Post by Eostare
Please comment on my intended tanking build:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jcxZGxxtIcb0hRVosxcg
It's intended for AoE tanking in a raid group with a shaman putting down windfury totem.
Post by Saac2408
Hey all I am kind of new to this whole.. uh thing.http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=2055000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000230200335023100203150203133151
Can someone make a couple comments on that build? I know something is wrong, I just need some help. I want to make an unholy build that can dish out just massive, pure, uninhibited damage to both single and multiple targets. However, I am prone to spam death strike and forget scourge strike.
Post by Vishor
My blood spec I'm kind of playing around with. Maybe this will actually make me use Obliterate now! All comments welcome!
Post by buickboy87
Ok here is my shot at raid dps as unholy17/0/54
Pretty straight forward, full necrosis as talent filler, skipped desecration due to the fact that it could cause lag issues as well as making it hard to see some things that bosses may throw on the ground that you need to avoid and also on fights where you move a lot you may not even be in it that long. I put the point in rune tap as my last point and kind of a last min life saver.
EDIT: ok changed it up a bit, missed that outbreak increased plague strike damage too.
Post by LunaticParadise
- My tanking buildBlood:Blade Barrier
- %10 melee avoidance and occasionally lowering own swing timer.Bladed Armor
- tanks have the highest armor, every threat generating ability has AP component.Rune Tap
- endless healing potion with
1 min CD and without
- %15 more armor from items, more physical mitigation, more threat.Unholy:Vicious Strikes
- tanks will use each of these abilities depending on the situation; apply disease, extra heal, single target threat.Morbidity
- almost doubles the effectiveness in multi target tanking by lowering the CD of DnD to half.Anticipation
- %5 melee avoidance.Epidemic
- one extra SS before you need to re-apply these diseases.Unholy Command
- there are not only lonely raid bosses in the game.Ravenous Dead
- %3 more STR, more threat, more parry chance.Outbreak
- more multi target threat.Shadow of Death
- %2 more STR and STA, more threat, more HP, more parry chance.Impurity
- more threat that scales with everything except BS.Magic Suppression
- %5 spell mitigation, no spell damage taken while in Anti-Magic Shell.Desecration
- %50 slower moving and attacking mobs, %5 damage increase.Unholy Aura
- everyone moves faster. everyone. faster. all the time. everyone. sorry about drooling...Crypt Fever
- increased disease damage.Bone Shield
- %40 mitigation against all sources, %2 damage increase. with its internal CD of removing bones this is the best mitigation ability as gear gets better.Wandering Plague
- multi target threat without breaking CCs.Ebon Plaguebringer
- one more disease, more threat, %13 more damage with spells, %3 more crit chance with all abilities.Scourge Strike
- highest single target threat ability.Rage of Rivendare
- %10 more damage, less chance of being parried and dodged.Unholy Blight
- AoE threat while even just walking around. simply amazing.
The talents I didn't pick were the ones I consider extremely situational and unworthy of talent points, including Anti-Magic Zone
(left out intentionally).Major Glyphs:Glyph of Bone Shield
- +1 charge is huge.Glyph of Icebound Fortitude
- no runic power cost for our shield wall.Glyph of Death and Decay
- practically random 2 sec stuns to all targets wthout
any extra effort.Minor Glyphs:Glyph of Horn of Winter
- easier to keep the sweet buff up.Glyph of Pestilence
- easier to spread the diseases.Glyph of Raise Dead
- only to use with Death Pact
Also Bone Shield, Icebound Fortitude, Anti-Magic Shell and base Rune Tap have 1 min CD each. Chain/spread using them every minute results in a very nice mitigation.
You've made me make my Deahtknight unholy just now. You know that, right?
God. I blame you. I blame you SO hard for yet another respec.
Also a question for unholy tanks out there. How nessasary is D&D in the tanking rotation? I barely use it for anything other then an "Oh snap" button as frost tank. 3k Howling blast AoE hits with the occasional blood boil have never failed me.