in your browser.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Holy Priest Talents & Build Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Welcome to the Holy Priest Talent guide. This guide provides an overview of all Holy Priest talents, information on which talents work well in different situations, and popular Holy Priest builds in Wowhead's talent calculator. The author of this guide is
Priest Healer for Incarnate on US-Ner'zhul. He's been raiding in WoW for almost 6 years straight with his most recent accomplishments of finishing Mythic Nighthold US-15, World 69th. Updated for patch 7.3.
Priorites & Abilities
Macros & Addons
Recommended Holy Priest talents for new players or those just looking for a flexible and consistent build. Note: this is NOT always going to be the optimal Holy Priest build for every fight, it is meant as a starting point for raiding.
This Holy Priest build is focused primarily on raiding.
This Holy Priest build is focused on Mythic+
– A solid increase in mana regeneration and allows flexibility on what you are spending your additional mana on in comparison to
Trail of Light
. Default talent option for raiding at the moment.
Trail of Light
– Trail allows for a marked increase in your single target healing by allowing your previous target to be healed for a portion of your last cast
. From a mana perspective the more that you are casting
, the more bonus effect of extra healing from Trail that you receive, which in fact creates healing for no additional mana cost. It also synergizes well with Mastery as the Trail target also receives Echo healing. Since
has been nerfed,
Trail of Light
became very competitive in this tier. Trail is for sure stronger than
in Dungeon content, but is only used occasionally in raids at the moment.
– This is a PvE noob trap, plain and simple. Unfortunately
has been quite weakened in potency going into Legion and while this may look powerful in dungeons, it often devolves into overhealing and forces higher maintenance for any sort of solid performance.
– A slightly nerfed form of the spell that priests everywhere have come to know and love. Consistent, allows pre-placement and priority is given to the caster, your go-to for mobility
Body and Mind
– Similar to Body and Soul for Discipline this talent very much lacks in uptime, consistency, planning and personal use. It is far better to pre-place a feather during a free global before you have to run somewhere, or place a feather down for another player who might be a bit slower to make use of. Unexpected movement speed boosts for other players have a habit of being more harmful than hurtful and just more annoying in general, Feather is far superior.
becoming baseline, this talent takes its place. Duration lasts as long as the Renew on your character, but unfortunately mobility is such a necessity that this is not worth taking.
– Potential leveling talent that will give you some breathing room if enemies are chasing after you, little to no value in a raid environment
– Another potential leveling talent giving your HW: Chastise the added ability to stun, either or
are acceptable whilst leveling.
– Essential talent for raiding, giving you added value if you happen to proc your
Spirit of Redemption
form (also known as dying), giving you more time to heal for no mana.
Light of the Naaru
– Extremely potent talent giving faster access to Holy Words. By taking
this allows double dipping with both Holy Words and a greater portion of your spell casts reducing the cooldown of those Words. Go to talent.
– This talent is exceptionally powerful during encounters in which external cooldowns are especially needed. Expect to take this talent if your tanks are having issues staying alive, but also keep in mind that the angel's duration must run its course, so that you can benefit from taking the talent in the first place. Quite good in all dungeon content, take as needed.
Symbol of Hope
– Extremely powerful raid cooldown talent that benefits all healers in your raid group. While it has a relatively short duration for such a long cooldown, it can be powerful by giving all healers in the raid the time to cast spells for no mana cost, while also letting them have a solid amount of time to regenerate mana. While this has been recently buffed it is not quite as powerful as
Light of the Naaru
for personal healing. Consider using on long encounters and those with cooldown resetting mechanics.
Surge of Light
– Offers free full strength
s for casting other heals, great synergy with
and very mana efficient option.
– Good synergy with Holy Words but a fairly hefty mana cost. This talent gains more value with better mana trinkets you receive and with more consistent raid damage allowing you to bring back both Holy Words faster at the same time.
– With recent buffs,
has become the go-to talent to take. Offering tremendous cooldown reduction to Sanctify and a huge buff to Renews spread across the raids with
. Mandatory for raiding.
– A flat healing increase after using your Holy Word. Often quite strong to combo your Holy Words when possible (i.e. waiting 3-5 seconds is okay to combo both damage permitting, but holding 40 seconds is wasteful) using the less needed of the two first, then using the more effective one with the heal increase.
– Solid, consistent heal for stacked raid fights and offers great synergy as a proc generator for
Surge of Light
. Also great leveling talent for the extra damage it can provide, especially while moving.
– Fairly solid for more spread encounters and no longer has any range modes where you heal the target hit at the farthest difference for more, if you hit them at 5yrds away it heals for the same as the person hit 20 yards away. Currently, Divinity looks a bit more powerful than
in most situations.
– Very potent 3 minute cooldown allowing faster access to Holy Words. The costs of taking this talent come in how much you are using your
triggering abilities to get your Holy Words back off cooldown as your Holy Words are free during the duration. It takes approximately 3 consecutive casts of one type of
triggering spell (i.e.
Holy Word: Serenity
Holy Word: Sanctify
cd reduction) to get the spell back off cooldown. Fantastic for fights with short periods of high burst damage, solid raid talent overall and optimal leveling talent. While
is currently higher HPS, and far easier to operate,
gives you a stronger response to extended periods of heavy damage and can be much more potent for getting life saving Holy Words off cooldown faster. Must have in dungeon content.
– A potent, passive talent augmenting existing abilities and improved by legendaries. You will cut
out of your playstyle unless you are moving and need a filler to cast, and will push for always casting your PoMs on the tanks so that they will be the most likely recipients of the
that follows. Thanks to recent buffs to
, this talent has become the higher HPS talent in the row and is the go to talent.
Circle of Healing
– Classic and consistent spell that is extremely flexible. While this talent has been a staple of Holy for multiple expansions, becoming a talent it has lost a bit of its luster. It is solid, but can often lack the raw strength in comparison to
. Too weak to consider at the moment.
Share your comments about this guide in our Priest forum!
Discipline Priest Talents & Build Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Shadow Priest Talents & Build Guide – Legion 7.3.5
More Class Guides
Feathermane Hunter Pet Guide
Restoration Shaman Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Warlords of Draenor Druid Changes
Elementals in Draenor: An In-Depth Guide to Elemental Shaman
Warlords of Draenor Death Knight Changes
Mythic Antoran High Command Antorus Raid Strategy Guide
Postmaster's Questline: Rewards, Tips & Tricks, Walkthrough
Mythic Felhounds of Sargeras Antorus Raid Strategy Guide
Mythic Eonar the Life-Binder Antorus Strategy Guide
Mythic Garothi Worldbreaker Antorus Strategy Guide
Warlords of Draenor Follower Guide
Heirloom Collections Guide
Warlords of Draenor Legendary Ring Guide
Hidden Artifact Weapon Appearances and Effects
Draenor Pathfinder: How To Unlock Flying in Draenor
More Guides by AutomaticJak
Holy Priest Artifact Challenge Guide
Discipline Priest Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Holy Priest Artifact Weapon: T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru – Legion 7.3.5
Holy Priest Enchants, Gems & Enhancements – Legion 7.3.5
Holy Priest Gear, Tier Sets & BiS – Legion 7.3.5
Get Wowhead Premium
$1 a month or
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!
Other ZAM Sites
Final Fantasy XI
© 2018 ZAM Network LLC