Thanks to all your generous donations to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), we’ve reached the $500,000 USD goal and Bananas, the Monkey has been unlocked to everyone playing modern World of Warcraft.
You can make a difference in the global response to COVID-19 by taking part in the World of Warcraft® Charity Pet program. Your donations will go directly to support the medical humanitarian aid organization Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and can help toward gifting two battle pets to the World of Warcraft community.
How it Works
We’ve made a change to how our Charity Pet program works and during this campaign, you’ll be able to donate* any amount you wish directly to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Between today and April 26, 2021 (or upon reaching our stretch goal), all donations will contribute to the MSF COVID-19 Crisis Fund to support the organization’s global response to the pandemic and its consequences (donations will be collected by MSF-USA.)
We’ll be tracking your donations and once a goal of $500,000 USD has been reached, we’ll make Bananas, the Monkey available for everyone† playing modern World of Warcraft** as a thank you, whether you were able to donate personally or not.
In addition, if we reach a stretch goal of $1 Million USD, everyone will receive a second pet, Daisy the sloth. She’s an all-new pet that you can carry with you everywhere you go right on your back!
Born on an island off the coast of Stranglethorn Vale, little Bananas is a son of King Mukla, a fierce leader of Skymane Gorillas. Luckily, Bananas fell far from the tree and his gentle disposition makes him an ideal travel companion who will brighten your days on Azeroth and beyond.
Meet Daisy, one of the most ponderous sloths in all of Azeroth. In between battles, take it easy and appreciate the world at her pace. When adventure calls again, simply /beckon, and she’ll happily hitch a ride hanging from your shoulders.
How to Donate
- Navigate to the MSF DonorDrive site and select the “Donate To This Event” button at the top of the page.
- Fill in your Donation Amount and select your currency type from the drop down next to it.
- For USD only—Choose PayPal, Amazon Pay, or credit card as payment method.
- For all other currencies click "Next" and enter credit card billing and payment information.
- Click "Pay" to process your donation.
Return to the page as often as you like to keep tabs on the goal progress or to donate as many times as you like.
Additionally, players can rally their friends and communities by creating a fundraising page and streaming on Twitch. Content creators can set milestones to inspire their community, track contributions, and message their donors. Go to the MSF DonorDrive site and click the “Register Now!” button (top right) to register your stream and check out the MSF streaming guidelines and toolkit here.
About Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and human-made disasters, and exclusion from health care in more than 70 countries. Teams provide lifesaving medical assistance to people who need it most, regardless of race, religion, or political affiliation.
About the COVID-19 Crisis Fund:
In the face of the unprecedented global crisis of the coronavirus pandemic, MSF has created the COVID-19 Crisis Fund.
The fund aims to raise urgently needed money for the MSF emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its consequences. The fund also enables supporters to designate their donations as contributions restricted specifically towards this global effort. Money raised through the fund will support MSF’s COVID-19 response activities worldwide, including program costs related to treating people with COVID-19, and addressing the impacts of the pandemic on MSF regular programs.
The objectives of the MSF global response to COVID-19 are to:
- Stop, slow down, or delay transmission of the virus
- Provide care for patients (particularly the seriously ill)
- Minimize the impact on health systems and communities
- Spread information on infection prevention measures and risks
- Enhance water, hygiene, and sanitation supplies and activities
- Provide palliative care for the most seriously ill patients in contexts with limited resources
A majority of funds will be used or go towards:
- The acquisition of supplies such as oxygen for patients and personal protective equipment for staff
- The creation of isolation zones in MSF and non-MSF health structures such as clinics and hospitals
- Staff training on handling and treatment of people with COVID-19
- Implementing infection prevention and control measures – including, triage and patient referral, among other activities
Your generosity to the MSF COVID-19 Crisis Fund will enable urgently needed medical care and support in more than 70 countries to counter the new coronavirus disease.
*Donation amount excludes processing fees, chargebacks, refunds, and value added taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes paid.
†Requires World of Warcraft.
** Bananas and Daisy will be available to claim on your Blizzard Battle.net account within a few business days of meeting respective donation goals for a limited time through August 1, 2021. Pet not available in World of Warcraft® Classic or World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade® Classic. Daisy will remain available for purchase in the Blizzard Shop or from the in-game shop August 2, 2021.