- General feedback: questions about flexibility, variety, and usability between the original talent tree vs. talent tree with rows vs. the modern now current talent tree.
- Interface feedback: questions about how easy the interface itself was to understand including:
the available points
- the PVP area
- knowing that some abilities require 2 points to progress
- if the point gates were obvious to get to another row
- if it was easy to tell how to get into War Mode
Asked opinion on only having 10 loadouts available per character, shared among specs.
Asked if it was obvious that squares were active abilities, circles were passive abilities, and hexagons were choices.
Asked about the usability for battleground, arena, dungeon, raid, and world for each spec.
Asked opinions on not being able to change talent builds in M+.
Asked which classes and specs the respondent had used the modern talent trees for.
Asked which specs the respondent wanted to comment on followed by:
- Approximately 15 pages of survey content for each spec with a 5 point Likert scale for each sub-question in most cases
- Questions about whether there was more/less variety compared to previous talent systems,
- Questions about whether there were more/fewer choices for a viable build
- Questions about whether there were too many/few choices for actual talents
- Questions about if there were too many/too few 2-point abilities.
- Request for a list of 5 abilities the respondent is most excited about.
- Request for a list of 5 abilities the respondent dislikes.
- 500-character open comments at the end of each section.
General closing feedback on the talent system.