Welcome to the latest World of Warcraft news and update roundup. Read on to learn what’s happening in the Shadowlands, Dragonflight, and WoW Classic.
Dragonflight News and Development
The World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Beta Test
The World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight beta test begins today! Over the course of the test, we’ll be inviting community veterans, press, fansites, and friends and family to check out the upcoming expansion and give us feedback. Learn more on how to get started here
World of Warcraft ®: Dragonflight HUD and UI Revamp
With the Dragonflight update, we’re making sweeping changes to World of Warcraft’s HUD and UI from the ground up. Our aim is to provide a clutter-free layout and allow players to customize their HUD to better fit their individual needs. Read more about these changes in our article
Dragonflight Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only)
- Dragonflight beta, upcoming balance druid changes
WoW Classic News and Development
The Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Pre-Patch Now Live!
Ominous portents gust in on icy winds blowing into Azeroth from the cold lands of Northrend. The Lich King’s undead forces are on the move, and heroes are needed once more to stem the tide of the Scourge before it’s too late. Read up on everything you need to know in our article
World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ - Building Death Knights
In this episode of Building Azeroth, Wrath of the Lich King® Game Director Tom Chilton and Principal Game Designer Kris Zierhut take us on a journey beyond the grave into the making of World of Warcraft’s first iconic hero class—the Death Knight. Watch the entire episode here
Wrath Classic Zone Guide: The Storm Peaks and Icecrown
Two ice-entombed zones, The Storm Peaks and Icecrown, beckon fearless champions on their journey to face the Lich King. Learn all you need to know to prepare yourselves to bring the fight to the Lich King and a stop to his vicious plans when you read our article
Classic Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only):
- Current developer thoughts and direction for some changes in future raid content of Wrath Classic
- Some engineering items won’t be usable in Wrath Classic Arenas
- Regarding the recent WoW Classic suspensions and policies for AFKing in Battlegrounds
Introducing Two New Events: Xy’mox’s Charity Cache and Solo Shuffle Showdown!
As we fly toward the release of Dragonflight, the WoW® Esports team is excited to announce two new events to showcase our incredible PvE and PvP communities. Learn more about these events here
Here are the latest hotfixes
that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
Get A Northrend Upgrade Before Your Journey to Icecrown
The frozen wastes of Northrend await you, hero! World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King® Classic™ launches on September 26, and the pre-expansion patch is now live. Details on getting some upgrades before you journey to Icecrown await you in this article
Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ and Get a Mount in WoW®
Complete the Death Knight starting experience in Wrath of the Lich King Classic and get a Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm mount in World of Warcraft. More details on how to get this mount can be found in our article.
Loading Screen Wallpapers Wallpaper: Darkmaul Citadel1860x2480
Wallpaper: Sanguine Depths1860x2480
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- Darkmoon Faire
The Darkmoon Faire is open for business! Meet Silas Darkmoon and his troupe, play games that test mind and nerve, and behold exotic sights from the four corners of Azeroth… and beyond!
Fated Raids: Sepulcher of the First Ones
- The Harvest Festival is a time to commemorate those who have sacrificed their lives to help friends and allies. Feasts are held outside Orgrimmar and Ironforge in honor of these fallen heroes.
Torghast: Unbridled Darkness
- The week, bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
PvP Brawl: Packed House
- Unbridled Darkness has been unleashed upon Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
The Burning Crusade Timewalking Dungeon Event
- We’ve put more PvP in your PvP! There’s nowhere to hide in Packed House as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle.
- While this event is active, players level 50 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from The Burning Crusade expansions.
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
PvP Brawl: Deep Six
- Fated Raids: Castle Nathria
This week, bosses in Castle Nathria are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
World Quest Bonus Event
- Deep Six pits teams of six players against each other in three iconic Battlegrounds: Warsong Gulch, Silvershard Mines, and Temple of Kotmogu.
- While this event is active, completing World Quests awards bonus reputation with the appropriate faction.
Beginning the week of September 19:
Fated Raids: Sanctum of Domination
- Pirates Day
Captain Demeza sails to the goblin town of Booty Bay and recruits land-lovers into her buccaneer ranks. Visit her or her henchmen in the capital cities if the pirate’s life is for you!
Battleground Bonus Event
- The week, bosses in Sanctum of Domination are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard
- While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at an increased rate. Glory awaits in the fields of battle!
- Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow.
- First celebrated by the dwarves, Brewfest now holds appeal among all the races of Azeroth! Visit the Alliance camp outside Ironforge or the Horde camp outside Orgrimmar, and join the party!
Check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!We can't wait to share more about exciting World of Warcraft experiences—keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com
for the latest news and follow us on Twitter