Update: Mythic Queen Azshara Hotfix Analysis
23/10/2019 alle 11:51
Last week we released an article
analyzing the Mythic Queen Azshara nerfs
. Now that the nerfs are live, we have a correction to how much Ward Soaks changed and an update the Short Circuit nerf and how the Short Circuit nerf is actually a very large nerf to the encounter.
Correction: Ward Soaks
Blizzard reports two different values for the Wards, one for tooltips and one in the API.
Weakauras such as
use the API value of
Tooltips such as in the Dungeon Journal and in
previous hotfix blogs
used the tooltip value of
, we incorrectly assumed that Blizzard was using the tooltip value of the Wards because Blizzard had previously reported Ward nerfs in the tooltip values.
Draining Azshara's Ancient Ward now reduces its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties.
Difesa del Potere
now increases its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties.
However, this time, Blizzard the "5 points" referenced in this hotfix note is 5 more API points, from
30 to 35
per Ward soak.
A more detailed version of how the API numbers were found can be seen from
Effect on the Strategy
So how does 5 points affect the strategy? Less than we assumed last time but it's still a very good change.
If you were previously soaking 6 stacks, you will soak an equal amount of points soaking 5 stacks. However, if you were previously soaking 5 stacks, you will be at a deficit of 10 points every time you soak 4 stacks.
However, with the reduced health on the Tidemistresses making Phase 3 faster and the reduced amount of Drain on Short Circuit, you should still be fine taking one less stack across your entire raid. If you're really scared about your Ward health, we would recommend taking your regular stacks in Phase 2 and then taking one less stack per player in Phase 3 and Phase 4 to reduce the lethality of Phase 3 of the encounter.
Update: Short Circuit
We now know exactly what Blizzard's Ambiguous tooltip means.
now drains 10% less energy from the affected Ward in all difficulties.
This references 10% less overall value of the Ancient Ward; a 30% drain (down from 40%) per
. This means that if you have a single Ward with full energy, you will have more than enough energy for all 3
, you just have to make sure not to Pressure Surge on console ward.
This means that
now drains 30% less or 540 points which is 18 pre-nerf soaks (16 post-nerf soaks). This is a very large change and will help guilds in Phase 4.
Strategy Change Conclusion
Phase 1 now has 17 soaks (down from 20).
You should be safe to take one less stack across your entire raid, amounting to 10% more health per player. If you're really scared of your Wards, you can take your normal stacks in Phase 2 and just reduce all stacks by 1 in Phase 3 and Phase 4.
Ottenere Wowhead Premium
Per soli $2 al mese o
per sostenere il sito, ottenere una esperienza senza pubblicità, e ottenere funzioni premium!
[Show 0 Comments]
[Hide 0 Comments]
Accedi per Pubblicare un Commento
Scrivi un commento
Non hai effettuato l'accesso.
registra un account
per aggiungere il tuo commento.