in your browser.
Assassination Rogue Macros & Addons - Shadowlands 9.2
2022/02/22 at 2:15 AM
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Macros and Addons provide many quality-of-life improvements in WoW, allowing players to improve how information is displayed in-game or automate decision-making to optimize performance.
In this guide, we will go over useful Assassination Rogue macros for , explain how to make your own macros, and cover some of the best Assassination Rogue addons for both hardcore raiders and general players alike. Whether you're looking for specialized Assassination Rogue macros to help you gain a competitive edge, or creating a custom user interface to expand your view of the game world, this page will help get you started with some of the most popular choices within the Assassination Rogue community.
NEW Patch 9.2 Changes
NEW Tier Set Bonus
Rotation, Priority, and Abilities
Macros & Addons
NEW Castle Nathria Tips
NEW Sepulcher Tips
I'm Whispyr, and I am the guide writer for the
Assassination Rogue Guide
. I am in a Mythic raiding guild on Area-52, and often play Mythic+ with friends. I spend most of my time helping out all types of Rogues, from newly aspiring players to people looking for an extra boost in their performance, as well as helping with theorycrafting and technical questions. I also contribute to Simulationcraft for both Assassination and Subtlety Rogue. If you have any questions, you can find me in the
! I also stream regularly on Twitch (
). Feel free to message me directly on Discord for any one-on-one questions you may have.
Macros are simple, in-game tools which allow you to sequence spells together, create custom names and icons, cast different abilities depending on whether the target is friendly or hostile, define targeting conditions, and much, much more. While the amount of options can be complex, making them is easy, so in this section we'll go over how to set them up yourself.
To open the in-game Macro interface, type "/macro" or "/m".
Choose between the General and Character-specific macro tabs. Then click the "New" button on the macro window.
Choose a Name and an Icon so you can easily recognize your macro, then click "Okay."
Select your new macro and use the text editor below to tell it what to do. If copying ours below, you can simply copy/paste the text in.
Click the "Save" button, and drag your macro icon onto your bars, which will allow it to be used just like any other spell from your spellbook.
To close the window, click "Exit", or just press Escape.
For more information on creating macros, including full lists of conditionals, modifiers, and other command customizations you can use, check out our full
Help with Targeting
Tricks of the Trade
on your focus target
If you do not have a focus target, this will fall back to default behavior due to
Marked for Death
on your current mouseover enemy / nameplate
If you do not have a mouseover target, this uses your current target instead (due to
Teleport behind your mouseover target with
Also falls back to your current target if you do not hover your mouse over anyone. This can be helpful if you have to react quickly and no time to select a new target.
Sometimes, it may also help you to create additional macros to combine abilities that you can use together.
If you wish to automatically use on-use trinkets with another ability, you can take advantage of /use and the slot number. The upper trinket slot is 13, the bottom one is 14. For example, this will use
plus your lower trinket slot:
Skipping the targeting circle
Something else you can do is skip the targeting circle on abilities like the Venthyr class ability
Door of Shadows
as well). With this macro, the given ability will immediately use your cursor position as the target without you to place the circle.
/cast Door of Shadows
Applying Weapon Enhancements
This macro can be very useful to apply
Shaded Sharpening Stone
more easily. A left click on it will apply it to the main hand, a right click to the off hand.
/use Shaded Sharpening Stone
/use Shaded Sharpening Stone
The above also works for poisons!
/use Deadly Poison
/use Numbing Poison
Addons are powerful tools that can be used to both customize your gameplay experience, ranging from graphical overlays, replacement action bars, and unit/raid frames, to performance enhancements such as rotation helping spell reminders, buff/debuff tracking, popup reminders, and boss warnings. Here are some of the highly recommended and commonly used Assassination Rogue addons, which are certainly not required to play, but can go a long way toward increasing the information available to you in combat or simply make for a more pleasant viewing experience.
Unlike Macros, managing Addons is done outside of the game, but our
How to Install and Maintain Addons Guide
will take you step-by-step through the process.
In addition to our general recommendations below, I would like to highlight these addons:
- Plays an annoying sound when you stand somewhere you should not be. It is a great and easy addon to avoid fatal mistakes and always nice to have alongside boss mods.
- Nameplate addon that is very lightweight on the CPU and comes with nameplate color presets for Raids and Dungeons by default. Just installing this allows you to easily distinguish different types of enemies based on the nameplate color.
- Shows you what the SimulationCraft APL (the "robot" in the sim) would do in your current situation. Nice rotation helper that, if you like, you can run to always be aware of your red thread in the rotation. It automatically accounts for your setup including talents and other customizable choices whenever necessary.
Aside from that, I can recommend the CurseForge app, which allows you to keep your addons up-to-date more easily. There are also open-source addon managers you can use.
- Very popular all-in-one UI overhaul.
- Highly customizable action bars which can be moved and organized however you like.
- Replacement chatbox addon, with custom themes, fonts, and functions.
Deja Character Stats
- Adds more stats to the character panel, with customizable filters.
Elkano's Buff Bars
- Replaces the standard buff/debuff icons with ordered lists, including names and bar graph-style durations.
- World map enhancement which adds coordinates, icons, and more.
- Allows any part of the default UI to be moved around.
- A specialized radial menu style actionbar, very useful for condensing less frequently used spells that don't always need to be on your main bars.
- Makes your minimap sexy!
Shadowed Unit Frames
- Customizable player, target, and raid unit frames.
- Customize nameplates styles and add various information including buffs, debuffs and casting indicators
World Quest List
- Attaches a sortable list of active world quest lists, filtered by zone, to the edge of your map.
Combat and informational
- A lightweight, open source raid encounter addon.
Deadly Boss Mods
- A more robust encounter addon for dungeons, raids, PvP, and more.
- A highly customizable damage and healing meter
Exorsus Raid Tools
- Modular addon containing raid coordination tools for raid leaders and officers.
- Threat meter
- Helps you find gear upgrades when combined with a string from SimulationCraft
- Simplifies simming your character by generating an in-game script to paste into SimCraft or Raidbots
- A very powerful addon that can display a massive variety of information including procs, casting indicators and raid boss warnings.
Of course, these recommendations are not the only useful addons out there; there are hundreds to choose from, of every type imaginable. If you're looking for something a little different, search through
to find the right Assassination Rogue addons for you.
Our Assassination Rogue guides are always updated with the latest information from in-game experience, simulations, and logs; make sure to check our changelog to this page, by clicking on
at the top of the page. If you are interested in more in-depth Assassination Rogue guides for , make sure to browse the
below, and our list of
just beneath the
Table of Contents
Would you like to quickly find this guide using Discord? You can do it easily using
here to add Jeeves
to your Discord server.
Thanks for reading our class guides! If you have any feedback about the guides, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and we will reply as quickly as possible. If you'd like to talk with any of our writers directly you can do so by joining our
and finding them there!
Share your comments about this guide in our Rogue forum!
Get Wowhead Premium
As little as
less than $1 a month
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!