Welcome to the latest World of Warcraft news and update roundup. Read on to learn what’s happening in the Shadowlands, Dragonflight
, and WoW Classic. Hop on the boat with fellow adventurers well on their way to Northrend in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, get ready to soar the Dragon Isles skies when Dragonflight
arrives in November, grab the Winds of Wisdom buff, and more.
Dragonflight News and Development
Mark Your Calendars: The Journey to the Dragon Isles Begins November 28
Heed the dragons' call as their ancient homelands are revealed once more, beckoning adventurers and treasure seekers alike to unravel the many mysteries waiting for them. Learn more about World of Warcraft: Dragonflight,
including the global release schedule in our article
Season 1 and Raid Schedule Dragonflight
Season 1 goes live starting the week of December 12, bringing a new raid, an updated rotation of challenging Mythic+ dungeons, and a new PvP Season. Mark your calendars for the road ahead, and prepare to take on all new challenges. Full details can be found in our article
: Major Factions Overview Dragonflight
ushers in a unique way of experiencing outdoor progression with a system called Major Factions, boasting an additional way to experience the Dragon Isles and earn Renown ranks through Reputation. Learn more about this system in our overview
The Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff Now Live!
It’s a great time to return to World of Warcraft
, level a new character, or prepare for the Dragonflight
expansion as the Winds of Wisdom buff blows into Azeroth. Full details can be found here
Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only)
- Vault of the Incarnates Raid Testing Schedule is available
- Dragonflight Season 1 Class Set Updates
WoW Classic News and Development
Shatter the Ice: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Now Live!
The time has come to explore bone-chilling lands, storm Icecrown Citadel, and halt the Lich King’s baleful efforts once more. Read everything you need to know about the rerelease of the 2008 expansion in our article
Wrath Classic: Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity, and Obsidian Sanctum Now Live!
Steel your hearts, denizens of Azeroth, for the time has come to take the fight to the Lich King’s minions and unite the dragonflights of Azeroth in Wyrmrest temple under one banner. Gather your friends and venture into the first three raids of Wrath of the Lich King, available now. Full details can be found in our article
WoW Classic Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only)
- Battle for Undercity Development Retrospective
- Savage and Hateful Gladiator’s weapons to be added to Savage and Hateful gear vendors
Esports Welcomes the Lich King’s Return!
With the release of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic™, it is time for more WoW® Esports events! We are excited to showcase our first raid event for the Classic community in the Undying Challenge and a return to the Classic Arena Tournament for our amazing PvP community. Learn more about these events here
Here are the latest hotfixes
that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
Beta Key Giveaways Are Here!
beta is in full swing. For the next several weeks, dozens of content creators will provide various ways to access beta keys. More details can be found in our official news post
Available for Pre-Order: Wield the Power of Frostmourne
The most powerful runeblade currently known to exist, Frostmourne has long been the instrument of destruction wielded by the mighty Lich King. Now you can add this legendary sword to your collection. For details, read our article
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
Fated Raids: Castle Nathria
- Darkmoon Faire
Meet Silas Darkmoon and his troupe, play games that test mind and nerve, and behold exotic sights from the four corners of Azeroth… and beyond!
Torghast: Beasts of Prodigum
- This week, bosses in Castle Nathria are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
PvP Brawl: Comp Stomp
- Beasts of Prodigum have been unleashed up Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
Shadowlands Dungeon Event
- Jump into Arathi Basin for a head-to-head battle against AI opponents.
The Great Gnomeregan Run
- While this event is active, the final boss of each Shadowlands dungeon awards an extra item when defeated.
- Join the Gnomes as they celebrate their unrelenting moxie! Race across the Eastern Kingdoms, from Gnomeregan down to Booty Bay!
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
Pet Battle Bonus Event
- Fated Raids: Sanctum of Domination
This week, bosses in Sanctum of Domination are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
PvP Brawl: Deepwind Dunk
- While this event is active, your pets will earn experience at triple the usual rate! Get out there and battle!
Timewalking Dungeon Event: Wrath of the Lich King
- Can you even dunk? If you want to win this brawl, you will need to work on your skills because Dunkball has come to Pandaria.
- While this event is active, players level 50 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.
Beginning the week of October 17:
PvP Brawl: Shado-Pan Showdown
- Fated Raids: Sepulcher of the First Ones
This week, bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
Timewalking Dungeon Event: Cataclysm
- Step into Tiger’s Peak Arena and race for control of a center control point to activate one of two bosses. The first to kill the other team’s boss wins!
- While this event is active, players level 50 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Cataclysm expansion.
- Hallow’s End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Fun and mischief reign as the Innkeepers of Azeroth give treats, and tricks, to those who ask.
Check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!We can't wait to share more about exciting World of Warcraft experiences—keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com
for the latest news and follow us on Twitter