[Skip to Main Content]
Este sitio hace uso intenso de JavaScript.
Por favor %s en tu navegador.
Comercial
RPP
12.1.0
RPP
12.1.5
Multi-Core Support?
Escribir respuesta
Regresar al índice de los foros
Publicado por
Zokudu
I saw this little snippet at the bottom of the patch notes:
The cvar 'processAffinityMask' controls which CPU cores are available for the World of Warcraft client to use. Previously the game client was limited to 2 cores as a default which players could override in the configuration file. In the past this provided a performance boost on some CPUs and operating systems. We have identified several systems that are experiencing severe performance issues with this restriction and have removed it. Players who would like to restore the old behavior can do so by updating the Config.WTF file by adding: SET processAffinityMask "3".
Does this mean native support for 2+ cores (Tri and Quad cores)
If I'm reading this correctly if we set our Affinity Mask to 3 it will utalize as many cores as possible. Or am I misunderstanding this?
Publicado por
Adamsm
Don't triple post.
Publicado por
Malgayne
I've deleted the other two, one is enough. :P
Publicado por
Zokudu
Sorry when I posted it gave me an error my mistake. Thank you.
Publicado por
482420
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
Publicado por
hezec
No, the "3" is the decimal form of the binary number 00...0011 which WoW would then understand as using the two cores marked by 1. If you don't suddenly experience massive fps lag which you didn't have before, don't do anything.
Publicado por
Zokudu
But before I know I had set my AffinityMask at I believe it was 15 to allow it to use cores 2 and 3 so cores 0 and 1 could be used to run other programs I may be multi-tasking in the foreground. Is it now possible to allow WoW to use all 4 cores thus improving performance?
Publicado por
hezec
As I understand it, that's what it does by default now. It was always possible (edit: OK, not quite) to set it to anything you wanted, even "255" (binary 11111111, use all 8 logical cores of a quad-core processor). I assume it has been coded so that WoW is lower priority than other programs so it doesn't jam up everything else by utilizing all cores.
Escribir respuesta
No has iniciado sesión. Por favor
inicia sesión
para escribir una respuesta o
crea una cuenta
si aún no tienes una.