Flying on Draenor
Flying has been enabled on Draenor for characters that have attained the account-wide achievement, Draenor Pathfinder
PvP Mercenary Mode
Players will be able to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds. Agents of the enemy faction will appear in your base in Ashran (Stormshield for the Alliance, Warspear for the Horde) and allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.
While competing as a mercenary, players will automatically have their race changed into one appropriate for the opposite faction. Players will still be able to earn all the same rewards as winning or losing as their original faction (with the exception of faction-specific achievements).
Raids and Dungeons
New Timewalking Rewards
Timewalking Loot Changes
- Timewalking bosses who had unusual drops, such as Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake, now have a chance to drop those items when defeated while Timewalking.
Dungeon Finder Changes
- Completing a Random Warlords of Draenor Heroic dungeon after the first one now awards 50 Garrison Resources (up from 0).
- Ashran now has a deserter mechanic. Upon entering, players receive a 10-minute buff called Ashran Tour of Duty. If the player leaves an Ashran match before this buff expires, a 15-minute debuff called Recreant will be applied that prevents entry into another Ashran match.
Legendary Ring Quest Line
- New weekly quests (such as Abrogator Arbitrator and Work Work Stoppage) have been added to help players catch-up in earlier stages of the Legendary Ring Quest Line for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry.
Events and World Environment
- Bonus Events now begin earlier in the week on Wednesday. End date remains the same so there's now more time to complete the bonus event! Check the in-game calendar for new start times of each bonus event.
In-Game World Events
- A number of improvements and new additions have been made to the Hallow's End and Feast of Winter Veil world events. (Datamined info here, includes Minion of Grumpus, Coin of Many Faces, and Exquisite Costume Set: "Deathwing".)
- Hallow's End
Pets: Ghastly Rat, Ghost Maggot, Spectral Spinner
- Toys: Coin of Many Faces, Sack of Spectral Spiders
- Wands: Hallowed Wand - Wight, Hallowed Wand - Gargoyle, Hallowed Wand - Nerubian
- New holiday quests Culling the Crew, Foul Fertilizer, Mutiny on the Boneship, and Smashing Squashlings reward Spooky Supplies which can be turned in for Garrison decorations.
- Disguises: Exquisite Costume Set: "Edwin VanCleef" and Exquisite Costume Set: "Deathwing"
- The interior of the Armory at Stormshield should now be correctly furnished.
- Removed a stack of objects floating outside of the Armory at Stormshield.
- Cartographers have been notified and corrected a spelling error on the world map.
Creatures and NPCs
Behind the doors of the outdoors version of Hellfire Citadel
awaits a new rare elite with a special drop for world PvP enthusiasts, the Spike-Toed Booterang
should now be correctly immune to being trapped by Deadly Iron Trap
- The maximum size of a mount is now capped at 150% of base size for cosmetic effects.
- Tooltips for items that have been empowered or created by Baleful tokens now have a Baleful and/or Empowered tag.
- Baleful rings, neck trinkets, and cloaks should now always create an item that has Bonus Armor for Tanking loot specializations, and Spirit for Healing loot specializations.
- Brazier of Awakening should no longer despawn at the end of a raid encounter without resurrecting a raid or party member.
- Medallion of the Legion is now only usable on Draenor.
- Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent no longer has a reputation requirement with The August Celestials to learn.
- Fixed an issue with Wild Gladiator's Insignia of Dominance's tooltip.
- A new events coordinator can now be found in level 3 garrisons. Visit the coordinator during Hallow's End or Feast of Winter Veil to obtain garrison decorations that are usable all year round!
Ghoulish Guises: "Dress your garrison's guards in festive costumes."
- Hallow's Glow: "Pumpkins, candles and other decor for your garrison."
- Seer's Invitation: "Invites an Arakkoa seer to your garrison."
- Witch's Brew: "A Pandaren Brew Witch, who brings plenty of fresh brew for your garrison."
- Creepy Crawlers: "A ghoulish box of spectral rats, maggots, and spiders."
- Ball of Tangled Lights: "A festive display of lights and wreaths."
- Imported Trees: "A festive collection of trees and presents."
- Little Helpers: "Winter Veil helpers and a Winter Wondervolt."
- Festive Outfits: "Dress your garrison guards for the season."
- Old Box of Decorations: "A collection of candy canes, mistletoe and stockings."
Shipyard and Naval Missions
- Ship equipment items now have "Naval Equipment" in the item tooltip, enabling it to be searchable through the bag search UI.
- Fixed an issue where completing a naval mission at the Naval Command Table did not cause the Garrison Report icon to stop blinking.
- Target marker icons have been disabled in public chat channels.
- There is now an option to disable Adventure Guide alerts in the Interface options menu, under display settings.
- Arcane Torrent now Silences all enemies in an 8 yard radius for 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds), and cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes).
- Rocket Barrage now has a 1.5-minute cooldown (down from 2 minutes).
- Rocket Jump now has a 1.5-minute cooldown (down from 2 minutes).
- Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by an additional 20% (up from 15%).
- Da Voodoo Shuffle now reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 20% (up from 15%). Trolls still be flippin' out mon!
- War Stomp
now stuns enemies for 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds), and now has a reduced cooldown of 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes), and cast time is no longer increased by damage (via spell pushback).
- Touch of the Grave now scales its damage based on 50% of the character's Attack Power or Spell Power, whichever is greater.
Please note that tooltip description for the following Monk abilities will be inaccurate. This will be corrected in a future patch.Windwalker
Rake now deals 20% more damage. In PvP combat, Rake now deals 20% less damage.
- Rip now deals 20% more damage. In PvP combat, Rip now deals 20% less damage.
- Thrash in Cat Form now deals 10% more damage for Feral Druids.
now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, now deals 10% less damage.
- Mind Blast now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Mind Blast now deals 10% less damage.
- Mind Flay now deals 20% more damage.
- Mind Spike now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Mind Spike now deals 10% less damage.
Affliction Armor Sets
Corruption now deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
- Tier-18 4-piece set bonus for Fury Warriors now reduces the cooldown of Recklessness by 30 seconds (up from 25 seconds).