BlizzardUpdated May 13
We have a major update to Torghast in this new Alpha build for testers to experience.Covenant Abilities
- You will now be assigned a Covenant when entering Torghast, including that Covenant’s signature and class abilities.
Your test character’s Covenant will change daily, cycling through all four Covenants.
Developers’ notes: The goal here is to get a look at some abilities before we’re able to fully test the Covenants/Zones they belong to. Please note that Anima Powers do not yet exist for Venthyr, Necrolord, or Night Fae abilities. Additionally, paladins, rogues, and death knights are not quite ready for Torghast, but they’re coming soon™.
The following classes now have Anima Powers available to them and can now access Torghast, Tower of the Damned:
Starting Room of the Damned
Developers’ note: Monks are still missing a few powers, but they can begin testing.
The Wayfinder in the starting room has been removed, and “Easy”, “Normal”, and “Heroic” runs have been removed. Please pay your respects.
The Torghast entryway is now a room that allows you to pick which cell block you wish to attempt, through a series of portals. The portals are:
- Twisting Corridors
- Skoldus Hall (quest)
- Fracture Chambers (quest)
- The Soulforges (quest)
Developers’ Notes: To emulate Easy, Normal, or Heroic runs, enter the Twisting Corridors. Other doors will take you to the 6-floor quest runs, which are currently limited to floors 1-6.
All Twisting Corridors runs now end after 18 floors, regardless of difficulty. Delving deeper into the Twisting Corridors unlocks higher floor checkpoints from which to start a run. After entering the Twisting Corridors portal, speak to the Wayfinder to select your starting floor number.· Gameplay Changes
- Deaths are now measured on a per-run basis:
1 player: 5 deaths allowed (Tarragrue on 6th death)
- 2 players: 8 deaths allowed
- 3 players: 10 deaths allowed
- 4 players: 13 deaths allowed
- 5 players: 15 deaths allowed
Players can no longer ascend to the next floor without first defeating the Empowered creature guarding the portal.
Players who release their spirit after their party members have ascended to a higher floor will resume on the higher floor.
Ashen Phylacteries no longer require a killing blow to trigger Maw Power effects that are triggered by destroying them.
Shackled Brokers now have more distinct names, and if you snuff out their life force, that broker will remain dead for the remainder of your run.
The Broker’s Purse now drops less Phantasma than before, and this amount is now affected by group size.
Vendors should now instantly update their displays for all players when a player buys a limited-stock item.
Animimics now have a chance to drop something valuable.
The first Anima Cell of each run can now be found once you traverse through a portal.The Jailer’s Torments
At higher floor difficulties, you’ll now find yourselves subjected to additional scrutiny from the Jailer in the form of stacking debuffs that will make your ascent more difficult.
- A safe area at the beginning of each floor protects players from the effects of the Jailer’s Torments. Players remain safe until they leave the safe area, enter combat, or loot something.
- The Torments differ by cell block:
Eye of Skoldus: The hounds of Skoldus periodically seek out players while they are out of combat.
- Fracturing Forces: Mawsworn ambushers periodically hunt and stalk players while they are out of combat.
- Soulforge Heat: The burning heat of the Soulforges constantly sears players for a percentage of their maximum health as Fire damage.
- Breath of Coldheart: The life-sapping breath of the Coldheart Interstitia reduces player damage the longer they remain on a floor.
- Mort’regar’s Echoes: Ghastly echoes of the dead haunt players, increasing the magic damage they receive the longer they remain on a floor.
- Might of the Upper Reaches: The Jailer’s might crushes opposition, increasing the physical damage players receive the longer they remain on a floor.
- Developers’ Notes: Much like Mythic Keystone dungeons have dangerous affixes at higher Keystone levels, those who ascend Torghast will endure the Torments of the Jailer. This is very much a work in progress and an early look at a system we’re iterating on. Please post your feedback on it in this forum thread.