The Ring of Blood - Gurgthock and Wodin are Ready to Rumble in Dragonflight!
This week's Dragonflight alpha build takes us to Ohn'ahran Plains, an area home to many centaur clans and ancestral home of the Green Dragonflight. We are not the only visitors to the Dragon Isles, and while questing through this zone, we ran into a couple of familiar faces - Gurgthock and Wodin the Troll-Servant have returned to host another Ring of Blood in Dragonflight!
WARNING: DRAGONFLIGHT STORY SPOILERS AHEAD!
First introduced in Burning Crusade, Gurgthock is a Goblin players could meet in Nagrand, organizing the Ring of Blood, a series of matches against extremely difficult opponents. The arena organizer has since shown up in Zul'Durak in Northrend, the Twilight Highlands in Cataclysm, Kun-Lai Summit in Pandaria, alternate-timeline Nagrand in Warlords of Draenor, and Freehold in Battle for Azeroth.
With its vast, grassy fields, Ohn'ahran Plains actually reminds us quite a bit of Nagrand, so it feels particularly fitting to meet Gurgthock here. As before, he's organizing an arena event, and players can compete against a series of opponents for the grand prize - currently an ilvl 232 weapon.
At the moment, the current lineup is as follows:
- Maneet, Terror of the Swamp - a river beast.
- Nightrot, a Gnoll's "freaky creation".
- Ceeqa the Peacetalker, a Djaradin who's "not quite as angry as his kin".
- Taresh and Sherath, the Twin Dreamers, a pair of green dragonkin volunteers.
- A Primalist champion, randomly chosen from several elemental proto-dragons with names like Gethrel of the South Wind or Veshrak of the North.
- The final round is against Huntmaster Amaa, a centaur and the current champion of the pit, along with Hihveer, her eagle companion.
[Enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, & support the site!]
[Show 0 Comments]
[Hide 0 Comments]
[Sign In to Post a Comment]