So far on the Shadowlands
beta, we don't have answers to any of these questions but we do have hints how they will continue:
- Anduin is imprisoned in the Maw and while we rescue Baine, Thrall, and Jaina--it's too dangerous to rescue him.
- Turalyon sits on the throne which creates tension in datamined dialogue if he or Greymane is more worthy of the throne.
- Tyrande's story will continue in Ardenweald and we've datamined some story hints. It looks like Tyrande will try to free the Night Elves from Teldrassil trapped in the Maw, and we'll meet past Night Warriors from other realms, who may have some insights into this unstable power.
- Nathanos is an outdoor boss on the beta, and his encounter ends with a mysterious cinematic.
- Blizzard hasn't been the greatest at diversity and representation in the past, but they seem committed to doing a better job in Shadowlands, through actions like changing your gender at the barbershop, adding diverse character customization options, and updating guards and city NPCs. This past week alone Blizzard included a thoughtful dialogue on identity from the trans character Pelagos and we also learned that the Flynn / Shaw relationship was a mandated plot point by the company. It's a good step for LGBT+ representation to see Flynn and Shaw end up in a happy relationship, instead of feeding into the Bury Your Gays trope, but more casual representation is needed across Azeroth.