Post by vonnduven
If by PvP you mean doing BGs all day, then i guess any spec would be good, heavy afflic or demo would most likely be what you're looking for. Heck, try SM/Ruin.
I guess if you're gonna do 2v2 arena, find yourself a healer and go SL/SL
I'm not sure how necessary SL/SL would be in 3s or 5s, but i would rather go for a dps build for larger teams where i wouldn't be the main target.
Post by Dunsinane
Well, BGs are a bit more fun with a genuinely useful spec. Some of the more common ones:
41/7/11 +2 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Ii0rVRfkqtbobxZxx0z
- UA/Shadowburn. You're highly mobile, have a ton of useful instants and excellent CC. You run with the felhunter and make the lives of casters miserable, but you have problems with melee. After breaking the enemy healer/hunter line up time and again with instant Howls of Terror, you'll be focus-fired every time you show. Take it as a compliment.
5/43/11 +2 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVZbxczIizMIstxx0z
- Felguard. Soul Link and Demonic Resilience make you tougher to kill and the deeper talents in the demo tree make you hit hard. You have less utility than UA/Shadowburn, but in its place you're more effective against melee classes. While UA/Shadowburn likes to move, you like to sit back and blast away while your Felguard is in the middle of the fight wreaking havoc. Learn to manage your pet and get the best use out of Intercept. You're less effective against casters, and any other warlock can cause you a world of hurt with a single banish.
There are a number of other builds that you'll see, usually with less effectiveness than these:
- SL/SL. The warlock's survival build, designed for arena. It does less well in BGs due to the lack of damage talents.
- Nightfall/Backlash. The burst damage build. Backlash + Nightfall + Intensity + Conflagrate + Shadowfury + Ruin allows you to churn out a lot of damage in a hurry. It also eats through your mana like nobody's business and you're extremely squishy without the base talents in demo.
- Fire Destro. Make them burrrrrrn. Burst damage is good and fire allows your mana to hold out for a while longer. You're still a sit back and nuke type, however, and that doesn't tend to go over well in the BGs.