We’re writing to you because you purchased one of the limited-edition World of Warcraft Charity Server Blades made available through the Blizzard Gear Store in September 2019—and over the past few weeks, it’s come to our attention that some of them may have been damaged in transit.
If you received one of these damaged blades, we’d like to offer our sincere apologies; we know you were looking forward to receiving this piece of World of Warcraft history, and we regret any disappointment we may have caused when your item arrived in an unacceptable condition.
To help set things right, we’d like to present a couple of different options. Please take a moment to review them, and—if you haven’t already submitted a request with Blizzard Gear Store customer support—reach out to us by March 31, 2020 to let us know which option you’d prefer:
- If the actual server blade hardware was damaged, you’re eligible to receive a complete replacement free of charge*. We will send you a return shipping label so you can send the complete damaged item back to us. Your replacement will be sent once we receive the damaged blade and the replacement is available.
- If the plexiglass cover or stand was damaged, we will send a new cover or stand free of charge. In this case, you do not need to send anything back to us.
- If you would instead prefer to receive a refund for your damaged item, we will send you a return shipping label so you can send the complete damaged item back to us for a refund.
If you’d like to move forward with a replacement or refund, and you have NOT already placed a request through the Blizzard Gear Store, please follow the instructions below by March 31, 2020.
- Log in to the Order History section of the Blizzard Gear Store: https://gear.blizzard.com/us/sales/order/history/
Please be sure to use only this direct link; our Gear Store changed recently and any other links will point you to the new storefront where your order won’t appear
- Locate your order for the Charity Server Blade and click View Order.
Your order number is .
- Click Return in the top right.
- Fill out the dropdown boxes appropriately, and then use the Add Comments section to tell us:
Whether there is damage to the plastic cover, the server blade itself, or both components
- Please be as clear and thorough in your initial request as possible, as this will help get you the right materials.
- Click Submit Return.
- Your return will be visible from the My Returns page.
Please note that due to the custom nature of the plexiglass covers and the time needed to remanufacture them, it may take up to approximately 15 weeks for shipment.
*With the limited-edition nature of the server blades, replacement quantities are limited, so please reach out to us as soon as possible if you received damaged server hardware. We’ll replace on a first-come, first-served basis or otherwise provide refunds. As there are two very similar types of blades, the replacement may be a slightly different size and configuration from the one you originally received.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for your support and understanding.
The World of Warcraft Team