When it comes to Torghast, we feel like we’ve found the fun, but we also want to make sure that difficulty tuning is where it needs to be. Over the next couple of days, we’d appreciate as many Beta testers as possible to venture into the tower and slay the Jailer’s forces … for science!
How to slay for science
- Enter the Shadowlands Beta.
- Select Oribos or The Maw as your realm.
- Depending on your playstyle, create a new character using either the Shadowlands - L60 - Layer 1 or Shadowlands - L60 - Layer 4 template.
Shadowlands - L60 - Layer 1
- This is meant to be your introductory run in Torghast, even if you’ve never set foot in there before.
- While you’re expected to attempt Layers 1-3 using this template, if you’re feeling adventurous, feel free to attempt the harder Layer.
Shadowlands - L60 - Layer 4
- If you’re a more experienced Torghast player, this should provide you with a reasonable level of challenge, but nothing insurmountable.
- While you’re only expected to attempt Layers 4-6 using this template, if you’re feeling adventurous feel free to attempt the harder Layers.
- You will also have an item in your bags that could come in handy during your run.
- Once your character is created, hit “Enter World” and your character should appear at the Torghast lobby entrance.
- Two portals will be available for you to choose from up ahead.
All you need to do to start a run is run up to the portal, select your desired Layer based on which character template you chose, and off you go!
Sending feedback for science
As always, when you’re done, please post your feedback in the Torghast feedback thread, and please answer any or all of the questions below:
- Which portal did you choose and at what Layer difficulty?
- How many players were in your group?
- What Class & Spec did you and your group play as?
- Did you successfully finish your run?
- How many times, if at all, did you die?
- How long did it take you to complete the run?
- Were there any powers that seemed to have a major impact on your run?
- Did any enemies or enemy abilities stand out to you as particularly troublesome?
Due to an issue with how character templates work, if you change your character’s Specialization, your active Soulbind may disappear. To address this, a Forge of Bonds has temporarily been spawned in the Torghast entryway so that you can re-active it. You should only need to do this once, after which your activated Soulbind will persist.
Thank you very much!