Meta and Achievements
Your First Duel:
Your First Win:
Win 3 Duels without leaving
Defeat each class in a Duel
Original Blizz Post:
With the introduction of the Dueler’s Guild in Battle for Azeroth, we’re kicking the experience of the simple duel up a notch. Get ready to put your skills to the test against fellow duelists from your own faction, earning a few achievements, a title, a tabard, and (of course) bragging rights along the way.
Players at level 120 who have War Mode enabled will be able to queue for a Dueler’s Guild battle at the Bouncers (Alliance) or Troll Guards (Horde) in the War Headquarters for their faction, located in Boralus and Zuldazar respectively. Each headquarters is indicated on the map (M) with the Alliance symbol or the Horde symbol. (This is also where you’ll collect your War Chest for your efforts in certain PvP activities during the week.) Once you’ve queued, a buff will be placed on you showing your place in the queue.
- lvl 120 Players who have War Mode enabled
- Alliance –
- Horde – The
Once in the queue, you can move around the area around the War Headquarters a little—just don’t go too far, or you could lose your spot in the queue. But you can still observe the duelists in action. Speak to
in The Mugambala if you’re Horde or to
if you’re Alliance to spectate and keep an eye on all the carnage while you wait.
Once it’s your turn to battle, you’ll need to beat three opponents consecutively to earn the achievement
. Completing this achievement along with
will award the achievement
and the title of .
You’ll be able to buff (and get buffs) to prepare for your matches before you begin your duel, but
it’s important to note that cooldowns will NOT refresh with each opponent you face
. When you win a match, you’ll only have a short period of time before you face your next opponent. After you’ve defeated three opponents, you’ll be removed from the dueling arena for the next contenders to take center stage.
Worked on this achievement yesterday and a couple things of note that are different/might be bugged/or of note on live realms.
1) If you win three matches in a row for the achievement "Prize Fighter" your third win will teleport you out of the arena and that third win will
count towards your total wins for Slugfest/Contender/Dueling Master.
2) 110s were able to queue into the duels and fight along side 120s. They also appeared to count towards the achievement.
3) It seems you must be in the same shard to queue up against someone in a duel. You do however need to be in Warmode for this to work.
4) Being in the same group didn't matter and you could remained grouped while dueling.
5) Frost mages we're able to able to actually kill opponents in duels by what appeared to be icicles continuing to fire at the person once the duel had ended.
6) There is no debuff for killing the same person over and over in duels for the achievement. Minus the fact every third kill in a row doesn't count towards your total.
7) There is no timer on the fight so a stealthed person can make the fight last forever.
Edit: Clarified Warmode needs to be on and added point 7.
nice achievement that you have to stag with a friend because its dead empty and nobody plays this
This is going to be a difficult one since nobody is around ever. Like....ever. Not even on weekend nights are people around to queue for this. I think it is a cool concept, but it isn't advertised well, so maybe if Blizzard gives some more incentive this could become a cool achievement, but as of right now, it is almost impossible to achieve.
There is a minor bug with this achievement that will slow it down, but there is a workaround.
For every victory you get a buff called
, when you get 3 stacks of this debuff you are automaticly dequeued and for some reason this 3rd win does not count for the achievement counter. To bypass this you simply remove the buff after every 2 wins and queue again manualy.
take one friend and you can just /forfeit with under 10 on the timer and it will still count. easy points
As of 9.2.5, you can get a friend and cheese this. Both of you queue up for the duel with the Rastari Guard, when it teleports you into the arena, the duel will start counting down from 15, if you have the Champion buff, you can click it off and that will make you forfeit the match giving the win to your buddy. Trade off like this and you can get to 50 in no time. (you do not need to wait for the countdown to reach 1 to click off buff)
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our