Commander Durand can be found inside Scarlet Monastery inside the Cathedral (left portal).
A beta video explaining the fight:
What is that armor?
This boss drops
which shares the same model with the greatly missed
(this item was removed along with the blacksmith sword specialist trainers when Cataclysm launched).
EDIT: For those wondering, he is wearing
. The 3D model on a Human Male can be seen
. This set is craftable by blacksmiths ^-^
It seems likely that Renault Mograine is being replaced in MoP due to the
event in vanilla in which the wielder of the
took it to Renault in Sm and watched an event where Alexandros Mograine forgave his son, thus killing him. This may seem a bit late, but its the most likely reason as still Sally Whitemane remains in SM.
The "Tales of the past III" manchinima briefly skims over this in short detail.
This NPC is, along with high inquisitor Whitemane, the last boss in the renewed scarlet cathedral instance. He replaces the deceased commander Renault Morgraine who has been killed by his brother Darion (lorewise). The old scarlet crusade in the scarlet monastery was nearly wiped out, and of the former leaders only Whitemane survived by resurrecting herself after her death.
The fight is mainly the same like it was before MoP. You still have to kill Durand before Whitemane comes out to resurrect him. You then have to deal with both bosses at the same time. Durand himself has only two abilities:
- Flash of steel: Durand quickly attacks five random chosen targets. Every charged player takes about 60,000 damge (migitated by armor). Durand seems to deal this damage five times when he uses this ability, and a player can be selected more than once as a target for his strikes.
- Dashing strike: Durand charges at the position of a random player, dealing 60,000 damage to all players in his path. Simply spread out during the fight so that he will only hit one or two players.
What makes the fight interesting is Whitemane's appearance once Durand dies. She will attack you and once she reaches a certain percentage of health she will resurrect Durand with full health so that the party will have to deal with both of them at the same time. Whitemane has the following abilities:
- Smite: A basic cast which deals around 115,000 holy damage. Can be interrupted, but that's not necessary since there are more important spells you have to interrupt.
- Power Word: Shield: Places a holy barrier around herself or an ally (most likely Durand). Absorbs 75,000 damage and can be dispelled/spellstolen (not necessary because the damage limit that will be absorbed is reached after ~3 seconds).
- Heal: Heals herself or an ally for an huge amount of health. Try to interrupt it.
- Mass Ressurection: After 10 seconds Whitemane will resurrect all fallen scarlets in an 100 yard radius around her. It is necessary to interrupt it, otherwise you will be overwhelmed by a giant army of scarlets.
It's most important to focus on Whitemane and interrupt her healings and resurrection spell. When you kill her the rest of the fight will be very easy.
Good loot to all of you out there ;)
If you wipe, he doesn't respawn. Tried doing the And Stay Dead! achievement, we weren't aware of how hard the judicators hit and wiped. Tried everything to get him to respawn. Tried killing off the 1 person who lived to mass rez us. Tried leaving the chapel. Tried teleporting out and then back into the dungeon.
As of 5.0, in Heroic mode, DO NOT WIPE on this boss.
I'm not sure if this applies in every phase, or just phase 3- or if it happens in normal too- but our group wiped on Phase 3 in heroic, and upon getting back to her, she locked herself in the room behind the altar and wouldn't come out. We were forced to abandon the dungeon.
It seems an old, familiar Vanilla bug made its way back to Pandaria, though in a different form. If you try to kill Whitemane before she rezzes Durand, or else prevent her in any way from rezzing (that includes wiping to her before a rez is cast), you've basically
glitched the instance, which requires a dungeon restart on your part. Hopefully this gets fixed, soon. Screwed myself out of a sword drop not too earlier.
Our particular group glitched it by accident by killing Durand in the side corridor during an achievement attempt, so the long walk and LoS for Whitemane prevented her from casting her AoE mesmerize and rez and we wiped to the massive clusterscrew of mobs.
When farming for Silk Cloth and greens, I pulled all the mobs inside the cathedral, including Durand, and pulled them into the room at the end of the corridor with the large pile of corpses to get the casters as well with an AoE. However, when Whitemane ran out, I hit her, and she died. Neither of them dropped any loot this way. I've done the instance several times without pulling Durand, and Whitemane is usually invincible until she's ressurected Durand.
Seems to be bugged currently in the BfA pre-patch (only tried in heroic, not sure if normal's affected).
When you kill Durand the first time and get Whitemane to cast resurrection, his health bar re-fills but his character remains lying on the floor, and all you can do is reduce his health back down to 1 hp where it stays. You can kill Whitemane, but you can't loot her and you're stuck in combat and need to either drop combat, or run out of the instance if you can't.
Tested three times, no DoTs on Whitemane so I wasn't killing her early or anything. It didn't work once. I also let Whitemane cast Mass Resurrection (the one you can interrupt) just in case, but all that does is aggro a bunch of mobs.
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
—大检察官怀特迈恩重击当前目标，造成(100% of Spell power)点神圣伤害。
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our