September 20, 2021 Achievements
Dungeons and Raids
- The 9.1 world achievements On the Offensive and Breaking the Chains are now properly account-wide. Completing Breaking the Chains should properly award the Hand of Salaranga mount.
- Sanctum of Domination
Reduced the distance between floor spike gaps during Stage Two on Mythic difficulty.
Developers’ note: The distance between safe locations should now be more consistent with this change.
Shadowsteel Chains periodic damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty. Fatescribe Roh-Kalo
- Updated the rune locations to be more consistent with clockwise rotations and slightly less demanding with counterclockwise rotations on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
- Players now have an additional 10 seconds on Raid Finder difficulty, 10 seconds on Normal difficulty, and 5 seconds on Heroic difficulty to realign their fate.
- Kel’Thuzad health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
- Remnant of Kel'Thuzad health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- Unstoppable Abomination health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- Soul Reaver health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- Frozen Destruction’s initial damage reduced by 40% on Mythic difficulty.
- Frozen Destruction’s damage over time effect reduced by 10% and the duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where Kel'Thuzad would cast abilities during Howling Blizzard on Mythic difficulty.
- Howling Blizzard now inflicts stacking damage over the duration of the channel on Mythic difficulty.
Developers' note: As we saw the community strategies for defeating Kel'Thuzad on Mythic difficulty settle on a preferred approach that involved long stretches of time stalling, waiting for cooldowns to come back up, we started exploring ways of changing the encounter so that this no longer felt required. Players have been clear from the outset that this was frustrating and tedious gameplay, or lack thereof. But we also wanted to be careful to avoid increasing the difficulty of the encounter or introducing other issues and force guilds to re-learn the encounter. We internally tested a few different approaches, including just bypassing the waiting period by resetting cooldowns like we would at the start of an encounter (a portion of which was recently seen on the 9.1.5 Public Test Realm), but testing indicated that this benefited some specs much more than others, and caused worry that groups reaching the encounter now would feel pressure to stack those specs for an easier time. The changes we've settled on aim at making it impossible to stall indefinitely, while reducing the difficulty of key elements of the encounter to make it no longer feel required.
The Necrotic Wake
- Domination Arrows health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Dark Sentinels health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Curse of Lethargy base duration reduced to 4 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 6 seconds).
- Decrepit Orb Detonation damage reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Veil of Darkness radius during Stage Two reduced to 12 yards on Mythic difficulty (was 15 yards).
- Banshee's Fury unavoidable damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Ranger's Heartseeker, Banshee's Heartseeker, and Banshee's Blades damage reduced by 8% on Mythic difficulty.
- Resolved an issue which could cause Ruin to unintentionally fail to inflict damage.
- Surgeon Stitchflesh
Fixed an issue that caused the first Stitchflesh’s Creation to not increase its applications of Festering Rot.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused two Stitchflesh’s Creations to be summoned in quick succession.