Outlaw Rogue Macros & Addons - Dragonflight 10.1.7
Table of Contents
Macros and Addons provide many quality-of-life improvements in WoW, allowing players to improve how information is displayed in-game or automate decision-making to optimize performance.
In this guide, we will go over useful Outlaw Rogue macros for , explain how to make your own macros, and cover some of the best Outlaw Rogue addons for both hardcore raiders and general players alike. Whether you're looking for specialized Outlaw Rogue macros to help you gain a competitive edge, or creating a custom user interface to expand your view of the game world, this page will help get you started with some of the most popular choices within the Outlaw Rogue community.
10.1.7 Season 2
10.1.7 Cheat Sheet
10.1.7 Primordial Stones
10.1.7 Raid Tips
10.1.7 Talent Builds
10.1.7 Support Buffs
10.1.7 Tier Set Bonus
Abilities & Talents
Macros & Addons
About the Author
Hey my name is ForeverGuy or just Guy, I'm the current guide writer for
. I raid mythic on Mal'Ganis but a lot of my time is spent in the
helping people out with their rotation, and general theory crafting and just talking with regulars. I've worked on previous guides in the past and I've helped optimize Outlaw for Simulationcraft in both the gear, talents, and APL. Feel free to message me about any questions you have about rogue, I'm usually around for anything just find me in Ravenholdt, my discord is guy#4019. I stream progression whenever the raid comes out, so feel free to give me a follow on
, or follow me on
if you like the guides.
Macros are simple, in-game tools which allow you to sequence spells together, create custom names and icons, cast different abilities depending on whether the target is friendly or hostile, define targeting conditions, and much, much more. While the amount of options can be complex, making them is easy, so in this section we'll go over how to set them up yourself.
To open the in-game Macro interface, type "/macro" or "/m".
Choose between the General and Character-specific macro tabs. Then click the "New" button on the macro window.
Choose a Name and an Icon so you can easily recognize your macro, then click "Okay."
Select your new macro and use the text editor below to tell it what to do. If copying ours below, you can simply copy/paste the text in.
Click the "Save" button, and drag your macro icon onto your bars, which will allow it to be used just like any other spell from your spellbook.
To close the window, click "Exit", or just press Escape.
For more information on creating macros, including full lists of conditionals, modifiers, and other command customizations you can use, check out our full
Help with Targeting
Tricks of the Trade
on your tank
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
and the macro listed above, this will automatically target the tank in your party and misdirect to them. Very useful as it will free up your focus slot for more useful things.
Controlling Key Mobs
on your focus target
If you do not have a focus target, this will fall back to default behavior due to
Marked for Death
on your current mouseover enemy / nameplate
If you do not have a mouseover target, this uses your current target instead (due to
/cast Adrenaline Rush
Skipping the targeting circle
Something else you can do is skip the targeting circle on abilities like the
. With this macro, the given ability will immediately use your cursor position as the target without requiring you to place the circle.
/cast Grappling Hook
Addons are powerful tools that can be used to both customize your gameplay experience, ranging from graphical overlays, replacement action bars, and unit/raid frames, to performance enhancements such as rotation helping spell reminders, buff/debuff tracking, popup reminders, and boss warnings. Here are some of the highly recommended and commonly used Outlaw Rogue addons, which are certainly not required to play, but can go a long way toward increasing the information available to you in combat or simply make for a more pleasant viewing experience.
Unlike Macros, managing Addons is done outside of the game, but our
How to Install and Maintain Addons Guide
will take you step-by-step through the process.
In addition to our general recommendations below, I would like to highlight these addons before:
- Plays an annoying sound when you stand somewhere you should not be. It is a great and easy addon to avoid fatal mistakes and always nice to have alongside boss mods.
- Nameplate addon that is very lightweight on the CPU and comes with nameplate color presets for Raids and Dungeons by default. Just installing this allows you to easily distinguish different types of enemies based on the nameplate color.
- Shows you what the SimulationCraft APL (the "robot" in the sim) would do in your current situation. Nice rotation helper that, if you like, you can run to always be aware of your red thread in the rotation. It automatically accounts for your setup including talents and other customizable choices whenever necessary.
Aside from that, I can recommend the CurseForge app, which allows you to keep your addons up-to-date more easily. There are also open-source addon managers you can use.
ElvUI - Very popular all-in-one UI overhaul.
- Highly customizable action bars which can be moved and organized however you like.
- Replacement chatbox addon, with custom themes, fonts, and functions.
Deja Character Stats
- Adds more stats to the character panel, with customizable filters.
Elkano's Buff Bars
- Replaces the standard buff/debuff icons with ordered lists, including names and bar graph-style durations.
- World map enhancement which adds coordinates, icons, and more.
- Allows any part of the default UI to be moved around.
- A specialized radial menu style actionbar, very useful for condensing less frequently used spells that don't always need to be on your main bars.
- A specialized addon to track your group members' cooldowns.
- Makes your minimap sexy!
Shadowed Unit Frames
- Customizable player, target, and raid unit frames.
- Customize nameplates styles and add various information including buffs, debuffs and casting indicators
World Quest List
- Attaches a sortable list of active world quest lists, filtered by zone, to the edge of your map.
Combat and informational
BigWigs Bossmods - A lightweight, open source raid encounter addon.
Deadly Boss Mods - A more robust encounter addon for dungeons, raids, PvP, and more.
Details - A highly customizable damage and healing meter
Method Raid Tools
- Modular addon containing raid coordination tools for raid leaders and officers.
SimulationCraft - Simplifies simming your character by generating an in-game script to paste into SimCraft or Raidbots
WeakAuras2 - A very powerful addon that can display a massive variety of information including procs, casting indicators and raid boss warnings.
Of course, these recommendations are not the only useful addons out there; there are hundreds to choose from, of every type imaginable. If you're looking for something a little different, search through
to find the right Outlaw Rogue addons for you.
Our Outlaw Rogue guides are always updated with the latest information from in-game experience, simulations, and logs; make sure to check our changelog to this page, by clicking on
at the top of the page. If you are interested in more in-depth Outlaw Rogue guides for , make sure to browse the
below, and our list of
just beneath the
Table of Contents
Would you like to quickly find this guide using Discord? You can do it easily using
here to add Jeeves
to your Discord server.
Thanks for reading our class guides! If you have any feedback about the guides, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and we will reply as quickly as possible. If you'd like to talk with any of our writers directly you can do so by joining our
and finding them there!
Share your comments about this guide in our Rogue forum!
Enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, & support the site!