in your browser.
[Resto] Raid healing
Return to board index
I have a 79 shaman, dual-specced ele/resto.
I am having a ball healing instances, and am looking at running end-game as a raid-healing resto.
Now, I have a few strange questions:
1) 'Raid healers' heal everyone else but the tank. Since we're split into groups, would I only be in charge of keeping my 5-man group alive? How many would I typically need to heal?
2) Do Earth Shield and say, Power Word: Shield stack? Is there any way as a raid healer that I can chuck ES on one of the tanks.
3) If I stick a totem in my pants, will it help my troll stand straight?
In raids, you usually don't get assigned groups. Get a healing addon like Healbot (or whichever one you like), and you chain heal whoever's getting hit.
The way I do it is:
Earth shield the MT if there's no other shaman doing it (it does stack with PW:S), then either pick the Chain Heal method, or the Riptide + LHW + LHW method. CH is usually better if you know you'll do fights where all the people are tightly packed, Riptide + LHW for fights where you're spot healing like a paladin would and damage is kind of random single target (Razorscale in Ulduar is an example with single people getting hit by fireballs)
Cambo - Genx is correct for the most part. He seems to be referring more to 10 man than 25 man. I will attempt to answer questions both as a raid leader and a healer.
In 10 mans it largely depends on the type of team you are fielding, if you are two man healing the raid than there is no assigned heals, though if a paladin is with you he generally will be focusing on tank while you handle raid heals. However, if they are a good healer they will be healing everyone. If it's a 3 man healing team, than you have one person who generally just watches the raid while the other two focus more on the tanks (the easiest method though it leads to longer boss fights).
In 25 man, you will have 2-3 people who are straight tank heals, they don't watch anyone but the tank, and 2 people assigned to raid heals.
Now to answer your questions:
1. A "raid healer" is someone assigned to monitor raid wide damage and keep the dps and healers up. However, everyone heals the tank. When the tank takes damage, you heal him as well. A "raid healer" just has the larger responsibility of taking care of any aoe damage. Druids (instant casts and rolling hots) and Holy Priests (CoH and Renew) are the masters of massive raid wide healing. Shamans can play both roles relatively well.
2. You will always keep Earth Shield on a tank. It stacks with PW:S and should be applied before the last tick goes off. The difference between a tank with ES always on and one where it falls off is definitely noticeable. Generally it's assumed you will keep ES on the Main tank though if the offtank is going to take more damage than he gets the shield or when they have to switch taunt.
3. No, your troll is too small for the totem to take effect, and with it all hunched over like that it's a quite ineffective ;p.
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
Luraz, you are correct and I should have been more clear. I meant if the tank takes some serious damage you should make an effort to heal him instead of wondering if the tank healers got it or not. I generally hit the tank with riptide and Earthshield if I am raid healing, but when I see him drop below 50 percent I leave the raid to get the tank up unless it's a raid wide Decimating roar.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte