Tuesday maintence doesn't bother me at all. I know my hubby, who works overnights and often has tuesday morning off does find it annoying, but he also uses it as a chance to play other games (like Free Realms last night, hehe). They have to make sure that things are working properly and 3am to 11am isn't horrid. Go find other things to do with your time, go outside, go to the library, run errands, sleep in!
Yup, Tuesdays aren't bad.
Tuesdays are fine and it still is funny when people complain. Perhaps we could put them all on one server where they don't get maintenance and see how long they last when the server starts to deteriorate...
I'd rather have it on a Tuesday than a Saturday. :P
I guess you can say that everyone has an opinion, but to me what it comes down to is having an opinion and offering up something worthwhile as a result of it. Instead of whining about it, why don't they offer up some constructive feedback about what might work better for them or their group. Or, try to gain a greater appreciation and understanding of the complexity of Blizzard's infrastructure and design and why the maintenance days are necessary.IRL Tuesday is for catching up on blogs (/nod), reading, working, listening, etc...
Tuesdays are fine and it still is funny when people complain. Perhaps we could put them all on one server where they don't get maintenance and see how long they last when the server starts to deteriorate...LOL Brilliant!
No complaints from me....
I live in Hawaii and 3am to 11pm is 10pm-6am...Soo, fine by me, I dont think I have EVER been effected by matinace, however I have had wow crash or my internet go out for a long period of time, I just played on of the other 100 games I own :P
Meh, the maintenance hours don't bother me much, the 15 minutes are easily shrugged off, and the 6-8 hour shutdown is a good time for those insomniacs to catch a nap, but during maintenance, i normally just catch up on my Bleach or Naruto(Shippuuden), check the wowhead site, or sleep.
Maintenance hours are definitely not an issue for me, but my question is: what would happen if Blizzard didn't do maintenance? Is WoW like a car needing a tune-up or an oil change? What can they be doing for 12+ hours?
Tuesday maintenance isn't bad, its the fact that they constantly extend the time they said it would be finished at.
I personally don't mind it, as I work 8 - 5 every day. I think folks who complain about it, just want to fit in with the Jones's. "Oh ya, this maintenance sucks, and is taking FOREVER!". Like a previous poster said, go do something else for a while. Even for weeks with an eight hour maintenance, that's less than 5% of your week. If you can't find sometime to play in the other +95%, you'll probably never be happy.
Tuesday's are fine. Like someone else said, it's much better than the weekend :)
The only time I think complaints are even remotely valid is when a regular maintenance is prolonged for 4-6 HOURS. There have been times when the server I am on, for some reason, is pushed back 30 minutes....then an hour.....then two more hours.....Server maintenance is pretty crucial though, so bear with it.
Tuesday maintenance = not bad.Extended maintenance = bad.
Nobody finds it horribly ironic that we are reading this during a maintenance?
Tuesday maintenance = not bad.Extended maintenance = bad.Exactly.
While we're doing math:broken game + short maintenance duration < working game + extended maintenance duration
While we're doing math:broken game + short maintenance duration < working game + extended maintenance durationYes, but if they're constantly extending the maintenance duration, they should extend the period of time they claim they will be doing maintenance to give people a more realistic idea of when they can log on again.
The only thing I have ever objected to is that the Auction Timer doesnt "Pause". I post around 2 to 3 hundred items every 48 hours. It's not really that bad - but when I get home from work on monday, I post sunday's expired auctions. When the Maint Windo is Extended - i basically just blew a good bit of extra gold.Other than that - i work 9-5, play on a EST server - so all is well by the time I get home. It's part of wow life =)