Fanbyte Weekly News Picks - Mortal Kombat Movie, Nintendo Direct, Apple Subpoenas Valve
23/02/2021 a las 06:30
Hey folks! This is Steven from
: the Wowhead sister site that covers a lot of stuff and games that aren’t World of Warcraft. We do our best to put funny, entertaining, and deeply informative spins on a lot of games you might already play (and probably some you don’t. On that note, Wowhead has asked us to provide some highlights of our favorite stuff throughout the weeks that might be of interest to readers like you.
With the addition of Imran Khan to the team, Fanbyte now has a full-time News Editor collecting more info for the crew. We thought we’d share his first end-of-week news collection with our sister site in place of a custom collection this week. So here’s a look at some of the biggest stories from the jam-packed past few days.
A ‘Prominent’ Japanese Studio is Reportedly Making a
– Team Bloober, the makers of The Medium and a recent Blair Witch game, hint that they’re working on a new Silent Hill title. VGC, however, reports that
is actually being developed by a prominent Japanese studio instead.
Movie Looks Like the Gross, Silly Fun You’d Expect
– A trailer for the new
movie showcases some color-muted ninjas, but a lot of dumb fun the series is known for. The movie is launching onto HBO Max (and, inexplicably, theaters) on April 16.
Here’s Everything You Missed From Nintendo’s Direct
– After nearly two years, Nintendo finally had a general Direct to some…mixed reception. The platform holder still had some big announcements, including a new Smash Bros. character, Splatoon 3, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD,
Project Triangle Strategy
, and more.
After Missing Launch,
is Coming to Next-Gen in March
– Originally supposed to launch with new consoles, the ill-fated
missed its next-gen upgrade by a few months. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions will finally release alongside DLC for new character Hawkeye, which will be free except for the time you spend caring about Hawkeye.
Sony Joins the ‘We Have Analog Drift and Also a Lawsuit’ Club
– Unfortunately for Sony, the expensive new Dualsense controllers for the PlayStation 5 may have some drift issues for some customers. A law suit has been filed on behalf of a Virginia plaintiff alleging that his controllers have already started to drift in the analog sticks and the law firm representing him is seeking to gather more clients for a class-action suit.
Valve Politely Asks To Be Left Alone After Apple Subpoena
– Apple has subpoenaed Steam store-owner and Dota 2 developer Valve for comprehensive sales data as part of Apple’s own legal battles with Epic Games. Valve supplied some data, to which Apple asked for more, and the Seattle-based company feels it has complied with everything that was asked of them and does not wish to be further involved.
Blizzcon 2021’s Opening Ceremonies Happened
– Virtual conventions may not be a great replacement for real ones, but virtual game announcements are just as good. In their online Blizzcon presentation, Blizzard revealed a
remake, new info for World of Warcraft and Hearthstone, a collection of 16-bit Blizzard classics, and weirdly relegated Overwatch 2 to panel jail.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
Writer Natsuko Ishikawa Is Writing
– In an interview with Naoki Yoshida, Featured Contributor Natalie Flores got confirmation that Ishikawa is penning the story for FFXIV‘s newly announced expansion,
. Ishikawa’s work on
is so praised that she received a standing ovation during a panel in 2019.
For more news from this past week, check out the rest of Fanbyte’s news section or follow us online
Obtén Wowhead Premium
para apoyar la web, ocultar los anuncios y disfrutar de funcionalidades Premium!
Mostrar 0 comentarios
Ocultar 0 comentarios
Inicia sesión para publicar un comentario
Escribir un Comentario
No has iniciado sesión. Por favor
entra a tu cuenta
registra una cuenta
para añadir tu comentario.