Post by pelf
By request from people who are blocked from everywhere else (delete this if this is bad for some reason, I suppose):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------World of Warcraft Test Patch 2.3.0
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found athttp://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
The latest patch notes can always be found athttp://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/Zul’Aman
Zul'Aman is a 10-player, level 70 outdoor instance located in the
Ghostlands. Players will be able to confront six new bosses including
the Forest Troll Warlord Zul'jin.Guild Banks Introduced
The Guild Bank is a shared repository for an entire guild and will be
accessible through new NPC’s called guild bankers. The Guild Bank will
allow players with the appropriate permissions to store items and money
for use by the rest of the guild. Permissions to withdraw and deposit
money and items are controlled by the guild leader through the guild
controls menu. The Guild Bank is divided up into separate tabs so that
the guild leader may restrict access or group items into distinct
- Up to 6 purchasable tabs each containing 98 item slots
- Permissions to view/deposit/withdraw per tab
- You may use your Guild Bank withdraw limits to pay for item repairs
(now enabled on all merchants)
- Transaction logs of the last 50 actions in the bank viewable on a per
- Experience: The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been
decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of
experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and
- Expertise: We have added a new stat and associated rating called
expertise and expertise rating. Expertise rating converts to
expertise at the same rate that weapon skill rating formerly
converted at. Each point of expertise reduces the chance for your
attacks to be dodged or parried by 0.25%.
- Healing reduction effects will now affect all health drain spells and
abilities (e.g. Mortal Strike will reduce health gained from Drain
- Healing: Almost all items and enchantments that provide bonus
healing now also provide a smaller number (approximately 1/3) of
bonus spell damage. There are a few items and enchantments where this
was not possible, such as random-stat items and Zul'Gurub
enchantments, but this is now the case on virtually all other items.
- On Kill Effects: Items and abilities that trigger on killing an enemy
will no longer trigger on using an ability that kills your pet.
- Weapon Skill: All items and abilities that granted weapon skill have
been changed. In most cases, they were converted to expertise or
expertise rating. Ranged attacks do not benefit from expertise, so
ranged weapon skill has generally been replaced by critical strike
bonuses or hit bonuses. In a few cases, talents have been changed to
other effects to avoid granting players excessive amounts of
- A new flight path has been added to the Rebel Camp in northern
- Flying units can see ground units and vice versa at any altitude.
- Players no longer gain the moving AOE radius bonus if they are
- Client spell cast requests are now sent to the server even if your
player is already casting another spell. This eliminates the need
for /stopcasting in macros to compensate for latency.
- Vendor Discounts: All vendors with an associate faction now give
discounts at all levels above neutral.
Friendly: 5% discount
Honored: 10% discount
Revered: 15% discount
Exalted: 20% discount
- Quest givers who have available daily quests will have a blue
exclamation point instead of a yellow one.
- Pets will try to get behind their targets when engaging in melee
- Dwarf: Gun Specialization now increases chance to critically hit
with Guns by 1% rather than increasing weapon skill.
- Gnome: Escape Artist cooldown increased to 1 min, 45 sec.
- Troll: Bow and Thrown Specialization now increases chance to
critically hit with those weapons by 1% rather than increasing weapon
Daily quests have been added targeting a random battleground for that
day. Look for Alliance Brigadier Generals and Horde Warbringers near
your faction's battlemasters in all major capitals.
Dropping the Flag in a battleground will now result in a debuff that
will not allow you to pick up the flag again for 3 seconds.
Druids who are shapeshifted when they receive the Restoration buff
from battlegrounds will now correctly regenerate mana.
Players will now be able to cast spells for free in the Battleground
before it begins.
Players will now be able to cast spells for free for a few seconds
after being resurrected by a Spirit Guide in the Battleground.
Additional Warmasters no longer report for duty upon destroying an
enemy tower. However, destroying an enemy tower still eliminates
the associated opposing Warmaster.
All Warmasters are linked to each other and their respective
Generals and can no longer be pulled individually.
Honor from capturing towers has been increased.
All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search
for other battle opportunities.
Players will no longer be sent to their starting tunnels on death
unless that team controls no graveyards in the battleground.
Many NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds are no longer elite
Bonus Honor in Alterac Valley is now only awarded during the battle
for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Upon
conclusion of the battle, bonus honor is also awarded for intact
towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in the battle. The
total bonus honor awarded should be similar to the previous total.
The Horde and Alliance now have a limited number of reinforcements
available in the battle for Alterac Valley. The number of
reinforcements available is reduced upon player death, loss of
towers, and death of Captain Galvangar or Balinda Stonehearth. In
addition, all available reinforcements are lost upon the death of
General Drek'Thar or Vanndar Stormpike. If a team is reduced to
zero reinforcements, the opposing team wins the battle.
Towers and Graveyards in Alterac Valley are now captured in 4
minutes (down from 5).
Eye of the Storm
The points awarded from capturing the flag in Eye of the Storm is
now increase based on the number of bases the capturing team owns.
Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm
Additional bonus honor is now awarded upon conclusion of the