The comp double DK (mostly Frost) and Protection Paladin is insanely strong mainly due to the fact it can counter most other comps.
Against double melee, while staying on the enemy healer, you are able to affect the whole enemy team with double their usual cooldown recovery thanks to 凛冬帷幕
. It is also quite easy to stick to the enemy thanks to double grip.
Against casters, you have two 反魔法领域
that can nullify their kill attempts, as well as a large amount of immunities. Death Knights also excel in self sustain against burst damage thanks to 灵界打击
. So the offhealing potential of a Protection Paladin is enough to keep them alive.
Protection Paladin is overall similar to an offensive type healer, we have less overall healing but more immunities as well as shutdowns (silence, knockbacks, as well as having an Interrupt). This is really helpful for your kill attempts when you combo double 死灵光环
into double 寒冰联结
since you can shut down the healer during that time.
Playing double Unholy is also really strong, but weaker against melee since you might have survival issues. However stronger against casters if they really attempt to avoid 寒冰联结
Strats that seem to work wellRogue / Mage / Healer
Against this, focus on the healer. Your team will have enough immunities and survival to outlast their burst attempts (if you use them right) You will also be able to lockdown the enemy healer and force defensives thanks to all your interrupts. This was one of the easier comps to face.Warlock / Caster / Healer
Against this, Unholy worked much better than Frost. No matter how your setup is, splitting one Death Knight on each enemy caster is great to reduce their pressure. Your strategy in this case is to make the enemy healer go OOM, or find opportunities when you can all shift onto one target and kill it while enemy healer is in a stun - silence chain. Melee / Melee / Healer
This can be harder depending on the enemy DPS, if they are cooldown reliant or not. The usual strat is to go on the enemy healer but be ready to do sudden shifts onto the DPS incase the enemy team is peeling too much, or you are unable to keep up momentum (or if they are a ghost wolf shaman)
I won't be able to list every tactic against every comp, and it will differ a lot depending on the enemy teams playstyle. A lot of teams can get confused facing a double DK / prot pala team and be unsure who to target etc, use this to your advantage.
(I will obviously not list our weaknesses here)
Try out-zerging the enemy healer in most scenarios and see what works and what won't work for you! Make sure not to get locked onto one strategy all the time since at different ratings people might become better at countering a certain strat.
Running out of space but quick notes:
- 冲突与斗争 Major (horse knockback) is really great, making you immune to future CC while on your horse. Good if you stack versa.
- 永生之触 Major (secondary life) really good if it is a fast game. Resets the Cooldown on your 被遗忘的女王护卫 (immunity).
- 被遗忘的女王护卫 is a good talent but not a must. It is usually CCed really quickly. If you focus your own survival, go without the talent.
- 美德之盾 REALLY good.
- 纯洁审判 healing / inquisition dmg.
- 神圣之地 is good against enemy slows if you rush healer. Good paired with 圣洁之地 against melee.
- 神圣职责 with 破咒祝福 great against casters.
- 正义保护者 if you need survival
- great offense
- 冲突与斗争 (must) for 寒冰联结 / 死疽打击
- 鲜血灌注 for survival
- 凛冬帷幕 for shutdown on enemy CDs (培育憎恶 for UH)
- 死灵光环 for damage or 反魔法领域 for your team's survival against casters.
- 神智不清 (frost) vs MW monk (1 min roll CD).
- 天灾契约 good as a "panic" button, Unholy 噬法者 for CC immunity.
- 窒息 mostly for additional CC.