BlizzConline 2021 World of Warcraft Q&A Recap
20/02/2021 à 13:54
The World of Warcraft Q&A for Shadowlands has begun. We'll be liveblogging the Q&A and recapping the answers for the upcoming Chains of Domination Patch!
to discuss BlizzConline and get the
for all BlizzConline 2021 news alerts!
World of Warcraft Q&A
Uther Looking at Anduin
As Anduinn walks past Uther, Uther recognizes the power that is controlling Anduin, it resonated with his wound.
Sylvanas Raid Boss
Sylvanas fight will be one of the most epic fights ever made in WoW, it will include elements from all her story, from Ranger-General to Banshee, it will all play a part in it.
When moving to Classic to TBC, when doing a clone what will happen with my chracter items and gold?
When servers come down before pre-patch, characters will be snapshotted. When servers are back, players will need to choose what to do. If you choose to play TBC, you will just log in and continue to play. If you choose to stay in Classic Era, you will instead need to open the Classic Era client and play there. Realms will exist in both TBC and Classic Era, so there will be a Wyrmrest Accord in TBC and Classic Era. After selecting Classic Era, you may pay a fee to have your character, gold, and items, exist in both TBC and Classic Era servers.
How will high population numbers be handled in TBC classic? Small zones and funneling everyone.
- There's a desire to recapture contested spawns.
- But they also want to make sure to experience is enjoyable.
- They have made optimizations to make sure that things are more stable like AQ
- Just like Classic, they'll take a look at specific issues like Black Lotus
Any more Race / Class Combinations?
- Player agency and choice are a major theme of the expansion and especially in customization.
- Something they want to maintain is differences.
- They've periodically gone back and looked at race/class combinations. For now, they think they've gone far enough but never say never.
What happened to the Archon?
- She does survive this attack.
- Talking with Terran Gregory, they wanted to include some indication that she's alive in the cinematic so you see her hand move.
Do you plan to address the faction imbalance soon?
- This is something that we talk about a lot, especially at the high end of the Mythic+ and raid scene.
- This is something that has been a growing issue.
- Originally it was a couple racial issues in previous expansions, but right now the racials are balanced and arguably the Alliance are more powerful but now the issue is the social dynamics and will need a social solution.
- It is a top priority for us but nothing to announce right now.
- We have asked where does the edges of the faction lie. We have mercenary mode already but they want to make sure that Identity and faction matter so that when someone asks at BlizzCon to support your faction, there's still that identity.
- Across the game as a whole, factions are balanced, but in the key social activities like Mythic+ or raiding, it's imbalanced.
Will your name be reserved on your Classic server if you play TBC?
- It'll be a snapshot when the servers go down.
- If you decide to do a clone, you'll have that name in both eras but they might have a system that allows a way to resolve the same name.
There seems to be a mass exodus to high population realms. Are there more plans for connected realms?
- They have a tool that looks at every realm, allowing them to look at popularity and faction balance for data.
- Launching Shadowlands was the top priority.
- Shadowlands had huge effects on populations, so they wanted to wait until after launch before making anything desires.
So will Horde and Alliance never be able to raid or Mythic+ together?
- I would never say never.
- It's important to retain Horde and Alliance identity.
- But at the end of the day, World of Warcraft is about playing with your friends.
- Alliance can already fight Alliance in arena.
Will the amount of Anima be increased later? Will Covenant Sanctums upgrades be increased account-wide?
- They've been tuning anima drops from Raids and dungeons.
- They're overall looking at the costs, but the cosmetics are account-wide like cosmetics usually are.
- The progression is intended to span all of Shadowlands.
Will we see Denathrius again?
- Similar to Bwonsamdi, it's part of a community reaction as Bwonsamdi was brought back because of how much the community liked him.
- He was meant to have a small role, and they heard the voice actor's performance, loved the character, and kept him alive to keep his story open for more!
- There may be allies of his that may be interested in liberating him from his grasp.
When will we see more Heritage Armor?
- They're definitely coming and are excited to share them with the community.
Do you have any plans to bring the AH to the mobile app?
- Not as you know it. There was a lot of automated systems that was used.
- However, they recognize it as a convenience factor, where you could buy things off the action house when you had limited time.
- There were very few using the mobile app as intended.
Will there be more character customizations in Shadowlands?
- No more character customizations in Shadowlands.
What are the Actual Requirements for flying in Shadowlands?
- Pathfinder will not require reputation and will require just the completion of the Covenant campaign.
- You cannot fly from zone from zone. These are not zones that are not next to each other.
- If you auto flew between zones, it would probably take you between 30 and 40 minutes.
- You can fly immediately at level 50 once you unlock Pathfinder.
In TBC Classic will there be the possibility of class tuning?
- Broadly no. We want to keep the authentic behavior of Burning Classic there with the final version of Burning Crusade.
- It's the most tuned and gave the original developers the most times to get things right.
- Other than the Seals, not much else.
Will there be new Torghast Anima Powers for later patches?
- Yes, all throughout Shadowlands.
- Tuning ongoing on the 9.0.5 PTR.
- There will be new powers in Patch 9.1 Chains of Domination.
How does time work between Shadowlands and Azeroth
- There's a number of characters in which it seems like time does not have much meaning.
Would you ever consider bringing back 10-man content?
- When it comes to raid content, all of it is technically 10 player content. But they understand some players want small group Mythic.
- They currently think the 5 player megadungeons fills the role of 10 man content.
Will summoning stones come in TBC at launch?
- Yes they will be available at launch.
What's Bolvar up to and where is his story going?
- It was one of the fun things about Shadowlands, getting Bolvar back into the action.
- There was a price to pay for those Visions when he peered into what was going on with Sylvanas and Anduin.
- He was be at the forefront in Chains of Domination.
How will PvP Titles work in TBC with no Battlegroups?
- The original battlegroups was because of original restrictions, preventing play across battlegroups.
- This meant that only 13 people had the title in NA.
- Since this restriction no longer exists, they plan to award it to a small % of people at the very top. More than 1 person, but a top select few.
- Arena seasons in TBC might be coming a phase earlier than announced yesterday.
Could Teldrassil be rebuilt again?
- The devastation to Teldrassil was definite and there were a lot of lives lost there. That's not something they want to reverse on a whim.
- The story of what the Night Elves went through there -- being funneled into the Maw -- is not yet done.
- Someone who is very involved with that story is Tyrande Whisperwind.
Will there be fresh Classic servers in addition to TBC?
- We won't be launching any fresh start servers.
- We're got our eyes on that and discussing that after launch of TBC.
How do you get the Wandering Ancient mount?
- They wanted to give a gift back to all players, so the art team brainstormed some cool ideas and put it to a vote.
- The winner was the Wandering Ancient, so the only requirement is that you have to have Shadowlands
- The Wandering Ancient will go live in Patch 9.0.5, next month!
Obtenir Wowhead Premium
À partir de
moins d'2€ par mois
pour profiter d'une expérience exempte de publicité, débloquer les fonctionnalités Premium et supporter le site !
Afficher les 0 commentaires
Masquer les 0 commentaires
Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire
Poster un commentaire
Vous n'êtes pas connecté(e). Veuillez vous
pour ajouter votre commentaire.