Our Guide Writers have given their thoughts on the updated Soulbinds on the Patch 9.1 PTR for Build 38312. Check out their opinions below!
New Kyrian Soulbinds - Guide Writer ThoughtsNew Necrolord Soulbinds - Guide Writer Thoughts
New Night Fae Soulbinds - Guide Writer ThoughtsNew Venthyr Soulbinds - Guide Writer Thoughts
9.1 is almost upon us, and with it, we get to enjoy four new rows of conduit choices for each soulbind. Some good, some bad, some... yeah.
I'll only cover Necrolord from a tanking perspective; my teammates from other specs will cover the rest.Marileth
Marileth's new rows give you the following:Suinteux de Kevin
All the throughput based traits depend on tuning and as such I've ignored their numbers for now. This is the first iteration and we'll probably see many changes before these hit live. Some of them are currently broken judging by the first raid testing results and are able to do way higher or lower throughput than the numbers suggest, anyway.
- Marileth, catalyseur de peste
Traînée visqueuse - I don't foresee this being particularly useful in PvE as there usually are enough tools to slow entities. Requiring to get hit by a snare isn't quite straightforward either.
- Manœuvres ondulantes - A small delay of damage taken while you're above 80% most of the time won't really do anything, but every now and then it might be part of the reason why you survived.
- Suinteux de Kevin - Every time you cast your Necrolord class ability, you gain a Suinteux de Kevin pet for extra damage and healing. The pet duration depends on the cooldown of your class ability as usual.
- Semelles boueuses - This might fit some encounters where you alternate between standing still and running, like the last phase of Mythic Carapace of N'Zoth. Not sure if it would be a pick over the added safety of Sutures résistantes though, as you can only pick one of them.
- Sutures résistantes - Being above 90% health once a minute isn't unlikely so you'll get decent usage out of this. A pretty nice periodic shield which makes you slightly tankier on top of Chair recomposée, never hurts to have.
- Éruption de pustules - This gives Chair recomposée some extra healing and damage, making the channel worth even more. I'm expecting this to be a decent trait with some variance as you need to be physically in range of injured people. The damage part might often hit nothing unless you're a melee healer.
- Œil du sculpteur - Some niche potential for healers, like in Mythic+ runs if you can keep the mastery rolling a little. The 5 second duration might be a little too little for that though as the mastery could just fall off before any healing is needed each pull.
- Cuirasse d’os éveillé - Also a little niche, but if you're a healer who generally does not DPS this will be a better pickup than Œil du sculpteur. I think this will be the better default option as you regularly get into situations where you have a few enemies around you, and go Œil du sculpteur instead if you can make good use of its mastery (or the encounter doesn't have enough enemies to trigger Cuirasse d’os éveillé).
- Équipement mnémonique - Some damage buff for yourself and allies. Could be a really nice pickup whenever you need that little bit of extra damage, depending on its tuning and what classes you proc it on.
Overall these are some great additions to the Necrolord soulbind options. Eméni
is straightforward with the new traits giving you some more survivability and healing, with the option for movement speed. The new Forge-os Heirmir
traits are less healing throughput oriented, but you can definitely make use of them and Marileth, catalyseur de peste
gets a little pet to help you out which isn't bad as he was missing some throughput.
When it comes to picking a soulbind, I'm expecting it to look similar as it does now. Eméni
or Forge-os Heirmir
for raiding and the choice between Eméni
and Marileth, catalyseur de peste
for Mythic+. None of the options are bad.