Post by Ironfingers
Hey. I got this big problem, what set is best for a hunter? Defias or Viper? And could you link any other items that would be good for a Hunter?? (No boe items as its a new started Hunter, no money).
Sadly, the developers ignored most of the Defias set when they were doing upgrades and buffed the hell out of the viper set. Even though the Viper sets bonuses are meant mainly for druids, the stats on a few of the Viper pieces can't be beat for hunters or rogues.
Your choices would be -
- Gloves of the Fanghttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=6467
- Deviate Gloves
- Leggings of the Fanghttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=6587
- Scouting Trousers of the Monkey - Put a Clefthide Patch on thesehttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=29534
- Clefthide Leg Armor
- Serpent's Shoulders
- Footpads of the Fang
Alternatively, you could pay an arm and a leg for Lynx Boots.. but why, when the Footpads are free?
- Forest Leather Bracers - put a stam enchant on these.
- Cloak of the Brotherhoodhttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=6449
- Glowing Lizardscale Cloak (You'll be in WC anyway)
- Belt of the Fang
You could also get a deviate scale belt, but it's the same stats (+3 spirit), and again.. why pay when fang is free?
Use the Defias chestpiece or the Tunic of westfall. Defias for PVP, westfall for PVE in my opinion.
- Venomstrike (Bow, WC drop)http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13136
- Little Timmy's Peashooter (World Drop, buy at AH - Gun)
These suggestions are partly made for a twink, but alot of it is WC drops. It'll also help you get an idea of what a hunter should be using. AGI, STAM, INT in that order until you get to 70 where sometimes that switches about.