- Backup your current Interface and WTF folders by renaming them Interface_backup and WTF_backup. These are located in your WoW directory (e.g. C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/_retail_/)
- Extract the ShadowlandsUI Interface and WTF folders to your /_retail_/ directory
- In the newly extracted WTF folder, rename the following folders to match the names in your WTF_backup folder:
ACCOUNTNAME (usually a # or account name if your account is older)
- REALM NAME (name of the realm your character resides)
- CHARACTER NAME (name of the character you wish to inherit ShadowlandsUI – you only need to list one. Read the FAQ if you want to use it on multiple characters)
Launch WoW, choose the character you renamed the folder to and ensure all addons are selected and “Load out of date addons” is checked.
Launch the game and click “Yes” when it asks if you wish to load ShadowlandsUI at the top of the screen. The interface will reload and you will be looking at the ShadowlandsUI.
Ensure all nameplates are turned to “on” by hitting Ctrl+V.
Right click the map and click on the button towards the bottom that says “Use global profile”
*(if required) As we are in pre-patch land, a lot of addons are still under development and some settings get wonky. If you notice any LUA errors after install, reload the UI. If you notice a semi-transparent black square in the middle of your screen or on the top left of your health bar, type /pitbull and navigate to layout editor → Shadowlands Player → Indicators → Totems and uncheck enable. Do this same thing for the layout “Shadowlands Cast.”
ShadowlandsUI is now installed and configured properly. Make sure to keep all addons updated as you normally would – especially if you get weird errors as you install the UI, as you probably need to update the addons that were included in the package. If you want to copy your macros and hotkeys from your backup folder, check the FAQ.