when their Focus Magic
target critically strikes.
- Developers' notes: We'd like for Focus Magic to reward the caster a bit more for taking an ally friendly talent.
and Fire Ward
removed from all specs.
Fire Specialization Alexstrasza's Fury
- Developers' notes: Compared to some of the other abilities, these two landed a little flat and overlapped a bit too much with each of the Barriers.
now also makes your next Pyroblast
deal 35% increased damage.
- Developers' notes: We're looking to make this more competitive with the Flame On and the future Phoenix Flames replacement.