BlizzardPatch 7.2.5 Public Test Realm Patch NotesNew FeaturesTimewalking: The Black Temple
The time has come to join a raid of 10-30 adventurers and venture back in time to The Black Temple
in Outland. You'll be scaled to player level 70 and item level 141 on your way into this memorable highlight of the Burning Crusade expansion.
All New Story Scenario
- To queue for Black Temple Timewalking on the PTR, Speak to Vormu in Shattrath.
In this new scenario, you'll use the time-twisting powers of the Bronze Dragonflight to help Chromie prevent her own assassination.New Events
- The Trial of Style
The Blood Elves have teamed up with the Ethereal transmogrifiers to put on a grand Azerothian fashion tournament. Compete against five other players to determine who's the best dresser. On the public test realm, speak to Flaskataur in Dalaran to queue for this extraordinary runway experience.
Auction House Dance Studio
- A wondrous celebration of all things moonkin is happening in Moonglade. Stop by and see what you can learn!
The Great Gnomeregan Race ChangesClasses Death Knight Demon Hunter
- The main auction houses in Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been cleaned out and turned into dance parties for the day. Crowd on in and show some faction pride!
- Prepared now generates 100 Fury over 10 seconds (was 40 Fury over 5 seconds).
Demon Blades's proc chance increased to 100% (was 60%).
- Demon Blades's Fury generation is now 6-12 (was 12-20).
- Demon Blades now does 50% weapon damage (was 85% weapon damage).
- Fel Barrage no longer uses charges, and now has a 1 minute cooldown (was a 30-second recharge time). Your damaging abilities now have a chance to reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds.
- Fel Barrage damage increased by 100%, and now deals damage over 2 seconds (was 1 second).
- Last Resort will not absorb a killing blow of more than 200% of the player's maximum health.
- When Demon Spikes is activated and a Demon Spikes buff is already present, the values of the two buffs are now correctly averaged.
Stellar Drift now increases 's damage by 50% (was 60%).
- damage increased by 11%.
Restoration Hunter Mage
- Gore is now also activated by Maul.
- Maul damage increased by 400%.
- Maul cost increased to 30 Rage (was 20).
- Maul is now on the global cooldown, and has no self-cooldown (was 3 seconds).
- Maul damage not increased in PvP.
Cone of Cold damage increased by 170%.
- Thermal Void redesigned: Increases Icy Veins' duration by 10 seconds. Your Ice Lances against frozen targets extend your Icy Veins by an additional 1 second.
- Essence Font now has a 12 second cooldown and a duration of 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Essence Font cost reduced by 10%, and direct healing increased 23%.
- Vivify healing increased by 9%.
- Damage of most abilities increased by 5.5%.
- Rushing Jade Wind now applies Mark of the Crane to up to 2 (was 4) nearby targets.
- Spinning Crane Kick's Mark of the Crane's damage bonus per target reduced to 40% (was 50%) per target.
- Fists of Fury's range increased to 8 yards (was 5) and damage reduced by 20%.
- Ardent Defender will not absorb a killing blow of more than 200% of the player's maximum health.
Holy Rogue Outlaw
Developers' notes: One of our goals for 7.2.5 is to give and Power Word: Radiance a more straightforward purpose and allow for more opportunities to use both based on the situation. Radiance allowing an immediate Penance heal on more targets more quickly should help with some of Discipline's difficulties in responding promptly to damage. being an always-available Atonement applicator without having to constantly evaluate the mana cost should help with overall flow of the spec.
- Divine Star cost reduced by 20%.
- Halo cost reduced by 25%.
- now costs 2% of base mana (was 0.36%), but no longer costs additional mana per Atonement.
- Power Word: Barrier mana cost reduced by 37% and radius increased by 23%.
- Power Word: Radiance now has 2 charges and a 15 second recharge.
- Power Word: Radiance now applies 5 Atonements (was 3) at 50% normal duration (was 100%).
- Smite damage increased by 11%.
- Smite now costs 0.5% of base mana (was 1.0%).
- 's effects have been made baseline.
- The absorb effect from Smite (Rank 2) has been removed and reworked into a new Level 15 talent: Sanctuary. The amount absorbed has been increased by 33%.
- Developers' notes: Our overall goals here include smoothing out Energy regeneration and reducing the frequency of both resource drought and Energy capping.
- All damage increased by 8%.
- Adrenaline Rush regeneration increase reduced to 60% (was 100%). Duration increased to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Ambush damage increased by 33%.
- Fatal Flourish proc rate increased to 30% (was 20%), and Energy per proc reduced to 10 (was 15).
- Curse of the Dreadblades (Artifact trait) now works with Ambush.
- Fortune Strikes redesigned. Now increases Fatal Flourish's proc rate by 2% per point (was +1 Energy per Fatal Flourish proc per point).
Developers' notes: The net result of the two Fatal Flourish and Fortune Strikes changes is that Fatal Flourish should generate half as much Energy, twice as often.
has returned. Finishing moves reduce the remaining cooldown on Adrenaline Rush
, Improved Between the Eyes
, Improved Sprint
, Grappling Hook
, Killing Spree
, Marked for Death
, Death from Above
by 0.5 seconds per combo point spent. Roll the Bones
- Developers' notes: The distribution of the number of buffs you get from Roll the Bones has changed. On average, you will get fewer buffs. Our goal is to significantly reduce the desire to frequently recast Roll the Bones when you get 1 buff.
- Broadside now also increases the damage of your combo-point generating abilities by 20%.
- Buried Treasure increases Energy regeneration by 30% (was 25%).
- True Bearing causes Finishing moves to reduce the cooldown of many abilities by 1.0 seconds (was 2.0 seconds) per combo point.
Master of Shadows
- Developers' notes:Our overall goals are to remove uncontrolled player teleport from the baseline DPS rotation, to reduce the frequency of teleporting in PvP, to allow players to choose between more frequent or more impactful Shadow Dances, which equates to more frequent CC/utility or damage in PvP, to keep the PvE rotation engaging, and to make Symbols of Death more engaging.
- All damage dealt increased by 20%.
- Backstab base damage increased by 35%.
- Backstab damage bonus from being behind the target reduced to 20% (was 30%).
- Dark Shadow is a new talent at level 90: While Shadow Dance is active, all damage you deal is increased by 30%.
- Deepening Shadows now causes your finishing moves to reduce the remaining cooldown on Shadow Dance by 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds) per combo point spent.
- Energetic Stabbing (Artifact trait) now has an increased proc chance of 50% (was 25%), now refunds 2 Energy per point (was 5), and now also works with Backstab.
- redesigned. Deepening Shadows reduces the remaining cooldown of Shadow Dance by an additional 1.5 second per combo point spent. Shadow Dance gains 1 additional charge.
- Etched in Shadow (Artifact trait) is now named Weak Point: Increases the critical strike damage of Backstab and Shadowstrike by 5% per point.
- Gloomblade damage increased by 33%.
- Marked for Death's cooldown reduced to 40 seconds (was 60 seconds) for Subtlety.
Developers' notes: This is to balance it against Premeditation, which is now on the same row. It's a buff in a raid setting, where the talent was very weak.
moved to level 90 row: Gain 40 Energy over 4 seconds when you enter Stealth
or Shadow Dance
- Developers' notes: Pooling energy going into a Shadow Dance has long been the way to play Subtlety, and we'd like to bring that back. This design still gives you more energy for a Shadow Dance, but in a way that allows the Rogue to fully utilize pooling gameplay.
now increases your damage dealt to the target by 15%, with damage over time component reduced by 35%.
- Developers' notes: Further pushes Subtlety away from maintaining Nightblade on all secondary targets and instead into focusing their damage into 1 target. Additionally, gives Nightblade a mechanical interaction with the rest of the core rotation that fulfills the “setup” feel of Subtlety.
moved to level 100 row. Relentless Strikes
now causes your finishing moves to generate 5 Energy per combo point spent.
- Developers' notes: This improves Energy capping situations and an issue where with Deeper Stratagem (talent), you would sometimes get 80 Energy back on a 6-combo point finisher.
is no longer on the global cooldown. Shadow Dance
now has 2 charges (was 3). Shadow Dance
's base duration increased to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds). Shadow's Whisper
(Artifact trait) now increases Energy gain by 8 (was 5). Shadowstep
now has 2 charges for Subtlety. Shadowstrike
now hits at melee range (was a 15 yard range). Shadowstrike
, when used out of combat, now deals 30% increased damage and teleports you up to 25 yards behind your target.
Shuriken Combo is a new passive talent available at level 70: Shuriken Storm
increases the damage of your next Eviscerate
by 10% for each enemy hit beyond the first. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Developers' notes: This aims to remove maintaining Nightblade on every target from your AOE rotation on 4+ targets. Instead, Subtlety will deal increased damage during AOE by focusing it into one target.
now allows Subtlety Rogues to run over water. This is only possible when running forward. Subterfuge
's duration increase to Shadow Dance
reduced to 1 second (was 2 seconds). Symbols of Death
redesigned. Costs 25 Energy and has a 30 second cooldown. Invoke ancient symbols of power, empowering the next cast of several of your abilities: The Quiet Knife
(Artifact trait) now increases damage dealt by Backstab
by 5% (was 3%) per point. Shaman
- Earth Elemental has 600% of the Shaman's armor (was 400%) and 150% HP (was 100%).
- Earth Elemental has 6% melee crit reduction.
damage increased by 77% and Maelstrom generation increased to 25 (was 20).
- now has 2 charges, with a recharge time of 6 seconds.
- Landslide moved to level 15 talent row, replacing .
Malefic Grasp damage bonus reduced to 40% (was 70%).
- Haunt now costs 1 Soul Shard, and no longer costs Mana.
- Haunt instant damage increased by 25%, and cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Developers' Notes: Soul Shards are now divided into 10 Soul Shard Fragments for Destruction Warlocks, in order to provide more reliable, granular Soul Shard generation, prevent random overcapping of resources, rein in Soul Shard generation slightly, and reduce the number of Chaos Bolts being cast.
- All damage increased by 10%.
- Cataclysm cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds), cast time reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 3 seconds), and damage reduced by 25%.
- Channel Demonfire damage increased by 56%, and cooldown increased to 25 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Chaos Bolt cast from the Chaos Bolt rift now deals 60% increased damage.
- Chaos Bolt's damage increased by 40%, and projectile speed increased by 25%.
- Improved Conflagrate now generates 6 Soul Shard Fragments (was 1 full Soul Shard/10 Soul Shard Fragments).
- Improved Conflagrate now generates double resources from hitting a second Havoc target.
- Dimensional Rift (Artifact trait) now generates 3 Soul Shard Fragments
- Eradication's damage bonus increased to 15% (was 12%), and duration increased to 7 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Fire and Brimstone now causes Incinerate to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment per target.
- Havoc's duration increased to 10 seconds (was 8 seconds), and cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 20 seconds).
- Immolate's periodic damage critical strikes have a 100% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment (was: periodic damage critical strikes have a 30% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard).
- Immolate's periodic damage has a 50% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment (was: periodic damage has a 15% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard).
- Incinerate now generates 1 Soul Shard Fragment.
- Incinerate now generates 2 Soul Shard Fragments on a critical strike.
- Incinerate's mana cost reduced by 16%.
- Rain of Fire's damage increased by 25%.
- Reverse Entropy redesigned slightly: Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire restore 35% of your maximum mana and deal 5% increased damage.
- Shadowburn now generates 6 Soul Shard Fragments and an additional 6 if the target dies within 5 seconds.
- Soul Conduit now causes every Soul Shard you spend to have a 12% (was 20%) chance to be refunded.
- Soulsnatcher (Artifact trait) now causes Chaos Bolt to have a 3% (was 5%) chance per rank to refund 1 Soul Shard.
- now reduces the cooldown of Havoc by 20 seconds, and no longer increases its duration.
All abilities damage increased by 10%, in addition to any damage changes below.
- The effect of Mastery has been reduced by 20%.
- Anger Management now spends 20 Rage per 1 second of cooldown reduction (was 10 Rage per 1 second), and now also reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm.
- Cleave damage increased by 20%.
- Colossus Smash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), and damage increased by 10%.
- Dauntless cost reduction is now 10% (was 20%).
- Execute damage increased by 25%.
- Fervor of Battle damage bonus increased to 80% (was 45%).
- Focused Rage now costs 20 Rage (was 15 Rage).
- now refunds 40 Rage (was 30 Rage).
- Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%.
- Overpower no longer costs Rage, no longer procs from auto-attacks, and may not proc itself.
- Precise Strikes (Artifact trait) reduced to 10% cost reduction per rank (was 15%).
- Rend cost increased to 20 Rage (was 10 Rage).
- Rend's first hit now deals 280% weapon damage.
- Slam damage increased by 35%.
- Titanic Might now increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds (was 16 seconds), and now also reduces the cooldown of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds.
- Void Cleave (Artifact trait) damage increased by 100%.
- Whirlwind damage increased by 20%.
- Will of the First King (Artifact trait) increased to 2 Rage per critical strike (was 1 Rage).
Legendary Items Warlock Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar
- Added Group Finder activities for Mythic Trial of Valor and Nighthold.
- Mythic Trial of Valor and Nighthold can now be entered by cross-server groups.
Player versus PlayerMageProfessionsCooking
- Enemies marked by your Havoc take 15% (was 8%) increased damage from your single target spells.
- Added Nomi Snacks, a new item that can be used to complete the next 5 Nomi recipe researches instantly. Nomi Snacks can be obtained from any Nomi research, and it is tradeable.
- Significantly increased the proc chance to start each of the rank 3 questlines.
- Significantly increased the drop/proc chance to start each of the rank 3 questlines.
- Significantly increased the drop chance to start each of the rank 3 questlines.
- Arsenal: Armaments of the Silver Hand now includes the Silver variant of the 1H mace. This will be added retroactively to characters who have purchased the armament.
- Pandaria Challenge Dungeon sets have been added to Appearances.
- The Appearance Collection now includes Holiday cosmetic items, which can be transmogged during the holiday.