in your browser.
Destruction Warlock Macros & Addons Shadowlands 9.0.2 - Shadowlands 9.0.5
2021/03/09 at 1:19 AM
Macros and Addons provide many quality-of-life improvements in WoW, allowing players to improve how information is displayed in-game or automate decision-making to optimize performance.
In this guide, we will go over useful Destruction Warlock macros for , explain how to make your own macros, and cover some of the best Destruction Warlock addons for both hardcore raiders and general players alike. Whether you're looking for specialized Destruction Warlock macros to help you gain a competitive edge, or creating a custom user interface to expand your view of the game world, this page will help get you started with some of the most popular choices within the Destruction Warlock community.
For details on specific community tools and addons, please visit our
Macro and Addon Guide Section
NEW Best Covenant
NEW Twisting Corridors
NEW Night Fae
Rotation, Priority, and Abilities
Macros & Addons
NEW Castle Nathria Tips
About the Author
This guide is written and maintained by Loozy who plays a Warlock in the guild
on Kazzak EU. I began playing Warlock during Siege of Orgrimmar and have been raiding actively ever since. I became involved in guide writing during Legion where I took part in starting the website
Lock One Stop Shop
a website by Warlocks for Warlocks.
Macros and Addons
There are a few macros you may want to use when playing a Destruction Warlock. Here are some of the macros i use.
This macro makes your
mouseover which means you will be able to ressurect a member of your party or raid simply by mousing over them on your raid or party frames without having to change your target.
/cast Havoc; Havoc
This macro lets you cast
on the target you mouse over, if you do not mouse over anything it will be cast on your target instead.
/cast Summon Infernal
/cast Rain of Fire
These macros make your
Rain of Fire
automatically cast at your cursors location when you press the spell. This means you dont have to press the button and then select where you want to cast this spell.
/cast Channel Demonfire
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
This macro automatically switches between
Dark Soul: Instability
depending on what talent you have chosen.
How to make a macro
To open up the Macro menu, type "/macro" or "/m".
Choose between the "General" and Character-specific macro tabs. Then click on the "New" button on the macro window.
Choose a Name and an Icon so you can easily recognize your macro, then click on "Okay."
Select your macro's icon from the list at the top of the macro window, and then click in the text area below. Type or copy/paste your macro into the text area.
When you are finished, click the "Save" button, and to close the window, click "Exit".
Here are some of the addons I use and suggest you use as well. You can find all my profiles and settings for these on my
: BossMods are addons that show you timers for upcoming boss abilities and make noises if you stand in fire. You can choose between
Deadly Boss Mods
and BigWigs. I would recommend
Weakauras is an addon that allows you to track pretty much everything. One of the great things about weakauras is how easy it is to share your WeakAuras with other people. That also means you can very easily find WeakAuras for what spec or class you may be looking for. I suggest you go read the WeakAuras section of this guide to get some more information on this. You can also download my WeakAuras here.
are the perfect addons to let you check the damage you and your raid member do. These addons are also useful to track interrupts, dispels or deaths.
I would also recommend using a user interface or UI addon. The one I suggest using is called
. Elvui allows you to customize pretty much everything in your interface, you can download my ElvUI profile (for twitch subs) on my
- Very popular all-in-one UI overhaul.
- Highly customizable action bars which can be moved and organized however you like.
- Replacement chatbox addon, with custom themes, fonts, and functions.
Deja Character Stats
- Adds more stats to the character panel, with customizable filters.
Elkano's Buff Bars
- Replaces the standard buff/debuff icons with ordered lists, including names and bar graph-style durations.
- World map enhancement which adds coordinates, icons, and more.
- Allows any part of the default UI to be moved around.
- A specialized radial menu style actionbar, very useful for condensing less frequently used spells that don't always need to be on your main bars.
- Makes your minimap sexy!
Shadowed Unit Frames
- Customizable player, target, and raid unit frames.
- Customize nameplates styles and add various information including buffs, debuffs and casting indicators
World Quest List
- Attaches a sortable list of active world quest lists, filtered by zone, to the edge of your map.
Combat and informational
- A lightweight, open source raid encounter addon.
Deadly Boss Mods
- A more robust encounter addon for dungeons, raids, PvP, and more.
- A highly customizable damage and healing meter
Exorsus Raid Tools
- Modular addon containing raid coordination tools for raid leaders and officers.
- Threat meter
- Helps you find gear upgrades when combined with a string from SimulationCraft
- Simplifies simming your character by generating an in-game script to paste into SimCraft or Raidbots
- A very powerful addon that can display a massive variety of information including procs, casting indicators and raid boss warnings.
Of course, these recommendations are not the only useful addons out there; there are hundreds to choose from, of every type imaginable. If you're looking for something a little different, search through
to find the right Destruction Warlock addons for you.
Our Destruction Warlock guides are always updated with the latest information from in-game experience, simulations, and logs; make sure to check our changelog to this page, by clicking on
at the top of the page. If you are interested in more in-depth Destruction Warlock guides for , make sure to browse the
below, and our list of
just beneath the
Table of Contents
Would you like to quickly find this guide using Discord? You can do it easily using
here to add Jeeves
to your Discord server.
Thanks for reading our class guides! If you have any feedback about the guides, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and we will reply as quickly as possible. If you'd like to talk with any of our writers directly you can do so by joining our
and finding them there!
Share your comments about this guide in our Warlock forum!
Get Wowhead Premium
As little as
less than $1 a month
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte