New Arena: The Tiger's Peak
- Please note: During the 5.3 PTR, not all the content listed may be available for testing, or may only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on our PTR Discussion forum for details.
- New Battleground: Deepwind Gorge
In the new Battleground situated in the Valley of the Four Winds, the Alliance and Horde continue their war for Pandaria’s precious resources. While the two factions battle for control over mines, they must also protect their own resources from being stolen and turned against them!
New Scenario: Battle on the High Seas
- Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!
New Scenario: Blood in the Snow
- Help your faction fend off enemy forces in the midst of a battle for naval supremacy on the High Seas.
New Scenario: Dark Heart of Pandaria
- An agent of Zandalar has infiltrated Dun Morogh and rallied the Frostmane trolls. At Varian’s request, Moira will lead her personal guard against them once the king’s champions have stopped the magical storm protecting Shimmer Ridge.
New Scenario: The Secrets of Ragefire
- Goblin engineers have been excavating in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to find a mysterious artifact, but all they've found is trouble; you have been personally called upon by the Warchief to aid them in their hour of need.
- Infiltrate the Emberdeep Caverns and assist the Gob Squad in investigating a recent disappearance in Durotar.
- A heroic difficulty for Scenarios have been added and are designed to provide challenging content for small groups of well-seasoned adventurers. Completing a Heroic Scenario awards Valor points, and a chance to obtain Raid Finder quality items.
- Heroic scenarios require a pre-made group to join.
- Heroic scenarios offer bonus objectives that will reward additional valor if completed.
An option to run a random heroic scenario has been added as a drop-down in the scenario tab in Dungeon Finder.
Players can complete a normal or heroic scenario for bonus valor each day, but not both.
Six heroic scenarios will be available in patch 5.3. Four are new and two are upgrades of existing normal scenarios. Quest Campaign: Escalation
- The Darkspear Trolls are in open rebellion against the Warchief! Aid your faction in preparing to rout Garrosh Hellscream from Orgrimmar
Alliance heroes will scout Orgrimmar's outskirts and engage in SI:7 espionage to weaken Garrosh’s power structure.
- Horde heroes will help Vol’jin’s insurgency survive a Kor’kron assault and advance towards the Horde capital.
Visit Lorewalker Cho at the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms
to begin questing.
- Battlefield: Barrens
Put the stranglehold on Orgrimmar by undermining the Kor’kron supply chain in Northern Barrens.
Collect resources by killing Kor’kron loyalists and their supporters.
- Get a group together to kill Kor’kron leaders for bonus resources.
- Escort your faction’s caravans across the zone for even more additional resources.
The Darkspear Rebellion will reward your efforts to undermine the Warchief by helping you upgrade Latent Kor’kron Armor into useable gear.
Participate in the Escalation Quest Campaign to learn how to engage in the Barrens conflict. The Legendary Quest Continues
New Brawler’s Guild Bosses
- Journey with Wrathion to the four corners of Pandaria to speak with the August Celestials.
- Champions will have had to complete Wrathion’s earlier tasks (including “Heart of the Thunder King”) to continue.
- Test your might against two new tiers of bosses in the Brawl’gar Arena in Orgrimmar or Bizmo’s Brawl Pub in Stormwind.
- New VIP areas are now accessible for brawlers at or above rank 8.
- Bizmo has raised the floor in his arena to hide the bodies. Or... maybe to improve the sight lines. We’ll never know for sure.
- Special “Challenge Cards” can now drop from mobs or reward satchels, allowing you to summon and battle unique bosses.
- Healing abilities and spells which automatically pick targets now follow consistent rules for targetting logic. Targets with lower % health will be preferred, and players are weighted more heavily than pets.
Players with full health no longer count towards the cap for area-of-effect healing abilities and spells.
- The following summoned pets/totems will now chain cast their spells with no delay between casts, allowing them to cast their spells more frequently in the same amount of time.
Death Knight: Gargoyle
- Druid: (Balance, Restoration), (Symbiosis)
- Mage: Mirror Image, Summon Water Elemental
- Shaman: Searing Totem
- Warlock: Doomguard, Terrorguard,
- had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 10%.
- Symbiosis: had its cooldown increased to 90 seconds, up from 60 seconds.
- is no longer on global cooldown and summons a single Treant. The Treant no longer has a control bar, immediately uses its special abilities on the Druid’s current target, and accumulates 1 charge every 20 seconds up to a maximum of 3 charges.
Restoration version of the Treant now casts Swiftmend on the Druid's target when summoned. This version of Swiftmend does not require or consume a heal-over-time effect on the target.
- Glyph of Solar Beam have been removed and replaced with Glyph of Omens.
- New Glyph: Glyph of Omens: While the Druid is not in a Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the following abilities will generate 10 Solar or Lunar Energy: Entangling Roots, Cyclone, Faerie Fire,
Solar Beam, Faerie Swarm, Mass Entanglement, Typhoon, Disorienting Roar, Ursol's Vortex, and Mighty Bash.
- Solar Beam is now more responsive when players enter and leave the beam's area-of-effect.
- Savage Roar now increases physical damage done by 40%, up from 30%.
- Hunters now have 50 pet stable slots, up from 20.
- now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
- Iron Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
- Binding Shot is no longer a talent and learned by Marksmanship Hunters at level 30.
- Blink Strike has been renamed to . is a passive ability, increases the pet's Basic Attack damage by 50 %, can be used from 30 yards away, and causes the pet to instantly teleport behind their target.
- Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
- Beast Cleave now deals 75% of the original damage, up from 50%.
- now increases the damage of Multi-Shot by 60%, up from 30%.
- PvP 2-piece set bonus has been redesigned. Using Arcane Shot now causes the Hunter's PvP Power to increase by 800 for 6 seconds.
- Living Bomb's periodic damage has been increased by 121%. Its explosion damage has been reduced by 78%, but now scales with additional periodic ticks added by haste, and hits all nearby targets (up from 3).
- had its energy cost reduced to 1%, down from 6%.
- now also removes horrify effects, and reduces the duration of horrify effects and fear, and is available to all Monk specializations (formerly only available for Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks).
- Spear Hand Strike now locks a spell school out for 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
- Ring of Peace had been redesigned. The ability forms an 8-yard sanctuary around a friendly target for 8 seconds, instantly disarming and silencing enemies within the area-of-effect for 3 seconds. Enemies that use abilities other than auto-attacks or cast spells on allies within the Ring of Peace will be disarmed and silenced for 3 seconds. Disarm and silence effects are subject to diminishing returns.
- had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 6%.
- Rising Sun Kick now causes all targets within 8 yards to take an increased 20% damage from the Monk's abilities, up from 10%.
- had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 22.3%.
- had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 22.3%.
- now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.
- is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.
- now increases damage with two-handed melee weapons by 30%, up from 15%.
- Tier-14 Holy Paladin 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 second, down from 2 seconds.
- Power Word: Fortitude had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4.4%.
- Mass Dispel no longer dispels magic effects that are normally undispellable. Cast time has been decreased to 0.5 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds for Discipline and Holy Priests.
- Void Shift had its cooldown decreased to 5 minutes, down from 6 minutes for Discipline and Holy Priests. For Shadow Priests, cooldown has been increased to 10 minutes (), up from 6 minutes, and the spell is no longer usable while in Arenas or Rated Battlegrounds.
- Charred Glyph has been redesigned and no longer reduces cast time. The glyph now enables Mass Dispel to dispel magic effects that are normally undispellable.
- Atonement now heals nearby friendly targets for 80% of the damage dealt, down from 100%.
- now reduces the cast or channel time of the next Priest spell by 15% after casting Power Word: Shield (was 15% spell haste).
- Shuriken Toss now deals 100% more damage in the initial ranged attack, damage is no longer doubled when used on targets farther than 10 yards away, and energy cost has been increased to 40 energy, up from 20.
- can now be cast while moving.
- New Glyph: Glyph of Lightning Shield causes Lightning Shield to reduce the amount of damage taken by 10%.
- Glyph of Unleashed Lightning has been removed and replaced with Glyph of Lightning Shield.
- Feral Spirit's summoned Spirit Wolves are now immune to root and snare effects.
- Lava Lash now deals 300% weapons damage, up from 250%.
- now converts 65% of the Shaman's attack power to spell power, up from 55%.
- Stormstrike now deals 450% weapon damage, up from 375%.
- had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.
- Demonic Gateway cast time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds, and can now be attacked and killed by enemy players. Each gateway has 100% of the summoning Warlock's health, and 100% of their resilience.
- Health Funnel now causes the Soulburn portion of the spell to increase healing generated from Health Funnell by140% instead of instantly restoring 36% health.
- Charred Glyph has been redesigned. Glyph of Siphon Life now heals the Warlock for 0.5% of their maximum health when Corruption or Immolate deal periodic damage.
- Haunt now refunds a when it is dispelled.
- no longer requires a to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a when cast, and the effect remains active as long as the Warlock has at least 1 remaining.
- Vanguard now decreases damage taken by 25%, up from 15%.
- no longer costs rage to use, instantly heals the Warrior for 5% of their total health, and healing an additional 5% over 5 seconds. Using the ability while Enraged doubles the healing effects to 10% of the Warrior's total health and an additional 10% over 5 seconds.
- Second Wind no longer generates rage when the Warrior is struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect.
Arms and Fury Warriors receive a passive ability that enables them to generate rage when struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect at level 56.
s cooldown has been reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes. Spell Reflection
is no longer consumed by spells from player pets and guardians. Vigilance
now resets the cooldown on Taunt in addition to its current effects.Protection
- Bastion of Defense now reduces the cooldown of Shield Wall by 1 minute, down from a 3-minute reduction. For Protection Warriors, this results in no net change to Shield Wall's cooldown.
- Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85.
- Unwavering Sentinel no longer increases the damage reduction of Vanguard by 10%.
- Creatures that are outdoors in the world and are Level-90 and above now have a chance to drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- Rare spawns in Pandaria (except Zandalari Warscouts, and Zandalari Warbringers) and bosses in Battlefield: Barrens will now always drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
Shiny Pile of Refuse now has a chance to contain a Primal Egg, and a number of Giant Dinosaur Bone.
- Spitfire Beam no longer increases in damage with each jump, deals a flat 200,000 damage(up from 150,000 damage), and jumps to 99 targets (up from 20 targets).
Pet Battle Duels are now available in all dungeons and raids. Enjoy!
Pet Battles in the wild and duels are now viewable by other players in the world.
Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.
Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.
A series of new achievements and rewards have been added for max-level matchmaking PvP pet battles
Wins for max-level, matchmaking PvP pet battles can now be tracked in statistics.
Battle pets' recent ability loadouts will now be saved when pets are swapped in and out of battle slots.
Species specific Flawless Battle-Stones are now Bind to Battle.net account. Black Claw
now deals 20% less damage. Blistering Cold
had now deals 100% more damage. Corrosion
now deals 5 damage-per-round, up from 2, and increases damage taken by 2, down from 5. Counterspell
now deals 10 damage in addition to the ability's previous effects. Deep Freeze
now has a 10% reduced chance to hit.
Fury of 1,000 Fists now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds. Haymaker
now has a 3-round cooldown. Headbutt
now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds. Hunting Party
now has an increased cooldown of 4 rounds, up from 3 rounds. Impale
now has a cooldown of 3 rounds, down from 5 rounds, deals 17% less damage, and no longer deals damage as a percentage of the target’s health. The ability now deals a flat amount of bonus damage instead. Interrupting Gaze
now deals 50% more damage. Interrupting Jolt
now has a 4-round cooldown, down from 5 rounds. Kick
now deals 50% more damage. Minefield
now has a 5-round cooldown, and lasts for 9 rounds, down from 10 rounds. Mudslide
now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds. Predatory Strike
no longer deal damage as a percentage of the target’s health. The ability now deals a flat amount of bonus damage instead. Quicksand
now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds. Reckless Strike
now has a 1-round cooldown. Rupture
now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds. Shock and Awe
now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds. Soulrush
now has a 4-round cooldown,up from 3 rounds.
Fixed an issue where pet abilities that had a chance to stun were not working correctly.Battle PetsBattle Pet Quests
- Beasts of Fable daily quest has been broken into three separate chapters. Players can now choose to do any or all of the chapters each day. Rewards have been modified to include a new consumable that will boost battle pet XP for a limited time.
- All Pet Battle daily quests on Pandaria, Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamer quests will now award experience, valor, and Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- All Pet Battle quests will now award experience.
- Increased the difficulty of elite pets on the Beasts of Fable quest.
- A new weekly quest for max-level, matchmaking PvP pet battles has been added.
Raids, Dungeons, and ScenariosLoot Specialization
- Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.
Please check out the blog: Patch 5.3 Adds Off-Spec Loot and Rewards for an in-depth explanation of how the Loot Specialization system will work.
- Bonus Roll
Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.
- For the Fathom-Lord Karathress encounter, Cataclysmic Bolt now deals 10% of the target's maximum health plus 5000 damage, down from 50% of target's maximum health, the stun effect can be removed by abilities that free the player from stuns, and the spell now targets any character class instead of only targeting character classes with mana.
- Lady Vashj
Coilfang Strider's Panic ability now activates every 4 seconds, up from every 2 seconds.
- Shock Blast's stun effect can now be removed by abilities that free the player from stuns.
- Tainted Elementals now despawn after 20 seconds, up from 15 seconds.
Throne of Thunder Scenarios
- For the High Astromancer Solarian encounter, Nether Scryer's Domination spell now has a 2 second cast time, up from instant cast, and can be silenced.
- For the Void Reaver encounter, the radius for Arcane Orb has been reduced to 15 yards, down from 20 yards.
- Lorewalker Cho will allow heroes to take part in either faction's scenarios, so players can see what the other side has been up to.
- A blog titled: PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 has additional information and reasoning behind the PvP changes in 5.3.
- All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
- Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 45%, up from 30%.
- PvP Power bonus to healing are now based on class and specialization.
Healing specializations receives a 100% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
- Damage specializations for Druids, Monks, Paladins, and Shamans receives a 70% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
- All other specializations and classes (including tanking) receives a 40% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
- Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493. Weapons and shields/off-hand items remain unchanged at ilevel 498.
- Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.
- Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
Resilience gems and enchants will continue to be available and remain unchanged.
- 4-piece PvP set bonus for all Season 12 and 13 armor sets that granted 1000 Resilience now grants 1000 PvP Power instead.
PvP Power will remain exclusively on PvP gear.
Tyrannical weapons no longer have a conquest-earned prerequisite to purchase them. Enchant Weapon - Glorious Tyranny
weapon enchantment now grants 600 PvP Power instead of 400 PvP Power and 200 Resilience.
New weapon enchantment: Enchant Weapon - Bloody Dancing Steel
is functionally equivalent to Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel
, shares the same visual effect as Enchant Weapon - Glorious Tyranny
, costs a scroll of the base enchant, and requires a 2200 rating.
New weapon enchantment: Enchant Weapon - Spirit of Conquest
is functionally equivalent to Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit
, shares the same visual effect as Enchant Weapon - Glorious Tyranny
, costs a scroll of the base enchant, and requires a 2200 rating. Tyrannical Gladiator's Tabard
and Tyrannical Gladiator’s Greatcloak are available as new prestige items at 2500 rating for 1000
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
- Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization
- Dalaran Arena: Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.
- Eye of the Storm: The starting platforms have been lowered.
- Herbalists of low skill can now pick herbs in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield an herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
- Miners of low skill can now mine mineral deposits in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield a miner will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
- The Voidbinders are back in capital cities and shrines.
PvE Item Upgrades
Items upgradable by Valor now require 250 Valor to upgrade per 4 item levels, for a total of 500 Valor for 8 item levels per item. This is retroactive to all items that use Valor.
- Items upgradable by Justice now require 750 Justice to upgrade per 8 item levels, for a total of 750 Justice for 8 item levels per item. This is retroactive to all items that use Justice.
PvP Item Upgrades
- Malevolent Gladiator’s Conquest (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.
- Dreadful Gladiator’s Honor (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.
- No other PvP items are upgradable.
Players can now use items that are in the bank or Void Storage for transmogrification.
Reduced the amount of Justice, Honor, and Darkmoon Faire tickets needed to upgrade heirloom items by 60%.
Players starting on Cataclysm content can purchase level-80 gear from Iris Moonweaver in Hyjal and Erunak in Vashj'ir to more easily qualify for Blackrock Caverns and Abyssal Maw: Throne of Tides.
Two new purchasable items using Elder Charm of Good Fortune
have been added to the quartermasters on the Isle of Thunder
A new achievement and reward has been added for obtaining 200 mounts. (Mount Parade
Unclaimed Black Market Containers are now available on the Black Market Auction House. What's inside? It's a mystery! When opened, the container has a chance to contain any item that can be available on the BMAH. Courageous Primal Diamond
had its clearcasting effect renamed to “Lucidity” to differentiate it from other spells with that name.
- In-game support system is now a direct portal to the Battle.net Support site, allowing players to access the knowledge base and support contact system.
Please check out the blog titled: In-game Browser and Support Tools in 5.3 for more information about this change and how you can help us test this new feature.
A new option to display pet tamers on the world map has been added. This should help players looking to find unlocked pet tamer daily quests.
When using name plates, castbars will now display for all NPCs.
- More information coming soon.